Stills from Season 4

Westeros

HBO has finally released some official stills from season 4 of Game of Thrones—premiering April 6th—and there’s the usual lovely assortment of images of actors…

GameOfThrones_Oberyn-Ellaria_01.jpg

.... but for fans of the novels, perhaps the most important one is the one that features the first good look at Indira Varma as Ellaria Sand, with that character’s lover, the Dornish prince Oberyn Martell, also known as the Red Viper. There’s many more images to be found, however, totalling fifteen showing off some new costumes, hinting at some key relationships, and more (including, for that matter, the first good look at Michiel Huisman as Daario Naharis.

You can find them at our gallery.

Visit the Site!

Great, great photos. Not sold on the look of the new Daario although the acting will be an upgrade. But there are some juicy morsels here, between the shots of Tyrion & Shae, Jaime and Cersei, Tyrion and Sansa ("Hey I'm trying to be nice" / "Get away from me") and a great shot of Arya and The Hound.

Also, that shot of Oberyon and Ellaria is absolutely drop dead freaking gorgeous (as are they). Just perfect.

Great, great photos. Not sold on the look of the new Daario although the acting will be an upgrade. But there are some juicy morsels here, between the shots of Tyrion & Shae, Jaime and Cersei, Tyrion and Sansa ("Hey I'm trying to be nice" / "Get away from me") and a great shot of Arya and The Hound.

Also, that shot of Oberyon and Ellaria is absolutely drop dead freaking gorgeous (as are they). Just perfect.

Not seeing the same chemistry between the new Daario and Dany. You can't go home again, Jaime. "Get away from me," sounds like book Sansa. Arya and the Hound, now that, I'm looking forward to...

Haha Daenerys looks badass in that shot.

New Daario is an improvement.

Indira Varma looks hot as always.

Jon Snow still knows nothing.

Oh, and the fucking golden hand. Hope it's only around for a few scenes in KL and then replaced with a sling. It looks dumb.

I hate Daario in both the show and books, but even I am very "ehhh" about this new Daario. He looks too generic. At least the other one had long hair. I'd hoped they'd take this chance to make the new Daario closer to the book's appearance, or at least make him more eccentric-looking, but I guess not.

Also disapointed with no Stannis -_-

I hate Daario in both the show and books, but even I am very "ehhh" about this new Daario. He looks too generic. At least the other one had long hair. I'd hoped they'd take this chance to make the new Daario closer to the book's appearance, or at least make him more eccentric-looking, but I guess not.

Yeah, the former Daario had a bit of "eastern flare" around him but it was more about the performance than his looks so I won't judge the new one until I see him on screen.

Kudos to HBO for keeping Jon's facial scars. Didn't think they'll do that.

Archived