Daenerys the betrayer

Guess who's back

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I actually gave a them a bone and provided a quote against Dany and apparently it's not enough.

There is no middle ground. :dunno:

ETA: There's no reason to be calling anyone "fanatics" or "apologists". What purpose does it serve other than to get the thread locked?

You can't draw to such assumptions for an entire group of people. And it's against the rules of the forum to attack fan bases of any character.

Not attacking, just making an observation. But you make a good point. I'll try to keep in mind its only individuals acting in this manner and they don't speak for everyone.

Like I said, you Dany apologists can try and color the sack of Astapor however you like it. You can say the killing of innocents is ok so long as its done by Dany. You can say her shits are rainbows and smell like flowers if you want. W/e fine I don't care. Clearly there's no reasoning with you.

My point was you have clearly derailed this thread. The point of this thread was not to argue which color of black was a darker shade.

The point of this thread was whether or not Dany would make a name for herself/become known for being deceptive/betraying people/if people would ever be trusting of her again. If you don't believe me see the OP on page 1. When did this thread get derailed? Was it the evil Dany haters?!?!?!? Nope, it was the Dany fans, specifically Nictarion on page 1-2.

TY have a nice day. Mods might want to go ahead and lock this thread, its gone so far off topic its not even funny.

Okay, here is the OP, copied and pasted:

I cant believe that everyone is absolutely okay with the sack of Astapor and the unsullied deal. People are even saying that it is one of the greatest moments of the books?! I actually felt bad about the slavers and everyone in the city.

Even the slavers had more dignity than her. If this is how Dany is about to handle deals, I don't think anyone is ever going to trust her.

Since the OP directly mentions the "sack of Astapor" I don't see how I have derailed the thread by pointing out that there was no sack of Astapor. I have never maintained that the killing of innocents is okay, whoever does it. I don't know of anyone who says that the Unsullied deal was one of the greatest moments in the books. Perhaps someone has said that, but not in any post I've read. I have criticized Dany here and on other threads. Trying to analyze things carefully and using logic properly is not the same thing as arguing which shade of black is darker. Terms like "you Dany apologists" are too vague to be useful.

lol, I feel like every time I check in on Dany threads, there's more Hitler comparisons.

@ the "Dany = Hitler" contingent: I don't think this comparison accomplishes what you're intending. In that it makes Dany-criticism seem preposterous. Unless a lot of you are actually super Pro-Dany and using this absurdity to undermine the anti-Dany position. In which case, mission accomplished.

:cheers: Exactly!

I actually don't. When legitimate points are raised against her I agree. I can't help a good deal of the criticism comes from an irrational hatred for a fictional character.

From what I've seen, and granted I haven't seen everything you've ever posted ever, it does seem like you're constantly whitewashing every criticism thrown at Dany. So much so that you're the first person that comes to mind when I think "Dany fan."

I never would have guessed Jon Snow was your favorite. I thought it was Dany all the way with you o.O

Okay, here is the OP, copied and pasted:

I cant believe that everyone is absolutely okay with the sack of Astapor and the unsullied deal. People are even saying that it is one of the greatest moments of the books?! I actually felt bad about the slavers and everyone in the city.

Even the slavers had more dignity than her. If this is how Dany is about to handle deals, I don't think anyone is ever going to trust her.

Since the OP directly mentions the "sack of Astapor" I don't see how I have derailed the thread by pointing out that there was no sack of Astapor. I have never maintained that the killing of innocents is okay, whoever does it. I don't know of anyone who says that the Unsullied deal was one of the greatest moments in the books. Perhaps someone has said that, but not in any post I've read. I have criticized Dany here and on other threads. Trying to analyze things carefully and using logic properly is not the same thing as arguing which shade of black is darker. Terms like "you Dany apologists" are too vague to be useful.

Sorry if I seemed too vague. If you'll look closely I did specifically call out Nictarion. That is who my post was primarily directed at.

OP you're right. Dany has already lost trust:

"Ah, there is the thorn in the bower, my queen," said Hizdahr zo Loraq. "Sad to say, Yunkai has no faith in your promises. They keep plucking the same string on the harp, about some envoy that your dragons set on fire."

"Only his tokar was burned," said Dany scornfully.

"Be that as it may, they do not trust you. The men of New Ghis feel the same. Words are wind, as you yourself have so oft said. No words of yours will secure this peace for Meereen. Your foes require deeds. They would see us wed, and they would see me crowned as king, to rule beside you."

She might not have broke guest right but her actions were no different than what Lyn Corbray did during the meeting between Littlefigner and the Lords Declarant. Not only that, they've thrown her own words back at her because she's repeated them so often. They're mocking her, turning the tables on her. She's given them a token to use against her. It's quite embarrassing and makes her situation all the more difficult.

I'm a Dany fan, as I'm a fan of quite a few other characters; Tyrion, Jaime, Stannis, Jon, Varys, Brienne, Arya and even Robb.

I totally admit that Dany has flaws. But, so does every other damn character. What I see as pointless is the constant ragging on one character or the other while somehow excusing that other character's flaws, or acting as if one character's flaws are better or worse than another's.

People seem to forget the fact that GRRM himself has made this point in countless interviews; he believes no one is wholly evil or wholly pure/good, everyone has a shade of grey in them and his STORY depicts that. Yet some try to put on a particular color of glasses and see a character in a light he hasn't tried to portray them in, as in: Dany is evil or that Jon is an angel, etc. THEY'RE ALL GREY.

I personally don't give a damn if you or that other poster doesn't like Dany or doesn't approve of what she did. I am completely aware that not everyone is going to agree with my opinions, nor am I going to agree with everyone else's opinion on a particular character or some action that they took etc.

People rag on Tyrion for being a rapist and an 'ass'. Yet, I'd probably argue most of those people haven't lived in his shoes, experienced his experiences, are not able to see him through the eyes of EMPATHY.

Same goes for just about any other character you can name, save maybe Davos, except Davos was a smuggler for the better part of his life. Doesn't make him an angel that he's so honorable "now", nor does it make him evil.

If you have a problem with Dany going back on her deal with Kraznys and the Good Masters, more power to ya. I don't. This is the freaking Game of Thrones, you win or you die. All's fair in Love and War. I'm a veteran myself and sure while I would advocate the adherence to the Geneva Conventions and common decency, if it came down to it, in a feudal society such as the one that this story exists in, nothing is out of bounds. If it came down to me living or dying based on doing the honorable thing, yea screw that I'd pull every dirty trick in the book out. But that's just me. People are different and we all have our shades of grey, whether you want to admit it or not.

From what I've seen, and granted I haven't seen everything you've ever posted ever, it does seem like you're constantly whitewashing every criticism thrown at Dany. So much so that you're the first person that comes to mind when I think "Dany fan."

I never would have guessed Jon Snow was your favorite. I thought it was Dany all the way with you o.O

Can we please stop talking about each other, and stick to the books?

Archived