which POV chapter are you most eager to read in Winds of winter?

Lord Warwyck

Jon is my first and foremost concern. That badass cliffhanger ending, his status as LC and NW member. The mystery of his parentage needs to be revealed.

After that? Theon! A lot hangs on him right now. He's in the middle of a great many things he can reveal to characters and the reader if he survives long enough. Davos! Will he make a dramatic entrance with an heir to Winterfell?

1. Davos.....really want to see Skagos and if Rickon has some sort of warg/greenseer ability.

2. Arya........the shock when Izembaro is someone the readers know.

3.Victarion...the horn, the battle, the dragons, his fate. His perspective sailing into Merreen should be great.

I have many that I love, but right now its Bran. I imagine some of the biggest mysteries in the series are gonna start to be answered in Bran's chapters as his ability to use the weirnet grows. Also I imagine the first thing I do before I read a single page is scan the names of the chapters looking for Jon. In my heart, im like 99% sure he's not dead, at least not in a permanent sense, but I have to know for sure before I start.

I'm interested in Bran's arc. Last we saw him, he could see past, present, and perhaps future through the Wierwood trees across the realm. It will be interesting to see how he manages to impact events yet to unfold. Plus, what becomes of Hodor, Meera, and Jojen?

Sansa's arc seems ripe for some treachery. I marvel at Littlefinger's talent for twisting a situation into his favor, but I wonder what his plan is for Sansa and whether she'll want to go along. Maybe she'll beat him at his own game at some point and become a master manipulator in her own right.

Of course, I want to see Arya's progress. She's been one of my favorite characters from day one. That skeptical, "why are we doing things this way?" outlook she has on life in general resonates with me. Plus, she's kind of becoming a ninja.

A story element I would love to see is for two of the Starks to somehow be re-united. I don't normally do sappy, but that would be a very satisfying moment.

Jon - duh.

Tyrion - I want to see how his scheme near the end of ADWD will play out. To me, it was a bit unclear what he was up to, so I'd like to see if it'll pan out how he likes.

Sansa - I actually began to enjoy her chapters in AFFC, and I'm curious about her "controversial" chapter.

Arya - I'd love to see her get back to Westeros on a mission for the FM.

Sansa - Her story quickly became much more important. When she was in King's Landing, she was forced to act the part of a stupid little fool, now that she's free, it's about time that she tested her strengths and the new boundaries. Plus through Sansa we get to learn about Littlefinger's plans, which I personally find really interesting.

Jon - Urgh, Jon's cliffhanger is killing me! I'm desperate to find out if he survives and if he does what part he ends up playing in the war against the Others. Plus we still have to find out who his parents are! Jon has always been my favourite character and I think that in the end, he's going to be the 'key' to winning the Iron Throne. (ifhedoesn'tsitonithimself)

Jamie - To end his cliffhanger and start kicking some serious ass again. I think Jamie's chapters are a great read, I'm enjoying where his storying is heading. I think Jamie is still on his path of redemption, I honestly don't think he's completed his 'change' yet. Yes, he's a much more honourable character than what he was before however I feel that his story has a long way to go still. I really hope he survives.

Arya - Go back to Westeros girl! Kill some Freys or something. I wonder if her training will end up playing a larger part within the wars of Westeros/against the Others or if Arya will keep to herself and only kill for revenge on those who have wronged her or her family...

Theon - Personally I'm under the opinion that he's still got a huge role to play. I doubt Theon will be killed off straight away, in fact he may survive the series.

Dany - It's about time she reached Westeros with her dragons. If she wants the Iron Throne so badly, she has to leave Meereen to conquer the seven kingdoms.

Sam - I love the fat coward. Sam the Slayer!

Jaime-His chapters are always excellent anyway but his confrontation with LS should be entertaining presuming it does happen. Hopefully he'll get out alive, but it'll be some fairly intense chapters if he's lured into her trap.

Davos-Looking forward to seeing Skagos and what's been going down there. I reckon we'll get a good surprise when we realise Skagos isn't half as bad as it's made out to be, many of the residents have Stark loyalties now, and Rickon is safe and well.

Bran-Seeing his greenseeing abilities grow and his interactions with Bloodraven will be interesting. I want to see how much he's able to do and how far he's able to go, so his chapters could be very interesting. I just hope he has more than 3/4 like the last couple of books.

Bran - His last chapter in DwD had a very sinister quality to it, I'd like to know what's really going on with the three eyed crow. It also seems likely we'll learn more about Westeros history and the Others in these chapters.

Jaime - I have a bad feeling that either Jaime or Brienne are going to bite the dust in WoW, which would destroy me and I hope GRRM surprises me...but then this is GRRM we're talking about...

Barristan - The released chapters have only whetted my appetite for more of Ser Grandfather, definitely hope he survives the coming battle.

Melisandre - With Jon in his current condition, Melisandre is the only POV we have at the wall which means she has suddenly become very important. If any of these four characters get the first chapter in WoW, I would be very happy

Most eager to read Cersei! What's up in KL? Plus, I like her insane personality.

Also curious about:

• Arya: do we know Izembaro?
  • Sansa: get in the game already!
  • Davos: because I like him.
  • Tyrion: same here.

POV's at the Wall... Not so much... POV close to Wyman Manderly or Barbrey Dustin... Very much!

Sam and Sansa are the two characters who's storylines I'm having the toughest time predicting, so I'm definitely interested to see where they go. Also, we haven't seen either of them since Feast.

Jamie and Brienne are two of my three favorite POV characters and given their massive cliffhanger, I'm definitely anticipating that. Also looking forward to Daenerys in the hope that she gets the show on the road as soon as possible.

Archived