Naz

Fuentez

Mister OJ

Kat

Archmaester Philip

Zar

Bronn

Mexal

I'll post tomorrow with some possible draft dates, so we can coordinate something that works for everyone. I'd like to have this be an auction draft, so its best if everybody can be online for it.

Sorry, for not responding Whiskeyjack, it wouldn't have been fair to the other player's in my league to just abandon them. For others who are interested in joining a league, since Whiskeyjack's is now full, you are free to join mine! I'd like to have the draft on March 15th so the sooner you get in touch with me, the better!

P.S. My league is being done through ESPN so you can have your own logo for your team which is neat, but it may possibily play into your name decision so keep that in mind! :)

Out of town 3/13-16 (probably no internet access except my phone) and 3/29-4/6. Although the latter is kind of late anyway. But I forgot to mention that previous trip because I'm trying to forget the part where I volunteered to chaperone an overnight field trip and stay in hostels.

Totally going to try to do some research now.

Here's a list of possible draft dates. Please let me know if any of these don't work for you. On weeknights, we'd probably start around 7 or 8 p.m. central time. On a weekend, any time could work.

Saturday March 8

Sunday March 9

Monday March 10

Tuesday March 11

Wednesday March 12

Monday March 17

Tuesday March 18

Wednesday March 19

Thursday March 20

Friday March 21

Saturday March 22

Sunday March 23

Monday March 24

Tuesday March 25

Wednesday March 26

Thursday March 27

Friday March 28

The first games are March 22, but its only a couple of games between the Dodgers and Diamondbacks, so I don't think we have to rush to get the draft done before then. I think Yahoo will just let us count the stats retroactively. The real opening night is March 30th.

Personally, I'd lean toward a later draft in the range of March 17 to March 28, if possible.

I can do most nights that aren't Friday, Saturday or Tuesday. Sunday evening is OK. The 23rd would be a good day for me. How long do these things typically last?

I can do most nights that aren't Friday, Saturday or Tuesday. Sunday evening is OK. The 23rd would be a good day for me. How long do these things typically last?

About 3 hours for an auction draft. It takes awhile towards the end.

I have a bit of an issue in that I'm, uh, halfway around the world from most of you. I'm generally free in the evenings, India time, which translates to early mornings in the US, which doesn't work, I think.

I don't mind getting up early one morning, if you decide to do it on a weeknight. So, if the draft is from, say, 7pm-10pm EDT, then that would be 5:30am-8:30am for me, which I can manage. The last few rounds might be robo-drafted since I'd have to get ready for work. If you start at 8pm CDT, then that might be too late. Unless it's a weekend.

One other option is to have my brother draft for me (he's in New York). I'd have to check with him, once you decide on a date.

I have a bit of an issue in that I'm, uh, halfway around the world from most of you. I'm generally free in the evenings, India time, which translates to early mornings in the US, which doesn't work, I think.

I don't mind getting up early one morning, if you decide to do it on a weeknight. So, if the draft is from, say, 7pm-10pm EDT, then that would be 5:30am-8:30am for me, which I can manage. The last few rounds might be robo-drafted since I'd have to get ready for work. If you start at 8pm CDT, then that might be too late. Unless it's a weekend.

One other option is to have my brother draft for me (he's in New York). I'd have to check with him, once you decide on a date.

No problem naz, we'll figure it out. It sounds like a weeknight starting at 7 p.m. central might work? Plus you guys get the added bonus of my kids distracting me while I'm trying to draft, since that's usually the time I'm putting them to bed.

So this is an auction draft? Cool. It's been years since I did one of those.

Yeah, auction drafts are the best. Gives people the most flexibility in building a team.

A weeknight around 7 (central) would work for me.

Since it's an auction, will we just set up a chat room somewhere? The only auction drafts I've done before were all back in the dark ages (pre-Internet) and we usually sat around a big table at the local barbecue joint.

A weeknight around 7 (central) would work for me.

Since it's an auction, will we just set up a chat room somewhere? The only auction drafts I've done before were all back in the dark ages (pre-Internet) and we usually sat around a big table at the local barbecue joint.

The league will be on Yahoo, and they have a pretty good auction draft service.

Archived