Fantasy Baseball 2014

Whiskeyjack

I'm thinking about maybe running a fantasy baseball league again this year. Would have the same setup as the league from a couple of years ago (10 team, roto, expanded lineups, 6x6 categories). Wanted to see if there's enough interest to get 10 teams.

As of right now, I know Jaime would play. Anybody else?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I'm new to posting on these forums but I've been lurking for a few years now. I'm a huge baseball fan and I figured there might be a few others on this board as well!

For those who are interested, I'm running a Game of Thrones/ASoIaF based Fantasy Baseball league this year. We could really use other COMMITTED baseball/GoT fans to play with! If you're interested, message me with your email and your desired division/name. It's completely free and the only prize is bragging rights, but we plan to have a good deal of fun with this.

Here's what we have currently...

Westeros Division:

Frostfang White Walkers
Iron Islands Golden Kraken
Riverrun Marlins
OPEN
OPEN

Essos Division:
Braavosi Braavos
OPEN
OPEN
OPEN
OPEN

And here's some name ideas if you're fresh out...

Westeros:

Castle Black Ravens
Bear Island Grizzlies
Winterfell Direwolves
Eyrie Falcons
Riverland Twins
Harrenhal Ghouls
Casterly Rock Golden Lions
Lannisport Nuggets
King's Landing Wildfire
Highgarden Thorns
Storm's End Stags
Oldtown Towers
Sunspear Reds
Summer Isles Archers

Essos:

Pentos Clippers
Volantis Elephants
Lys Venom
Qohor Forest
Valyria Dragons
Qarth Warlocks
Astapor Unsullied
Vaes Dothrak Stallions
Asshai Shadows

Try not to pick any names that would spoil further events in the series as I'm only halfway through ASoS and my friends haven't gotten into the books yet. I look forward to posting on these forums moving forward and perhaps making a few friends through this league as well! :)

I've never played any fantasy sports before, so this should be amusing. I expect to accidentally forget to draft a few positions and then everyone I do draft will get injured in April, leaving me with a team of all relief pitchers and no one else, and then WJ will convince me that shooting myself in the foot is the best option. (That's why you recruited me, right? <_<)

Looks like somebody combined this thread with another one.

Just to be clear, here are the people signed up for the league I'm running -

Whiskeyjack

Jaime

Naz

Fuentez

Mister OJ

Kat

Archmaester Philip

There are 3 spots still open. Oriolesmagic - if you'd like to join, let me know.

I've never played any fantasy sports before, so this should be amusing. I expect to accidentally forget to draft a few positions and then everyone I do draft will get injured in April, leaving me with a team of all relief pitchers and no one else, and then WJ will convince me that shooting myself in the foot is the best option. (That's why you recruited me, right? <_<)

I almost had that problem last season, the other ASOIAF fantasy league I'm in was 20 teams and three weeks into the season half my team was hurt and there was nobody left to replace them with.

Will I be kicked out again if I don't do anything to my team the first couple months of the season? That was a big turn off last year, sitting back watching and checking on my team once a week or so (but not really doing much), and then one day discovered I'd been kicked out by the league admin, I'm guessing for inactivity.

Will I be kicked out again if I don't do anything to my team the first couple months of the season? That was a big turn off last year, sitting back watching and checking on my team once a week or so (but not really doing much), and then one day discovered I'd been kicked out by the league admin, I'm guessing for inactivity.

That wasn't my league and I didn't play last year, so no clue what happened.

I can say that you're welcome to join the league I'm running. I prefer if people stay active, because it makes things more fun. But nobody will be kicked out midseason or anything.

Were you in the 20 team head to head league last year?

Archived