The bloodroyal

Wmarshal

Tyrion doesn't need to think he's a blackfyre, he just has to convince Dany that he is in order to out himself in the best position to get CR for himself when it all ends.

Showing up with Sauron's army is not going to get him CR just a knife in the back when she leaves the Westerlands.

She is going to want to meet him, and the meeting is going to set the stage of their relationship. Is he going to come at her making demands, "making a claim", or is he going to be coming at her as a junior partner, or offering an equal marriage. If he tries to be overbearing or boss her around, she's not going to care who he is, legal claim or not. They're her dragons and her Army. She'll tell Aegon to take his primogeniture legal claim and shove it.

I don't think he's going to do that. I think he wants to woo her. He knows he's not going to get anywhere telling the mother of dragons and sacker of cities: "hey, you belong to me now, and the IT is mine too, give me your dragons".

I think he started out wanting to woo her, yes. But now, especially with some military victories under his belt, and the fact that he beat her to the Westerosi punch, I think he'll be much more assertive of his rights. You see this in ADWD. "Let her come to me."

Showing up with Sauron's army is not going to get him CR just a knife in the back when she leaves the Westerlands.

I don't think his plan is to kill her. I think his plan is to be invaluable to her. He fills a void in her entourage that she lacks, a skillful political player. Her problems in Mereen have been primarily due to the fact that she has no skillful political operatives on her team. As long as he serves her well, he expects to be rewarded. If he serves her well and she denies him, he will try and kill her. He kills everyone he feels has betrayed him.

I think he started out wanting to woo her, yes. But now, especially with some military victories under his belt, and the fact that he beat her to the Westerosi punch, I think he'll be much more assertive of his rights. You see this in ADWD. "Let her come to me."

If he gets too big for his britches, he's going to be sorely vexed. Nevertheless, everyone AROUND both Dany and Aegon want an alliance. Nobody wants Targ fighting Targ, except the Martells and the Lannisters and Stannis. They will press for a compromise.

I don't think his plan is to kill her. I think his plan is to be invaluable to her. He fills a void in her entourage that she lacks, a skillful political player. Her problems in Mereen have been primarily due to the fact that she has no skillful political operatives on her team. As long as he serves her well, he expects to be rewarded. If he serves her well and she denies him, he will try and kill her. He kills everyone he feels has betrayed him.

Tyrion isn't a skillful politician he is hated by all of Westeros. It serves her better to kill him. Oh and my post was how he will never be able to hold the Westerlands be it they think he killed their golden leaders.

If he gets too big for his britches, he's going to be sorely vexed. Nevertheless, everyone AROUND both Dany and Aegon want an alliance. Nobody wants Targ fighting Targ, except the Martells and the Lannisters and Stannis. They will press for a compromise.

Why he be to big for his britches? He is the one actually fighting the Lannisters and bares the superior army and claim. Daenerys is just in Cartoon land doing nothing about Westeros. If she actually tries to push Aegon out she is in the wrong.

I seen a lot of people claim that if war does spark between Dany and Aegon the Yronwoods will side with Dany. I just can't see that happening at all. It would make sense if only lord yronwood son died but Quentyn died too. Not to mention Dany in away spit on his son's death by not marrying Quentyn.

The circumstances of Quentyn's death and the context of Dany's arrival will be the deciding factor. Not some marriage pact she had absolutely no way of knowing before she became engaged to Hizdahr.

Dead sons aren't Dany's fault, making it a terrible basis to decide allegiance for a war. Maybe they will do it based on that, but it does make them idiots, as I said.

I don't think that this is what the Dorne will learn. I believe that it would be more like:

"I told him it was folly. I begged him to go home. Your bitch of a queen had no use for him, any man could see that. He crossed the world to offer her his love and fealty, and she laughed in his face."

"She never laughed," said Selmy. "If you knew her, you would know that."

"She spurned him. He offered her his heart, and she threw it back at him and went off to fuck her sellsword."

So, I am pretty sure that they will blame Dany.

Dany has dragons and is the only person with dragons. Everyone is siding with her.

The Yellow Toad and Dorne disagree.

According to Targaryen law, the same law Dany herself claims to want to follow, Aegon is the rightful king. So who's getting too big for their britches, really? Dragons are firepower, but they are not evidence of legal rights.

Dany has dragons and is the only person with dragons. Everyone is siding with her.

Wild baby dragons die easily against trained warriors. Dornishmen have no fear against them and swords of the faith lack in fear in dying is a dragons greatest weakness.

I do think that if there is a second Dance of Dragons, it will occur on a much smaller scale that the first did. Apart from the fact there are only 2 (for now) novels remaining, I don't think Westeros can really take another conflict of that scale, especially not when combined with the threat of the Others. Only the Vale and Dorne have fully in tact armies, and with food stores depleted the Lords of Westeros would be utter fools to get involved in another conflict as damaging as the Dance was....Although some of them are fools...

Wild baby dragons die easily against trained warriors. Dornishmen have no fear against them and swords of the faith lack in fear in dying is a dragons greatest weakness.

I just wanted to note that the Dornishmen didn't feared an ancient, powerful, trained and huge Meraxes and not only they didn't feared her but they also killed her along with her rider. I highly doubt they will fear the baby trio.

Tyrion isn't a skillful politician he is hated by all of Westeros. It serves her better to kill him. Oh and my post was how he will never be able to hold the Westerlands be it they think he killed their golden leaders

He's not hated by ALL of Westeros. I think his brother still likes him :)

He is a good politician. He survived being Hand of the King while his sister was trying to kill him and Stannis was bearing an Army down on him. He is the ONLY hand of the King not to be murdered since, who? Jon Connington?

He can hold the Westerlands easy with Dany backing him. That's why he needs her.

Why he be to big for his britches? He is the one actually fighting the Lannisters and bares the superior army and claim. Daenerys is just in Cartoon land doing nothing about Westeros. If she actually tries to push Aegon out she is in the wrong.

He needs Dany. If he thinks that he is now her equal, then he's wrong. She has the dragons. They seem to be big enough.

Targ law is somewhat flexible when it comes to these things. In the end, when it comes to Kings, might makes right. THAT is the law. That is what these Kingdoms are based on. They're not constitutional monarchies with social contracts.

Dany is not going to play second fiddle to someone.

Targ law is somewhat flexible when it comes to these things. In the end, when it comes to Kings, might makes right. THAT is the law. That is what these Kingdoms are based on. They're not constitutional monarchies with social contracts.

In which case Robert and the Baratheons are the new dynasty fair and square and Dany should just shut the fuck about her rights, yes?

I just want to be clear, because I think there's a weird double standard going on here (not you, necessarily, but in a lot of people). Dany's dragons give her all the rights she needs, but Robert, who also relied on superior military might, was an awful unlawful usurper. Something has to give here.

He's not hated by ALL of Westeros. I think his brother still likes him :)

He is a good politician. He survived being Hand of the King while his sister was trying to kill him and Stannis was bearing an Army down on him. He is the ONLY hand of the King not to be murdered since, who? Jon Connington?

He can hold the Westerlands easy with Dany backing him. That's why he needs her.

He needs Dany. If he thinks that he is now her equal, then he's wrong. She has the dragons. They seem to be big enough.

It does not take much to out smart Cersei and he only survived because Martin wanted him to. He should been killed by Moore. He sucks at being a politician because he can't hold his tongue in his mouth. Do think Dany's is just going to sit in the Westerlands. She will leave and lords that hate him will gut him because no man in the west will defend him. Targ law is not flexible women can't inherit before any male candidate. By Targ an Andal law Aegon is king. I can't see Dany winning, her forces are basically the extras to cartoon villains.

In which case Robert and the Baratheons are the new dynasty fair and square and Dany should just shut the fuck about her rights, yes?

I just want to be clear, because I think there's a weird double standard going on here (not you, necessarily, but in a lot of people). Dany's dragons give her all the rights she needs, but Robert, who also relied on superior military might, was an awful unlawful usurper. Something has to give here.

LOL. I'll straighten it up for you. The OTHER guy, that's the usurper. LOL.

I have no problem with Robert. I have no problem with Dany. That's how Kings and Queens are made. They use swords, not law books.

It does not take much to out smart Cersei and he only survived because Martin wanted him to. He should been killed by Moore. He sucks at being a politician because he can't hold his tongue in his mouth. Do think Dany's is just going to sit in the Westerlands. She will leave and lords that hate him will gut him because no man in the west will defend him. Targ law is not flexible women can't inherit before any male candidate. By Targ an Andal law Aegon is king. I can't see Dany winning, her forces are basically the extras to cartoon villains.

He only survived because Martin wanted him to? LOL. What? Nothing happens in the book without Martin wanting it.

Dany doesn't need to sit in the Westerlands. All she needs to do is Castamere the first lord who tries to rebel against Tyrion.

Tyrion isn't going to have a lot of trouble holding the Westerlands anyways after the ice zombie apocalypse, if he even survives. Everybody is going to be happy to just be alive. They won't care who is the King or Queen or Lord of Casterly Rock.

Archived