will Ser Barristan betray daenerys for love of Ashara dayne/lemore?

Lord Warwyck

i think ser barristan the bold will be dany's final betrayer. George martin likes to shock people and i don't think there can be a bigger shock than this.

Many people speculate that ashara and lemore are the same person. The daynes where targareyn loyalists and arthur dayne was her close brother. I think its likely that she staged her own death to involve herself in varys's plot or maybe arthur dayne convinced her into it.

We see that lemore is of the same age ashara should be now, she is attractive, is intelligent and caring as fits the description of original ashara. And she is genuinely fond of aegon. Even a dour gay warlord like jon con grows fond of her. And this will fill some of the pieces in the identity puzzle.

If dany and aegon come to swords or co operation aegon is hopelessly outmatched. He can have the army of all of westeros and still have no chance against three dragons.

But ashara/lemore comes to barristan, rekindles his feelings for her and persuades him to serve his ''true '' monarch( if aegon is aegon then he is the real king). Barristan then goes and helps aegon to snag a dragon, Rhaegal( the more violent one) perhaps.

And thus dany's prophecy is fulfilled. She is betrayed for blood( miri), for gold( brown ben) and for love( barristan selmy)

Archived