The new Mountain looks rather Mountainous

NewJeffCT

6'9" is insanely tall for a human being. If you go any taller than that and you're likely to find people who suffer from gigantism who are in no shape to be body builders with any semblance of acting ability. Not to mention the camera tricks that have been used for decades to make actors like Tom Cruise and Al Pacino appear to be above average height. Let's just wait and see how he does.

6'9" is insanely tall for a human being. If you go any taller than that and you're likely to find people who suffer from gigantism who are in no shape to be body builders with any semblance of acting ability. Not to mention the camera tricks that have been used for decades to make actors like Tom Cruise and Al Pacino appear to be above average height. Let's just wait and see how he does.

They should have got the guy who played in the sherlock films...his name was Kurrgan in his wrestling days. Over 7 foot, over 350 pounds and scary as fuck. Can act well enough for whatever scenes the Mountain has to pull off. Which is mostly grunting and roaring.

I really like this guy! He's believable as someone that muscly...I sort of eyeroll at flicks were the uber tall guy is both muscled like a bull and cut like he hasn't had water in two days. I doubt ye olde warriors compared vein visibility or striations. This sweetie looks like he'd wrestle a horse to its knees.

Fortunately, he won't be in fight scenes with Rory (at least not this season or the next... if ever), so it doesn't matter.

No, no. Cleganebowl is all but confirmed. The Gravedigger of Quiet Isle shall defend the Faith against Ser Robert Strong in Cersei's trial. GET HYPE!

Well, by then he'll be re-cast to keep the non-readers on their toes.

No, no. Cleganebowl is all but confirmed. The Gravedigger of Quiet Isle shall defend the Faith against Ser Robert Strong in Cersei's trial. GET HYPE!

Hahahaha, this is great.

In any event, I agree that the new Gregor has the book Mountain's awesome terribleness.

Archived