which husband would've cersei approved of?

Lord Warwyck

Ser Arthur Dayne's Honor, on 04 Feb 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

snapback.png

Pretty much sums it up. She thinks she wanted to marry a King and be Queen, but really she just wanted to be Queen outright-with no one else interfering or taking credit. Even Cersei's 'love' for Jaime, and her crush on Rhaegar, I think reflected her desire to *be* them.

Maybe she was a born sociopath, maybe it's just curdled resentment toward gender roles, that in her case turned incredibly toxic, but I don't think Cersei can *love* anyone. Not even her own children. (Though, show Cersei seems to at least love her kids-but even that Cersei lite version just wasn't good marriage material-as Tyrion pointed out any man who wed her, would "know a deep and singular misery.")

I think if Jamie and her were not in love and having kids, a good number of men could have pleased her. Despite my disdain for her, I think she would have made a great wife to a good man, that treated her better than Bob. Ned, just being who he is; is someone she would be very pleased with. Faithful, loyal, strong, dutiful to family. But like I said, Jamie would have to be out of picture. I know I'm going to catch hell for saying Ned and putting him with her. But I think a lot of Cersei ' madness comes from being in the situation in KL and with Bob. Some possible others; Edmure, G or W Tyrell and Robb if they were all older or her younger. Hell, even Davos.

Baelor ''Brightsmile'' Hightower? i can only think of him as the complete mr. perfect. An heir to the second richest family, very powerful, sophisticated, handsome, intelligent....the complete package.

So what do you think?

We're talking Baelor Breakwind, right?

I think if Jamie and her were not in love and having kids, a good number of men could have pleased her. Despite my disdain for her, I think she would have made a great wife to a good man, that treated her better than Bob. Ned, just being who he is; is someone she would be very pleased with. Faithful, loyal, strong, dutiful to family. But like I said, Jamie would have to be out of picture. I know I'm going to catch hell for saying Ned and putting him with her. But I think a lot of Cersei ' madness comes from being in the situation in KL and with Bob. Some possible others; Edmure, G or W Tyrell and Robb if they were all older or her younger. Hell, even Davos.

Agreed. people see Cersei through the pathologies she has developed after a lifetime putting up with an unloving abusive drunk who whored his way all around her, after being bartered into this position by a father who cared more for his legacy than her happiness.

Oberyn could have done it. He would walk in on Jaime and Cersei getting busy and hop right into bed with them without even so much as a 'by-your-leave-Your-Grace'.

Maybe someone rich, good looking, and a total pushover...Garlan Tyrell or Edmure Tully?

Ser Garlan is rich and good-looking but he knows how to deal with that kind of person and his way isn't especially gentle. He would have Cersei put to sleep the first time she ordered a massacre at a brothel or tried to burn part of the Red Keep down. It wouldn't be a lengthy marriage.

Tully might work though.

Ser Garlan is rich and good-looking but he knows how to deal with that kind of person and his way isn't especially gentle. He would have Cersei put to sleep the first time she ordered a massacre at a brothel or tried to burn part of the Red Keep down. It wouldn't be a lengthy marriage.

Tully might work though.

True, Garlan wouldn't put up with that side of her. And now that I think about it I don't think Edmure would either. He cared a great deal about his smallfolk, while Cersei thinks peasants are the human equivalent of manure

Littlefinger?

Nah, but I do theorize that Cersei is going to offer Littlefinger her hand in marriage to get him back in King's Laning exerting his influence on her behalf. I also cannot think of a more appropriate couple, two people who always destroy those who work with them.

Oberyn could have done it. He would walk in on Jaime and Cersei getting busy and hop right into bed with them without even so much as a 'by-your-leave-Your-Grace'.

LOL! But the problem there was Oberyn wasn't likely to be monogamous, (though admittedly he wasn't a drunk,) and he was also so fiery himself in temperament that he and Cersei would have been at each other's throats. He was sure to disagree with her about something and we all know she reacts to THAT....

Littlefinger?

Nah, but I do theorize that Cersei is going to offer Littlefinger her hand in marriage to get him back in King's Laning exerting his influence on her behalf. I also cannot think of a more appropriate couple, two people who always destroy those who work with them.

Ha! I don't know if LF would ever accept the offer, (though possibly he might see great new possibilities especially if Cersei bore him a child.) I must say, it would be hard to think of two people in Westeros who deserved each other more...

Agreed. people see Cersei through the pathologies she has developed after a lifetime putting up with an unloving abusive drunk who whored his way all around her, after being bartered into this position by a father who cared more for his legacy than her happiness.

Cersei was a monster before she ever heard of Robert Baratheon. At Age 9 she threw her little playmate down a well to drown because said playmate was crushing on Jaime. Tormented baby Tyrion by twisting his little penis, too. Bad as Robert was she was worse.

Cersei was a monster before she ever heard of Robert Baratheon. At Age 9 she threw her little playmate down a well to drown because said playmate was crushing on Jaime. Tormented baby Tyrion by twisting his little penis, too. Bad as Robert was she was worse.

That she did anything to her playmate is at best an unsubstantiated inference. Let's not use it as fact. I know many children who act cruelly at times as children but grow up to be good people. These things are not set in stone and the meanness of children is an open secret. If she blamed him for her mother's death it is understandable. Even today people know of elder siblings feeling terribly jealous if Mommy's affections are taken away. Tyrion took away her mother for good. It can excuse some irrational behavior at that young age.

Robert on the other hand was an abusive drunk who openly humiliated her by having bastards and whoring all her adult life (as an adult). the situations are not the same.

It's indeed a more valid point of her being the husband. In that case she would probably like Taena. She pretends to like getting fingered hard by Cersei and her nipples twisted, and she agrees to everything Cersei says and does. Cersei only puts up with people who offer her no opposition or disagreement, at least in open, so Taena is perfect. Even Cersei said she thought she was very attractive, and for Cersei to compliment another person's, let alone another woman's looks, is quite amazing.

Cersei is doomed to be discontent. Any man that's strong is too stupid. Any man that is gentle is too weak. She might have been better off if she turned out to be a lesbian then maybe Taena would have satisfied her. As it is, she's cut herself off from all options with her own lust for power.

Archived