Fantasy Baseball 2014

Whiskeyjack

So about the maximum games per position.

Is the number set correctly for pitchers? Right now, it's tell me that if I keep going at the current pace, I am going to be well over the total number of games for my pitchers. But, I haven't really made any changes where I am rotating a bunch of guys in and out of those spots just to pick up more starts. Do you other folks numbers for pitchers look out of whack too?

So about the maximum games per position.

Is the number set correctly for pitchers? Right now, it's tell me that if I keep going at the current pace, I am going to be well over the total number of games for my pitchers. But, I haven't really made any changes where I am rotating a bunch of guys in and out of those spots just to pick up more starts. Do you other folks numbers for pitchers look out of whack too?

For pitchers, the number is innings, not games. And yeah, its correct. Your pitchers have totaled 157 innings, which is 3rd highest in the league (you can see the totals under full standings, which is an option if you click on "current standings" on the main league page). If you keep up that same pace, you'll end up reaching the innings limit early.

For pitchers, the number is innings, not games. And yeah, its correct. Your pitchers have totaled 157 innings, which is 3rd highest in the league (you can see the totals under full standings, which is an option if you click on "current standings" on the main league page). If you keep up that same pace, you'll end up reaching the innings limit early.

It all balances out as it goes on since there always seems to be injuries, ect. But it is something to be aware of when choosing your starts. I don't worry about it early but come midseason, I try to balance it out a bit.

I have a lot of good pitching (closers too), some with serious upside. Looking to trade for some hitting if anyone needs.

Curse you time zone!

I go on the site at 5:45 AM to see if Springer is still out there and someone else was able to grab him in a leisurely fashion at 8AM, an hour before me because of this Earth rotation thing.

And no, I don't want to trade for him.

On the innings limit. We used to have one fewer SP slot and most people ended up well short of the limit. This way, even inattentive owners come close. Treat your SP6 and SP7 slots as mostly bench slots in which you can throw a guy with a good matchup.

Curse you time zone!

I go on the site at 5:45 AM to see if Springer is still out there and someone else was able to grab him in a leisurely fashion at 8AM, an hour before me because of this Earth rotation thing.

And no, I don't want to trade for him.

Your time zone should have actually been a benefit, because I think the callup was announced last night at 11:30 central. I was asleep and didn't see it until this morning.

And no worries.....not looking to trade him away. :drool:

Trade with Kat and I.

I give up Prado, Peavy, Archer, Santos and she gives up Bruce.

I really didn't want to give up Prado once Colhoun hit the DL but I forgot I had included it in the offer. Ooops. Regardless, I'm banking on Bruce turning it around and I could use some more power in my line up despite my start. I actually really like Archer and Peavy but with Fister and Iwakuma coming off the DL in a few weeks, thought it'd be good to turn some of the pitching into some power before I'm forced to worry about how everyone fits.

Think the deal works for Kat as well. Gives her a pretty good staff and should net some points quickly.

And no worries.....not looking to trade him away. :drool:

Informal BwB gathering in Oakland. Had a beer with Kat (and others). Then when she went home sensibly, I had a beer a beer and a beer with BL and Cuellar and a few others. Lost Springer, but may have still ended up ahead. But Kat and I did curse the Fates over this league.

Trade with Kat and I.

I give up Prado, Peavy, Archer, Santos and she gives up Bruce.

I really didn't want to give up Prado once Colhoun hit the DL but I forgot I had included it in the offer. Ooops. Regardless, I'm banking on Bruce turning it around and I could use some more power in my line up despite my start. I actually really like Archer and Peavy but with Fister and Iwakuma coming off the DL in a few weeks, thought it'd be good to turn some of the pitching into some power before I'm forced to worry about how everyone fits.

Think the deal works for Kat as well. Gives her a pretty good staff and should net some points quickly.

Hypocrisy Alert!

Upon reflection (and I HATE that), I realize I'd be stomping my feet more loudly if this trade were WJ and Kat. It's a bad trade. Bruce for recyclables. But in recent years my pattern has been to grumble but not object unless someone else does.

I stand by the pattern.

Good deal for Mexal. Rough trade for Kat.

But she already had good pitching, even after the Cobb injury. Her problem was power. Even bigger problem now.

Hypocrisy Alert!

Upon reflection (and I HATE that), I realize I'd be stomping my feet more loudly if this trade were WJ and Kat.

Quoted for truth.

But she already had good pitching, even after the Cobb injury. Her problem was power. Even bigger problem now.

You know how I feel about her pitching and I don't really agree. Really think she'll get more points from adding those three pitchers than she would from sticking with Bruce.

You know how I feel about her pitching and I don't really agree. Really think she'll get more points from adding those three pitchers than she would from sticking with Bruce.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree there. My projections had Kat with the best pitching in the league. And the 2nd worst offense (including 2nd worst in HR).

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree there. My projections had Kat with the best pitching in the league. And the 2nd worst offense (including 2nd worst in HR).

I know, but you're more bullish on some players than I am. I guess we'll see how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived