Chapter 23 Arya

Throstle

I read this right before bed and could not go to sleep. This guild of the faceless man scares me. It is not Arya's choice who dies, but that of many faced god, so she might as well give up her bedtime chant. I don't like that they kill for money, not for justice or any other reason. Jaqen was willing to kill himself or his father if Ayra had insisted. Scary!

It is the best chapter so far. I enjoy the description and mystery of the temple, like what is happening on the third floor, or is the entity that was Jaqen still in the guild, maybe even the kindly old man himself. It saddens me that it was the last chapter for Ayra in the whole book.

One question though, is Ayra a Warg? She dreams of being a wolf in this chapter. I know she dreamed of attacking her pursuers as a wolf when she left Herinhall but I'm not sure if that was real or dream?

One question though, is Ayra a Warg? She dreams of being a wolf in this chapter. I know she dreamed of attacking her pursuers as a wolf when she left Herinhall but I'm not sure if that was real or dream?

She is, which is already revealed in ASOS when she (as Nymeria) pulls her dead mother out of the water.

Archived