Daemon Blackfyre Opinions

Tyrion Hand of the King

I was wondering what people's opinions of Daemon Backfyre were. It is easy to see him as a bad guy. Afterall, he lead a rebellion against the crown and his own brothers. However, after reading that he had his men tend to Gwayne Corbray's wounds after defeating him in a duel, I wondered if he was a more chivalrous man than I had originally thought. I know there isn't a ton of information on him, but what opinions do you guys have on Daemon Blackfyre as a PERSON? (I understand he was an extraordinary warrior)

Having his men tending to Gwayne Corbray doesn't overweigh the death of at least 99999 other people in this battle alone. Plus, hadn't he already blinded Corbray in the duel before he spared his life?

We dont have really that much information on him....however, since he was able to gain the support of half the nobility of Westeros I guess he did something right. We see that he was somewhat honourable yet the fact is that he fought against the legitimate king to crown himself king...so at the moment he seems a very grey character

I was wondering what people's opinions of Daemon Backfyre were. It is easy to see him as a bad guy. Afterall, he lead a rebellion against the crown and his own brothers. However, after reading that he had his men tend to Gwayne Corbray's wounds after defeating him in a duel, I wondered if he was a more chivalrous man than I had originally thought. I know there isn't a ton of information on him, but what opinions do you guys have on Daemon Blackfyre as a PERSON? (I understand he was an extraordinary warrior)

What book is he in? I just finished the hedge knight and am finishing tPatQ today?

Uppity meathead. He could have been virtually anything in Daeron's government: Kingsguard commander, master of ships, even Hand. Daeron was not the sort to hold Daemon's status or parentage against him. He treated Bloodraven very well.

Put another way, nothing about Daeron makes me think it was worth thousands of men dying for him to be king.

Since he lost, you can be sure his history was recorded on a more "vilaineous" way. He declared Daeron to be a bastard of a kingsguard and his father gaves him the Targ sword. To me this is Stannis history but with the addition of Robert loving him more than Joffrey.

Uppity meathead. He could have been virtually anything in Daeron's government: Kingsguard commander, master of ships, even Hand. Daeron was not the sort to hold Daemon's status or parentage against him. He treated Bloodraven very well.

Could he, really? Bloodraven had merits. So did the others Daeron elevated that we know of - Baelor, Maekar, possibly Elaena Targaryen (if we take it that Daeron was the king she was the real Master of Coin for). In other words, they all worked. Daemon strikes me more like someone who was expecting to have the world handed to him on a golden plate because he was charming, he could give first class stabs with his sword and oh, because he had a fancy blade.

All we can say is that under Daeron, he had a chance to achieve much.

Could he, really? Bloodraven had merits. So did the others Daeron elevated that we know of - Baelor, Maekar, possibly Elaena Targaryen (if we take it that Daeron was the king she was the real Master of Coin for). In other words, they all worked. Daemon strikes me more like someone who was expecting to have the world handed to him on a golden plate because he was charming, he could give first class stabs with his sword and oh, because he had a fancy blade.

All we can say is that under Daeron, he had a chance to achieve much.

Say what you will of Daemon but he was a master at arms in his fashion.

Say what you will of Daemon but he was a master at arms in his fashion.

So was Gregor Clegane. Not saying much. Daeron most certainly would not make him Lord Commander. It's Daemon's ability to make use of his talents for something other than himself that I'm discussing.

So was Gregor Clegane. Not saying much. Daeron most certainly would not make him Lord Commander. It's Daemon's ability to make use of his talents for something other than himself that I'm discussing.

Yea, I can totally see Gregor stopping a fight and letting his maester tend to his opponents' wounds. Terrible analogy.

Archived