Audible Chapter List

ZLoth

Greetings. I am currently listening to ~chapter 33 of "A Storm of Swords" through the Audible download service. Audible did make a little mess of the chapters, as it is chapter 26 in their listings.

I was wondering, before I go through the work of compiling a chapter list, if anyone has done so prior to me. Just checking.

I have no idea why the chapters are messed up like that. It just seems that they broke the book up into equal pieces for each Audible chapter. The weird thing is that book and audio book chapters match up again in AFFC (but for two combined into one). Alas, for ADWD it goes back to having differently divided chapters, albeit all random lengths in time. It makes it difficult when you want to go to a specific part, you just kinda have to guess and go from there.

As far as a list of chapters, I'm guessing you're talking about making a table and showing where each book chapter matches up with each audio chapter. I can't say I've seen this, but it just seems a bit tedious to me since by the time you'd look up the list you could already have found the spot you're looking for just by trial and error (as frustrating as that can be).

Thank you Mikkel.

Clash of Kings is now complete. Storm of Swords updated to Chapter 42-Daenarys 4. And.... I won't be updating this thread for a while. I can concentrate on Storm of Swords and, since this is my first read through, it's going to take a week or three.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all the way up to Chapter 62-Jamie VII in Storm of Swords. Somehow, my tablet gliched, and I jumped ahead four hours. Time to backtrack.

I also got this from Audible earlier today:

Thanks for contacting Audible Social Support!

I understand you are inquiring why some of the chapter breaks don't line up with the chapter breaks in the content. To answer your question, some books have very short chapters and due to that, our audio team decides to group multiple chapters. Some devices have a limit on the number of chapters they can access. To keep the devices from having issues, they decided to group chapters. We are working as device technology progresses to line up the chapter exactly.

Enjoy the rest of the Game of Thrones series, they are truly epic! Also the show returns on HBO on April 6th, so a great time to be listening. Let us know if you have any other questions.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also got this from Audible earlier today:

I've never used audible but I thought your complaint was that the chapters were misnamed (simply as chapter x). They didn't seem to address that in their response. Is audible unable to title their chapters anything other than "chapter #"? A combined chapter would be fine if it were titled properly ("chapters 11-12" or "Arya and Sansa" - etc).

I've never used audible but I thought your complaint was that the chapters were misnamed (simply as chapter x). They didn't seem to address that in their response. Is audible unable to title their chapters anything other than "chapter #"? A combined chapter would be fine if it were titled properly ("chapters 11-12" or "Arya and Sansa" - etc).

The problem is not that chapters are misnamed or grouped together. The trouble is that Audible splits the book into 64 sections ("chapters"), which do not align with the actual chapters. I click on chapter 50 fx. in Audible and the narration will start in the middle of a chapter from the book, and the next chapter in the book will start in the middle of "chapter 50" as it is displayed by Audible.

The problem is not that chapters are misnamed or grouped together. The trouble is that Audible splits the book into 64 sections ("chapters"), which do not align with the actual chapters. I click on chapter 50 fx. in Audible and the narration will start in the middle of a chapter from the book, and the next chapter in the book will start in the middle of "chapter 50" as it is displayed by Audible.

That's what I thought at first, but the audible response seemed like they did it slightly smarter than that at least, I guess not.

Lesson: Audible blows chunks.

I'm up to chapter 11-Sansa I in A Feast For Crows.

Thank you for the work in doing this. However the link you provided to Dropbox does not work. Would you be able to provide a new link, as I would love to be able to see it!

Thank you

I've updated the underlying link. Give it a try now.

Yes, for books 2 and 3 (not sure about 5), it is a royal pain if I want to begin again at the beginning of the chapter.

I'm up to Chapter 22-The Queenmaker in A Feast Of Crows. Since most of the chapters align with the chapter stops, I have aligned the rest of the book. Audible chapter 40 seems to have two book chapters, and I don't want to spoil myself.

Archived