Are you a Male Sansa fan? Please come and tell me why? and is your a female fan also come share the love.

The Weirwoods Eyes

Sansa has a great story line, its about coming full circle, and dealing with issues the best way you can. Sansa is not a physically aggressive person, however she handles problems with the skills she is equipped with logic and patience. I for one do not feel alot of people give her enough credit for surviving. She was put into a terrible position even if some of it was self made.

Unless kings landing got sacked she wouldn't have died under any circumstances. She is a great hostage to have and eventually become the Heir to Winterfell. Sometimes I feel fans get delusional with Sansa, even worse than Jon fans. That said, crossi g my fingers she eventually becomes a player in the game. The Starks sorely need one.

I guess you could call me a Sansa "fan". I consider her an interesting character and wish a happyish ending for her for sure.

I like her because I feel like hers is a very grounded and realistic character arc. No magic, no flipping into assassin mode, etc. Just a scared young girl who finds herself in horrifying situation after horrifying situation and eventually begins to listen, learn, and toughen up.

People give too much credit to learning and playing the game. I don't. The Others certainly do not play the game.

I think whoever plays the game will end up dead. I think LF will try to rape her and Sansa will slay him. Then she will trust Shadrich and the other Hedge Knights to take her to White Harbour. However, they will betray her and take her to KL to sell her to Cersei. Sansa will have to use all of her skills to survive in the KL and face her biggest fear (Cersei).

People give too much credit to learning and playing the game. I don't. The Others certainly do not play the game.

I think whoever plays the game will end up dead. I think LF will try to rape her and Sansa will slay him. Then she will trust Shadrich and the othr Hedge Knights to take her to White Harbour. However, they will betray her and take her to KL to sell her to Cersei. Sansa will all of her skills to survive in the KL and face her biggest fear (Cersei).

I think the Hedge Knights work for the Elder Brother actually.

Sansa is probably the less understood character in Game of Thrones.

Many think that Sansa is a weakling whose only able to moan and cry. However although in a much different way, she's closer to Jon Snow and Arya Stark then many think.

Lets start from the beginning. Sansa is the most 'Tully' of all Starks. She's red haired, gracious and a real lady. Like any Tully she sees arranged marriages as a way how to consolidate power and at the beginning of the GOT she's uses all her assets to make the Starks stronger then ever before, ie by mixing their blood with that of the king's son, heir to the reign. The girl suffers every humiliating act but she sticks to her king and that was achieved first for personal ambition but then to preserve the family. Joffrey was going to be a horrible king and unlike the mad king he would have had (at least on paper) the full backing of the Baratheons and the Lannisters. One of the very few ways the Starks could get away with that was for Sansa to marry him and divert the blunt of his hatred towards herself.

After Eddard's foolishly fell in the Lannister's trap, Sansa ends up alone in the middle of a cyclone. A play thing for Joffrey, hated by Cersei and an important pawn in the grand scheme of things Sansa manages to keep herself alive. That was achieved through preserving her status by using her innocence as a shield and her dignity as an armor. It would have been so easy for her to lose her sanity or do something stupid but she didn't. Her composure earned her the respect of many including the Tyrells, Sandor Clegane and Tyrion Lannister.

Its so easy to frown upon Sansa but guess what? She's the only Stark who placed her family first and always. No Stark would have survived what Sansa had to endure without losing it.

a) Eddard placed his family into war by messing into other people business and foolishly tell everything to Cersei

b) Robb foolishly lost a war because he opted to marry a random girl

c) Arya abandoned the family cause to go to Bravos

d) Brandon did the same to go beyond the wall

e) Rincon well does he really exist?

I'm female and I love Sansa.

The older I get I find more preference in female characters ala Sansa and Cat- mature wise ladies that carry serene and dignity, grace and pride, and bravery, without needing to have a "sassy" attitude or saying dumb one-liners every now and then. You can be brave and strong and still be a reserved, shy person.

And I like Sansa's genuity and compassion. In a series full of false people, it's nice to see one that still has kindness in her, without being a wet blanket. She'll exact revenge on those who wronged her, but will not mistreat innocents (you hear that Cersei?)

• 2 months later...

I'm male. Much like the Stannis fandom, I never understood the Sansa fandom to be honest. This isn't a hate post by the way, I'm just being honest. When I first read the books I strongly disliked her, on my second read I felt pity, when I finished the second read I suppose I was more indifferent than anything else. Her character to me seems like something that was created to contrast Arya's willfulness and to emphasize Catelyn's influence, or lack thereof on Arya. This IMHO, is the thing that eventually cemented the strong bond between Arya and Jon to both book characters and readers.

As the books progressed I saw her as our eyes to King's Landing and the Vale, much like Jon Con is our eyes to Young Griff's quest. As far as Sansa the character goes, I have very little in common with her. She doesn't really do anything. It was only after I came to this forum that I saw all the theories about her becoming a player. I'm not a subscriber to this theory; not because I don't think she'll be important but because I don't think there is enough time, a limitation imposed by removing the 5-year gap I suppose. If she does become a player or LF 2.0 I think I might go back to strongly disliking her since I generally despise LF-like characters.

The female characters I most identify with or like are Daenerys, Arya, Asha, Missandei and Brienne. I also like Myrcella and Sarella, if she's really Alleras.

That being said, Sansa, along with the rest of the Stark brood and Daenerys, are characters I hope make it to the end of the series with the sweet side of the bittersweet ending promised by GRRM.

EDIT: The chapter where she meets the Queen of Thorns is still one of my favourites. Some of her scenes in the show are some of my favourites. But no, I'm definitely not a fan.

I am a straight male and a Sansa fan (now).During the first book she was so annoying.But in all her chapters in CoK and SoS she witnesses huge events and has gone through terrible conditions,which is big punishment for betraying her father in GoT.Slowly and without her recognition she learns about her enemies disadvantages ,to tell lies,to distrust anybody,to be bravier and how to think.In my opinion she is an improved mix of Cersei and Catelyn which makes the perfect queen.In FfC she finally has quicker personnal developpment and learns to rely on her abilities more.I believe she is one of the most useful characters in the book with Tyrion,Jon,Cersei and Daenerys.When i read people saying she is stupid a question comes to my mind:how she managed to survive in Kings Landing alone with the Lannisters if she was stupid?We have seen too many people dying in this snake lair (Ned,Joffrey,Twyin,Kevan,Jon Arryn,Shae,Oberyn) or losing power (Cersei,Tyrion)

I'm a female Sansa fan, but have come to share the love.

I enjoy Sansa's chapters a lot, partly because the King's Landing stuff were some of my favourite chapters it the earlier books. I think Sansa is a very "normal" person, in that she is not this perfect infallible human being that people think she should be (mostly those who constantly critique her). Nobody in real life is perfect, and as Sansa is only an adolescent girl, her mistakes and faults are both realistic and understandable. I'm very much looking forward to where her arc will take her, and look forward to her chapters in the Winds of Winter :)

Also, Sophie Turner does a stunning job imo. Season 4 spoilers

She had very few lines in E1 and E2, yet her facial expressions got across the emotion that was needed.

I'm another initially sceptical straight man, but Sansa grew on me gradually as I read the books. I was indifferent about her for most of book 1, initially put off by her supporting Joffrey against Arya, whom I liked from the start, though that was actually quite an understandable reaction for a young girl in her position. I started to feel some empathy after Ned's death, and realised at some point in ASOS that I actually liked her and wanted something good to happen to her. By AFFC I was looking out for her chapters - and disappointed she didn't appear in ADWD. I watched series 1-3 roughly between AFFC and ADWD, and went through similar feelings again. I wondered at first if Sophie Turner would grow with her as her character developed, but I can only say she has done, completely.

As several people have said, she is a realistic character, not an archetypal fantasy princess, nor an obvious protagonist, nor just a victim, but a quiet and gentle survivor who is beginning to get some agency of her own. I like both Arya and Sansa, for different and overlapping reasons. While both could go down dark paths, of all the main characters they are the ones I'd most like to see in good places at the close.

I think Sansa is great. She's a normal, flawed character who is maturing along with the story. I get the sense that she's about to break out of her previously passive role. In that sense, she's more interesting than Dany, who has a similar arc but seems to be consumed by her beliefs about Targ exceptionalism, her birth rights, and her infallible sense of justice. She's also somewhat more interesting character than Arya, who is evolving on a more linear path than Sansa.

Fan. Especially considering how hard she's had it. Surely one to watch as she becomes much stronger than she started. Maybe with littlefingers guidance she might become cunning, she could be definitely but i think shes stronger and will be less in the shadows than him and more respected

Sansa is such a unique character amongst all of these jerks and murderers. While reading her chapters I constantly go, "Ugh, Sansa, you're the worst." She isn't really the worst but her questionable memory, frustrating choices, and naïveté provide the reader many opportunities to bemoan the things she does. Sansa, just stand your ground!

Her story is inextricably tied to Petyr's right now so I greatly anticipate her chapters, and was miffed they were not in Dance. The natural development for her character is to overcome her captor but I rather hope it happens more like Beauty & the Beast in that Sansa "saves" Petyr from his inner demons (rather than some kind of thing with The Hound). Baelish has certainly done a lot of terrible things that are beyond the Beast's capacity but it would be rich for that to happen - especially considering Martin's fine writing on the modern TV version of that story. I know a lot of people want to see her shove him out the Moon Door but I'd like to hope our author takes a different route.

She has learned she needs to operate somewhat within the rules all of these treacherous people have set but she still maintains her connection to family, love, and hope. That's why I like her, even though she's the worst. :)

I'm a female fan of Sansa. She's my most fav character now since Storm of Swords because her storyline suddenly became very interesting. I'm now even more interested to her story than Arya's. At first she's annoying then after her dad died I feel sorry for her. Now she's sucha badass in the show.

I just don't get why still people hate her. Maybe some of them has a low level of understanding. I've felt her struggle when she was in KL. She's not dumb, she just wanna shut her mouth to avoid trouble with Joffrey and she doesn't fight back.

I'm glad she's with LF. I like their tandem, (badass team). I'm sure she'll learn a lot from him.

I prefer the show!Sansa. Btw. Sophie did a great job on portraying her. So excited to see her in season 5.

I'm a male sansa fan. I think she's one of the nicest, most innocent and real characters in the series. She also has a certain courage to her, saving dontos and telling joffrey that Robb could give her his head despite the fact she's a prisoner and punching bag to the most powerful sociopath in westeros.

And she also has some of the best chapters in the.while series hands down.

It seems that I never asked the original post ( I thought I did ), but big fan I am and it's because she is one of the most realistic persons in the book.

Naive, innocent, spoiled, elitist, smart a good mix staying within the norms of her world doing what she is taught and told to advance her house and her dreams; then reality starts smacking her in the head and she has to rethink, reevaluate and retool her thoughts to survive, she still did things which she hasn't yet acknowledge to herself which put her in her position in KL and if she does start to fully remember, she may have a breakdown.

But She learns, keep things under wraps and if Sophie Turner's portrayal is anything close to where GRRM is going with her she will be one of the best thing for her family, throw Arya in there with her and it be a deadly combo.

Archived