The show`s treatment of Rhaegar. (Book Spoilers)

Takiedevushkikakzvezdy

The Tower of Joy. Oh my god, if that isn't such a big hint that was the love shack. GRRM does likey the phallic symbols.

:lol:

I think they could have done more to distinguish the fact that only Robert really views Rhaegar with complete disdain, he was loved by everyone else (a fact some of ya'll love to argue against).

"What Rhaegar did to your sister, the woman I loved" is kinda the lasting impression you get of Rhaegar until Barristan says some good things about him in season 3.

Cersei remembers Rhaegar fondly once she gets a POV, the only problem is, they don't do people remembering each other on the show. All they have to do is have her talk to someone, just say something about him, it doesn't even have to be obvious, just enough for the audience to pick it up. "The wrong man came back from the Trident."

Its obvi not a stretch to believe he played his harp for her in the ToJ, but the theme song bit was an original idea I had, if others had the same thought all the better. The house of undying bit moreso implies he's actually talking to Elia after he learns she's barren. & no, I haven't watched the Simpsons since the 1990s when it was actually cool.

I dont think their mentioning of Rhaegar was enough for the TV viewers to remember who he is.

I also read some replies mentioning Oberyn's story will be revealed in season 4. Regarding that they have a lot of explaining to do. TV viewers dont know about:

-Elia:

-The sack of KL and why it happened (mistake of opening the gates)

-Tywin commands the mountain to commit his horrendous crimes

-I bet most forgot who The Mountain is

I dont think their mentioning of Rhaegar was enough for the TV viewers to remember who he is.

I also read some replies mentioning Oberyn's story will be revealed in season 4. Regarding that they have a lot of explaining to do. TV viewers dont know about:

-Elia:

Jaime mentioned the Sack in the bathtub scene, along with Varys being against opening the gates.

If they show S1 Mountain in a Previously On... section and make sure everyone knows he's Sandor's brother and show him doing some Mountainy things they'll remember.

The rest isn't too difficult to bring up.

-Elia:

Agree. There is so much going on on screen that it is hard to keep up with the living characters, let alone remember the dead ones, which I think is one of the reasons why GRRM was against the adaption in the beginning.

I hope so. And someone really needs to mention his hotness. Not just being funny here, it was part of his appeal, for sure. The sad poet, but also quite the looker.

When she had been presented to him, Cersei had almost drowned in the depths of his sad purple eyes. He has been wounded, she recalled thinking, but I will mend his hurt when we are wed. Next to Rhaegar, even her beautiful Jaime had seemed no more than a callow boy.

What are the chances we'll see any flashbacks through Bran and the Weirnet? I know the show has shied away from flashbacks so far, and there are issues of hiring even more actors for flashbacks, but it might work. Bran will be caught up with the books by the end of this season, and I can't imagine what else they might do with him throughout season 5. There's also the scene in the trailer with a dragon flying over King's Landing, that has to be some sort of vision, so maybe getting a bit more abstract with the narrative from here on out.

-Elia:

I think this upcoming season will heavily reference Rhaegar, the sack etc. There is plenty of time for this.

As for the Mountain, if viewers don't remember who he is the fault lies with them, not the show runners. The show has made it abundantly clear on many occasions who he is, even with the recasts. He was mentioned in just about every episode last season.

There's also the scene in the trailer with a dragon flying over King's Landing, that has to be some sort of vision, so maybe getting a bit more abstract with the narrative from here on out.

Or it might just be one of those scenes producers put into trailers to bait the masses, but that doesn't actually appear in the movie/series itself at all.

That would be nice to get some of this via Bran, especially since he's allowed to have dreams and visions on the show. Now, who can play Rhaegar...

Can they find anyone handsome enough to do him justice?

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/thumb/1/13/MiguelRegod%C3%B3nHarkness_Rhaegar_Targaryen.jpg/320px-MiguelRegod%C3%B3nHarkness_Rhaegar_Targaryen.jpg

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/profile/photo-83083.gif?_r=1391403823

"Rhaegar looked so beautiful he was surreal" - said everyone who ever saw him.

What are the chances we'll see any flashbacks through Bran and the Weirnet? I know the show has shied away from flashbacks so far, and there are issues of hiring even more actors for flashbacks, but it might work. Bran will be caught up with the books by the end of this season, and I can't imagine what else they might do with him throughout season 5. There's also the scene in the trailer with a dragon flying over King's Landing, that has to be some sort of vision, so maybe getting a bit more abstract with the narrative from here on out.

They practically have to do Bran`s vision scene, since it`s a demonstration of his powers. A shame that Rhaegar doesnt appear in them, though...

Season 5, my friend. They'll have a whole season arc for Bran to fill up with one chapter- my guess is that they will add a lot of background info through Bloodraven. Hopefully we'll get some flashback clips. I also think we'll be hearing more about the PTWP/AA that season.

That would be nice to get some of this via Bran, especially since he's allowed to have dreams and visions on the show. Now, who can play Rhaegar...

You know what could be cool? If they deliver the backstory in an artistic piece of CGI. Did you watch the last Harry Potter? Remember the clip that explained the Deathly Hallows? That would be pretty awesome IMO.

Archived