Black or Green? (Possible PATQ SPOILERS)

Roddy the Ruin

I support the Blacks not just because of Rhaenyra's claim but because the conspiracy against her shows me Greens were not fit to rule.

Say what you will about the Targaryens but this war was instigated by a Hightower and a Cole. I thought that was very telling.

:agree:

I support the Blacks not just because of Rhaenyra's claim but because the conspiracy against her shows me Greens were not fit to rule.

Say what you will about the Targaryens but this war was instigated by a Hightower and a Cole. I thought that was very telling.

Preach.

I support the Blacks because Viserys named Rhaenyra heir and that speaks volumes to me, and because Daemon the Dragonjumper. I just wish Daeron was a Black because I liked him and didn't like rooting against him...

This is so true. I would argue the same for the Blackfyre rebellion as well.

Initially I sympathized with the blacks. After the Blood and Cheese episode I was left without a side to root for (and Rhaenyra ordering Nettles' murder cemented that sentiment). The pretenders should be called Aegon the Unworthy and Rhaenyra the Unworthy. Even though I admit that the greens worked harder to appear despicable, and certainly worked at it from the first page.

And the Blacks were fit to rule? Rhaenyra was definitely not fit to rule at the time.

Anyway, team Ser Perkin the Flea and King Trystane Waters all the way

Aegon didn't want the throne. It took a lot for his mother and her scheming court to persuade him to take it. Meanwhile, Rhaenyra was groomed and ready to go. What does it say when your "king" has to be pushed to make his claim?

If Alicent and Criston did absolutely nothing, Rhaenyra would have ascended to the throne and there would have been no dance.

Aegon didn't want the throne. It took a lot for his mother and her scheming court to persuade him to take it. Meanwhile, Rhaenyra was groomed and ready to go. What does it say when your "king" has to be pushed to make his claim?

If Alicent and Criston did absolutely nothing, Rhaenyra would have ascended to the throne and there would have been no dance.

Apparently the portion in which he shows some modesty in this regard was supposedly recounted by Septon Eustace who anointed Aegon and claimed Rhaenyra was cut by the throne despite being garbed in armor, so it's highly suspect, particularly how out of character that scene appears to be relative to the rest of the text's depiction of Aegon.

Apparently the portion in which he shows some modesty in this regard was supposedly recounted by Septon Eustace who anointed Aegon and claimed Rhaenyra was cut by the throne despite being garbed in armor, so it's highly suspect, particularly how out of character that scene appears to be relative to the rest of the text's depiction of Aegon.

Basically. The PaTQ is pretty suspect in reliability in some places.

Green. I'm probably in the minority but I loved Alicent, her kids(except for Aemond) and all the Hightowers in the story.

Yo.

Greens, definitely. Goes to show theres more to such matters than numbers and claim. Pragmatism for the win. Aegon won by pulling a pretty badass Batman Gambit. I can respect that.

Are you suggesting Rhaenyra was fit to rule? Or fit to rule only if there was no dance? Or fit to rule if there was only ever peace?

She clearly fucking cracked under the pressure and went all cray cray when she was in King's Landing. So I'll say it again: Rhaenyra was definitely not fit to rule at the time.

This.

Also, Prince Daemon, so yeah...

I pick the blacks, but really it has nothing to do with claim. It's just the opening starts with lies, betrayal, killing. Hell they had to lie to the guy they wanted to be king to get him to be the king. So for me it was like well they picked the fight, and then the blacks of course go through one screw up and plot device after another so the Greens win when they really never should of. Then Martin gives the blacks a ton of dragons, then offs them in some of the dumbest ways he could think of, at one point I was waiting for a dragon to slip on a banana peel and break it's neck.

Some good parts but for the most part it was crap. Like when Martin was killing off the sons it just felt so contrived, bad luck, bad luck, stupidity. In that order. Same with the dragons, bad, luck, bad, luck, super powered drunks and stupidity.

It was almost like I was at a bar and listening to a buddy tell me a story where every other word out of his mouth was "and you're not going to believe what happened next" and yet another improbably thing happened and you know it's BS but it's mildly entertaining for a wild until he gets to the part where he saved the world from terrorists with the help of Megan Fox, but it's top secret and nobody can ever know and he can never see Megan again, cause he just had to jump that shark because he got caught up in his own bs, but then won't admit it's bs. Which is just sad cause you have to either be a moron, or a moron to buy anything he said.

Blacks. Rhaenyra had the rightful claim, and even though Viserys' own claim could be argued as weaker than Rhaenys, at least it was a Great Council that decided it, not through murderous schemes. Regardless of what we think of claim now, this was a time of peace and would've continued to be so if Rhaenyra was summoned and coronated. Instead that C Alicent and D Cole schemed and were the direct cause of the war. Not saying the Blacks were innocent of the fighting, just that the actual war itself was the Hightower Hag.

The dragons, as AppleMartini (I think) said once, were the true victims. They may be capable of great destruction, but the war was not their fault and they were driven to near extinction because of Alicent & Criston the war.

Are you suggesting Rhaenyra was fit to rule? Or fit to rule only if there was no dance?

Yes, she would have been. She had been groomed for it. She was the Realm's Delight. People loved her. It was the deaths of her sons and the war that drove her to a bad place. Not to mention, um, her father who adored her was left to rot by his own scheming C wife. I bet that does things to a person.

A toast to the rightful Queen's memory, Queen Rhaenyra, the best thing that never happened to Westeros. :cheers:

as I have said before;

"An eye for an eye, a son for a son,Lucerys shall be avenged" *one of the best and most intimidating Westeros related quotes ever*

BLACK TEAM!

Seriously, I loved Little Lucerys he was one of my fav, Rhaenyra The Realm's Delight, Jace, Baela, Neetles, Rhaenys the Queen Who Never Was, Aegon the Younger, Roddy the Ruin, Addam of Hull, the Oakenfist, the Sea Snake, the Winter Wolves and Joff but I adore :bowdown: Daemon. Cheese and Blood was epic and majestic. I loved it and I don't regret it but I know I am terrible also. And don't let me start on dragon jumping and Dark Sister's relationship with Aemond's orbit.

Hellicent's ultimate tisis was one of the best parts in all Westerosi history for me. That is what you get for being a monster and you raise your children as monsters too.

Archived