Are you a Male Sansa fan? Please come and tell me why? and is your a female fan also come share the love.

The Weirwoods Eyes

Huge Sansa fan, I even liked her during GoT. Started loving her after the "maybe Robb will give me yours" comment. It helps that she arguably has the most interesting chapters in the series.

I didn't warm up to Sansa quite as fast as Catelyn who was my favorite character during my first read but the hate lumped at Sansa (and Cat :drunk:) did kinda shock me when I joined the boards tbh.

Pretty much the only Sansa chapters I really enjoyed were the ones where she was either with Tyrion or with Littlefinger, and that's just because they are awesome and fun to read about. I don't "hate" her I just think she's the most boring Stark there is. I know her situation is terrible and she's gone through some messed up stuff with Joffrey and what not. But all she ever does is "have tummy aches" go to the Godswood, be a good girl, and pray for someone to save her. I know not all of us can be "heroes" and that she is pretty realistic, and that if I were a girl in her situation I'd do so much worse, still I don't enjoy reading her as much as other characters. I hope she will change as a character, becoming more self-reliant and stronger in her acting. I was already so relieved to finally see her stopping this absurd belief in "the knight that will come rescue me and all will be fine" after LF killed Dontos.

And I swear, in almost EVERY Sansa chapter ( or Tyrion POV's when he's with her) she either mentions that she is "feeling fluttery in her tummy", that she has a tummy ache, that she has a small tummy and can't eat much. I wouldn't be surprised if "tummy" was the most used word of her POV's.

Because she feels like a real person, her insecurities and fears are all extremely relatable, her storyline is one without too much fantastic elements (unlike a certain sister of her's), and she's just all around a nice person without being lauded as the Messiah by the fanbase (She still has her faults).

I didn't warm up to Sansa quite as fast as Catelyn who was my favorite character during my first read but the hate lumped at Sansa (and Cat :drunk:) did kinda shock me when I joined the boards tbh.

Apologies for this slight tangent, but I was convinced I was the only one who had this experience-- she's the only one I really warmed to for most of aGoT (it changed over the course of the books and on rereads). But that's really cool!

Also, in case I didn't mention this, I think you're going to happy with the reread project we decided.

Apologies for this slight tangent, but I was convinced I was the only one who had this experience-- she's the only one I really warmed to for most of aGoT (it changed over the course of the books and on rereads). But that's really cool!

Also, in case I didn't mention this, I think you're going to happy with the reread project we decided.

Yeah Cat is still one of my favs but during my first read she was my number 1. None of the other Povs intrigued me like her.

:commie: :commie: I'm happy with any re-read from you :D. The Jon one has been amazing. Thanks in advance for doing more :)

Thanks keep it coming, I am learning a lot about others views.

I am also an Arya fan and I love that someone else is saying that yes you can like them both, they used to be level pegging in my preference but Sansa has pipped it the more I read and re read and think about them. Though I still love Arya and Bran & Brienne are up there too for me.

Jon is my #1 though. :cool4:

I'm really enjoying reading all the varied responses. I have to laugh at e-ro mistaking the title for Stannis though. one track mind young man..

Because that would be outrageous right? :D

Ha, well I have seen weirder threads. Though to be honest I think stannis appeals to both genders equally.

So cool!

You're going to do a Cat re-read? That will be really great. I'm also a Cat fan and like Mark Antony was shocked at the hatred towards her when I found the forum. Honestly, it still slightly hurts my feelings when people hate on Cat. Not sure why I feel so defensive of her, but there it is.

Yeah Cat is still one of my favs but during my first read she was my number 1. None of the other Povs intrigued me like her.

:commie: :commie: I'm happy with any re-read from you :D. The Jon one has been amazing. Thanks in advance for doing more :)

oh thank you! The Jon one is approaching the best part of his arc now (imo).

I'm really enjoying reading all the varied responses. I have to laugh at e-ro mistaking the title for Stannis though. one track mind young man..

lol, yea, it occurs to me that his wild endorsements of various Sansa threads might be nothing more than a mistake due to some sort of dyslexic reading of the titles.

You're going to do a Cat re-read? That will be really great. I'm also a Cat fan and like Mark Antony was shocked at the hatred towards her when I found the forum. Honestly, it still slightly hurts my feelings when people hate on Cat. Not sure why I feel so defensive of her, but there it is.

Actually, it's not a Cat reread. We've already got Jon, and we're going to continue with the Northern POVs-- we're looking to do Bran next (Mark Anthony had requested it not that long ago). I think we want to finish out all of the North.

oh thank you! The Jon one is approaching the best part of his arc now (imo).

lol, yea, it occurs to me that his wild endorsements of various Sansa threads might be nothing more than a mistake due to some sort of dyslexic reading of the titles.

Actually, it's not a Cat reread. We've already got Jon, and we're going to continue with the Northern POVs-- we're looking to do Bran next (Mark Anthony had requested it not that long ago). I think we want to finish out all of the North.

Huh, I'm doing that Eddard reread. Need to update it soon.

Like, I have Eddard II "finished"

Like, do you guys have a Bran reread setup or something?

I'd like to be a part of that as well.

Honestly, I never considered myself much of a Sansa fan. That said, her final chapter in ASOS is comfortably my overall favourite.

Her chapters since, in AFFC, were also really enjoyable and her story line is one of things I'm most looking forward to reading in TWOW.

So although I wouldn't call her a favourite, I have high hopes for her.

And here I am...

When I am asked "why Sansa?", I usually remind myself of the Jaime's answer on the subject: We don't choose whom we love... As someone who spent the past two years, passionately defending Sansa from every misconception out there, I realize one thing... I can relate to her. I can relate to this alone girl, who without anyone, is trying to survive in harshest possible situation. Sansa is not just a "Disney princess" archetype subverted in most unusual ways, she represents something very deep and humane in all of us. When you don't allow all the torture to change your essence, when you find the courage even though you are terrified, when you reject someone in a way that leaves no doubt to what it means, all of that represents strength in a bit unusual package.

And that is the deal, right? Have we forgotten that there are many ways to be strong, many ways to be courageous? Picking a sword and fighting certainly is one way, but there are other ways. In the time of relatively great liberties, have we forgotten that not so long ago, and perhaps even now, there are people we should empathize with. In the time of progress, have we lost the basic notion of being empathetic to a girl who is bound by society norms and unfortunately her wrong decision-making rooted in flawed system? That is what the true questions we all need to answer. To see how she grabbed the first chance she got to escape, how all the beatings didn't make her heart turn into stone, how she would rather risk her life for someone else, to see all of that is to understand Sansa. To appreciate that, to appreciate who she really is, is the way to love her. For Sansa, as strange as it sounds, is truly the very best of us. That little place in our hearts that allow us not to lose ourselves in midst of horrors of the world.

As for my male perspective, I come from nation that always appreciated mothers, sisters, and sometimes even wifes. The quote in my signature is from one of the best written pieces in my language, and it speaks about sister lamenting brother. But, as much as brother was a great hero who was cowardly killed, it is the sister that epitomes the love and strength. Naturally, it is a bit stereotypical view on women (the epoch is published in 1848.) but nonetheless, it shows true strength and ability not to move on, but to restore and continue the legacy. Yes, these women were always someone's sisters, but they remained remembered as the most beautiful symbols of our literature. And that is how in traditional patriarchal view of Westeros, Sansa is seen: "daughter of traitor, sister of rebelled lord". But, her emphasis on people wanting her, of marrying to someone who will love her, that is a step of independence. That is not so far from our own desires to be on our own, not to be only someone's child or relative. To be known, loved for us... And, you tell me, is that truly something only for the girls? Or is that something that surpasses the silly gender boundaries?

So, being Sansa fan is a job of a true man. And every man who dismisses Sansa for being the girl with interests that he can't relate to, should remember that the greatest victory is accepting different pepople and embrace them. Seeing thing behind the girl in love with prince, below the mask of courtesy armor, that is a task we should all aspire to...

Archived