which husband would've cersei approved of?

Lord Warwyck

LOL! But the problem there was Oberyn wasn't likely to be monogamous, (though admittedly he wasn't a drunk,) and he was also so fiery himself in temperament that he and Cersei would have been at each other's throats. He was sure to disagree with her about something and we all know she reacts to THAT....

Ha! I don't know if LF would ever accept the offer, (though possibly he might see great new possibilities especially if Cersei bore him a child.) I must say, it would be hard to think of two people in Westeros who deserved each other more...

If Cersei turned Littlefinger down to marry Sansa,I doubt she'd seriously offer her hand to him.

If Cersei turned Littlefinger down to marry Sansa,I doubt she'd seriously offer her hand to him.

Look at it this way. Cersei is down and out. Even if Robert Strong prevails and "proves" her innocence... the Small Council is now dominated by Tyrell men, she was stripped of the Regency and getting it back requires power, the rest of House Lannister has heard she is soiled goods, and finally, the Walk of Shame was such a great humiliation that it is unlikely she will ever be taken seriously as a leader again.

She needs to do something to re-exert her power. Her hand in marriage is one of the few things she can still do to bind a great lord to her cause. Petyr Baelish's lowbirth actually make him more attractive in Cersei's warped mind. She specifically filled the Small Council with lesser lords and yes men because they were not a threat to her power. Baelish combines (on paper) a great deal of power and authority (Lord of Harrenhall, Lord Paramount of the Riverlands, Lord Protector of the Vale) with humble and non-threatening birth.

Oberyn could have done it. He would walk in on Jaime and Cersei getting busy and hop right into bed with them without even so much as a 'by-your-leave-Your-Grace'.

LOL! Ellaria Sand would hop right in, as well.

Jaime might not be too keen on fooling around with Oberyn though.

I swear y'all act like Oberyn will just screw anything. Just because a man is bisexual doesn't mean he doesn't have standards.

I didn't say that he would screw anything, but I think he would sleep with his wife if he were married to her. He wouldn't want to marry Cersei for many reasons, but if he did (in my hypothetical scenario Cersei's reputation isn't that bad yet since she was never married to Robert and was never queen).

I didn't say that he would screw anything, but I think he would sleep with his wife if he were married to her. He wouldn't want to marry Cersei for many reasons, but if he did (in my hypothetical scenario Cersei's reputation isn't that bad yet since she was never married to Robert and was never queen).

Well you did also talk about him hoping into the bed with both Cersei and Jaime. That is what got from it because that is what was said.

Maybe she could be happy with Ned. She would be respected by him, he would be faithful to her, North is very big part of Seven Kingdoms and, in the worst case, she could love his children.

Or maybe Oberyn Marteli could be tame this lioness in other ways.

Maybe she could be happy with Ned. She would be respected by him, he would be faithful to her, North is very big part of Seven Kingdoms and, in the worst case, she could love his children.

Or maybe Oberyn Marteli could be tame this lioness in other ways.

Cersei had a bad, cold, and distant father, who pushed her into a marriage with an abusive drunk who was in love with another woman. This has had a major impact on her outlook. With a good man like Ned she might have become a better person. She could have made a good wife to someone devoted to her. By the times of the books she is so screwed up and cynical about everything but power that it is hard to see behind the person we see now to the person she could have been back then. if you read her POV's it seems obvious that in many respects she has never grown out of her mean girl stage. And she still dreams of her prince (Rhaegar) who was denied to her. She was denied affection in all the proper places and sought it instead in forbidden places, succumbing to the pathologies that can come with that. Being royalty can be fairly oppressive in all its ceremony even with a husband's love (cases that come to mind are Lady Di and Masako Owada_, but can be far worse without it.

Archived