Favorite Fantasy Characters

starving snowman

I'd like to give a non-genre fiction shoutout to "Half-Cocked" Jack Shaftoe from Neal Stephenson's Baroque cycle. He narrowly beats out his descendant, Marine Raider Bobby Shaftoe, from Cryptonomicon.

There is always a warm place in my heart for Strider.

And I loved the tragic nature of Boromir.

Han Solo is and always will be the bomb! And Yoda's the shiiit.

Tanis Half-Elven was a character I always admired and liked reading while I often grew tired of Raistlin...we get it he's sickly and sees people dying.

I don't think I have a FAVORITE in ASoIaF character.

When I was much younger, in fact pretty much when I first started reading fantasy books, I did like Raistlin Majere a lot. Amongst a bunch of cookie cutter characters in those books he stood out.

Elric of Melnibone from Moorcock's books is another favourite.

I like almost all of the characters in ASOIAF. I may not like them as people, but I find pretty much all of them fascinating. Especially ones like Jaime and the Red Viper of course.

I totally agree about Ser Camaris from Memory, Sorrow and Thorn.

I like many of the characters in Hobb's books (basically Fitz, Burrich, Chade and the Fool) that I could pretty much read about them not actually doing very much, just living, and it would still be interesting to me.

Who was Mark? I loved those books (should have added Derfel to my list and I loved his portrayal of Lancelot) but I don't recall Mark.

Sorry, it was a type o on my part, I meant his son Tristan--and obviously Isolde. Mark was his father, I think, at least in other Arthurian myths. I must have just had the name stuck in my head for some reason.

I'll give a nod to Raistlin and Drzzt D'Urden, although I haven't read about those characters in some time.

All in all my favorie may be Robert E. Howards King Kull. A bit like Conan, but with more depth.

I won't name any ASoIaF because the characters are too numerous.

I'll give a nod to Raistlin and Drzzt D'Urden, although I haven't read about those characters in some time.

I think, while I enjoyed Raistlin's character, I think I got more out of Kitiara, Tanis, Dalamar and Lord Soth...

Aragorn (Baddest ranger/ paladin ever)

Jodah, ( From the Best of the Magic: The Gathering Novels)

Urza and Mishra ( Agian fromg Jeff Grubb a simple case of sibling rivalry destroys the world)

Emperor Toturi the First( from Legend of the Five Rings, Best Emperor Ever)

Bayushi Shoju(again L5r sacrificed all that he had for the good of the empire)

Perrin Aybarra( Screw you that naysay)

Jaime Lannister( The Magnificent Bastard that he is)

Archived