who will be the first to capture kings landing?

reek greyjoy

I'm going with Aegon, too. He's near the city, and Varys has the means to see to it that the gates are open for him and the GC.

He'll hold the city, but not for long-even if he's really Rhaegar's son, Dany's on her way, and frankly, Aegon is not a genius commander-or the great prince that Varys thought he'd been preparing the boy to be.

Really Varys is going to be sooooo disappointed there.

After that my best guess is KL will have the IB knocking at their doors, before Dany gets there.

I'm going with Aegon, too. He's near the city, and Varys has the means to see to it that the gates are open for him and the GC.

He'll hold the city, but not for long-even if he's really Rhaegar's son, Dany's on her way, and frankly, Aegon is not a genius commander-or the great prince that Varys thought he'd been preparing the boy to be.

Really Varys is going to be sooooo disappointed there.

After that my best guess is KL will have the IB knocking at their doors, before Dany gets there.

How do we know Aegon isn't a genius commander? Or a great prince? Tyrion comments that he is skilled at cyvasse, and he's inspiring loyalty in his men very quickly.

On topic I think Euron will get there 1st. I have a feeling that Varys wants the Tyrell and their orc like numbers gone before Aegon attacks the capital. I also think Dorne is going to convince Aegon to make a pit stop at CR.

I don't think Aegon will take KL, nor will Dany, or any of the other contenders. I think Dany will invade and start te second Dance of Dragons before he can take KL. I think the capture of KL will fall to Jon after deals with the Others.

How do we know Aegon isn't a genius commander? Or a great prince? Tyrion comments that he is skilled at cyvasse,

Tyrion doesn't say that Aegon is skilled at cyvasse, but the opposite, a young man's formation as bold as it is foolish. He risks all the for the quick kill.

On topic I think Euron will get there 1st. I have a feeling that Varys wants the Tyrell and their orc like numbers gone before Aegon attacks the capital. I also think Dorne is going to convince Aegon to make a pit stop at CR.

How will Euron do that with the Redwyne fleet blocking his path, and Mace's army in KL? Cersei will likely keep an army in KL during this time. I don't think Dorne will have Aegon go for CR, nor will he, given they would have to fight through Lannister territory with strong castles like Crakehall when Aegon could gather more swords in the Reach, and take CR after he has taken KL.

Aegon. The odds are with him. The Faith could declare for Aegon, the Tyrells could jump ship in his favor, Varys could create some diversion or open some gate or something, and Aurane Waters could pull a Trojan Horse with his ships

The Tyrells couldn't jump ship to him as Margaery is still married to Tommen, and the Tyrells value their word more than all the gold in CR according to the QoT. The Tyrells also already have much of what they want under Tommen; Mace is the Hand, the council if mostly Tyrell and Margaery is the Queen Consort.

The Tyrells couldn't jump ship to him as Margaery is still married to Tommen, and the Tyrells value their word more than all the gold in CR according to the QoT. The Tyrells also already have much of what they want under Tommen; Mace is the Hand, the council if mostly Tyrell and Margaery is the Queen Consort.

The Tyrells killed their king in his wedding, I don't see how that's keeping their word. And I agree that it might take a lot to make them lose their grip on the IT, but an Ironborn attack on their lands, an invasion of the Golden Company with a Targ, an umpredictable zealot leading his own army of fanatics, some bannermen possibly turning cloaks, and a possibly unhinged Cersei could be enough to make them reconsider a few things. I for one think the situation will worsen for them and they will go back to Highgarden to defend their lands and they will sit out the Dance. They were the kingmakers and the decisive factor in the Wot5K, so it would make sense from a narrative POV to bring other players into the fold to take their place

Would Aegon try to do what Stannis is doing in the North? Save the realm first to win the throne? The Tyrell army won't leave KL while Marg is on trial. Would Aegon save the Reach from the Ironborn to win the allegiance of the Tyrells? Mace has gotta be getting pretty sick of Cercei's sh*t by now, and since Varys put her back in power, he's gotta be considering a new king for Marg to marry.

If Aegon offered to march west and save Highgarden in return for Marg's hand and KL, only the life of Tommen would stand in the way. Not for very long though.

I have a feeling the throne may switch sides 3 more times before the end.

Aegon though is likely next, the faith will possibly quite literally open the doors for him.

After him, I could possible see a villain taking the thrown or Dany (not as a villain, but to find the city abandoned/destroyed, a queen of Ashes).

Then a final power couple king & queen(Dany could be here if villain is above).

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Aegon will threaten to take it, but fail.

In a last-ditch effort to stave off both Aegon and the Tyrells, Cersei will turn to Euron Greyjoy (and possibly marry him).

Myrcella and Tommen will both be mixed up in this struggle and die as a result.

Then Dany will come back, and the FInal Battle is on.

Archived