Darkstar is a BF, Septa Lemore is his mother

FC_Lymond

"Dragons," Moqorro said in the Common Tongue of Westeros... "Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark."

This post looks at whether Darkstar could be the hidden heir of the Blackfyres, and a web of conspiracy to put him on the IT. I have searched and found various puzzle pieces that fit together reasonably well. But it is pretty ambitious.

Rough outline of events for the theory:

Maelys the Monstrous, the last known Blackfyre dies in the Steppingstones (adjacent to Dorne). Before he dies, he has a secret daughter who is heir to Blackfyres, known in the books as Septa Lemore. His paramour was likely from House Dayne or Yronwood in Dorne. Her life is a blank page, but as a young woman, Septa Lemore had a secret affair with Prince Lewyn Martell of Dorne and the Kingsguard. A son was born, but to keep Lewyn's secret, the child was hidden in a minor branch of the House Dayne. Lewyn Martell and Arthur Dayne served on the Kingsguard together.

Doran Martell is pretty sure Darkstar is a Blackfyre, but Arianne does not. There is plenty of political tension in Dorne over this between the Martells, the Yronwoods, and the Daynes over whom to support. Doran's caution is a result of knowing a commitment in any direction will alienate somebody in Dorne.

Septa Lemore, Varys and Illyrio are blackfyre supporters from Dorne/Lys/Steppingstones area who are working with Darkstar for a Blackfyre restoration. Aegon, is a fake, but not a Blackfyre. He and Joncon are just pawns to be sacrificed at the end, putting Gerold Dayne Blackfyre - the Darkstar on the throne.

This theory tries to put together a number of "unsolved" mysteries -

Why is Darkstar the most dangerous man in Dorne?

Why did he attack Myrcela.

Who is Septa Lemore?

Where are the Blackfyre pretenders?

What's going on with Aegon/Varys/Illyrio?

What does Doran Martell know that Arianne does not?

Why is Doran so cautious?

First up, Darkstar. Darkstar as a word is not all that different than Blackfyre. Dark=Black Star=Fire.

Gerold Dayne has classic Targ features of silver hair and purple eyes. Has been described as beautiful in terms very similar to another Targ, Dany. His silver hair actually has a black streak down the middle, which might be a reference to Bittersteel, his ancestor.

He has a Targ personality -cruel, impetuous, pretentious. "Only a beast would harm a little girl" someone said.

We hear no history of the House Dayne of High Hermitage. "Neither their arms nor their words have appeared in the books." says the wiki. This is quite unusual. Darkstar's family is never mentioned by anyone. No father, mother, siblings.. I propose that the house was created by Lewyn Martell and Arthur Dayne to hide Lewyn's son.

If Darkstar is a Blackfyre, the attack on Myrcella makes much more sense. He has separate plans from both Doran and Arianne. As a possible claimant to the throne, he would gladly kill another candidate. It's also what we have seen Targs do at various times in history.

Dorne chapters in A Feast for Crows contains many references to the Blackfyres and Bittersteel. Here is Arianne talking to Arys:

Sellswords break their contracts all the time.”

“Not the Golden Company. Our word is good as gold has been their boast since the days of Bittersteel. Myr is on the point of war with Lys and Tyrosh. Why break a contract that offered them the prospect of good wages and good plunder?”

“Perhaps Lys offered them better wages. Or Tyrosh.”

“No,” she said. “I would believe it of any of the other free companies, yes. Most of them would change sides for half a groat. The Golden Company is different. A brotherhood of exiles and the sons of exiles, united by the dream of Bittersteel. It’s home they want, as much as gold. Lord Yronwood knows that as well as I do. His forebears rode with Bittersteel during three of the Blackfyre Rebellions.” She took Ser Arys by the hand, and wove her fingers through his own. “Have you ever seen the arms of House Toland of Ghost Hill?”

He had to think a moment. “A dragon eating its own tail?”

“The dragon is time. It has no beginning and no ending, so all things come round again. Anders Yronwood is Criston Cole reborn. He whispers in my brother’s ear that he should rule after my father..

After talking about Bittersteel and the GC, Arianne brings up the idea of "all things come around again". Her focus is wrongly on her brother, but the correct answer could be Darkstar leading another Blackfyre revolt.

--

"

"... said Ser Gerold, ... “I shall remain Darkstar, I think. At least it is mine own.” He unsheathed his longsword, sat upon the lip of the dry well, and began to hone the blade with an oilstone.

Arianne watched him warily. He is highborn enough to make a worthy consort, she thought. Father would question my good sense, but our children would be as beautiful as dragonlords. If there was a handsomer man in Dorne, she did not know him. Ser Gerold Dayne had an aquiline nose, high cheekbones, a strong jaw. He kept his face clean-shaven, but his thick hair fell to his collar like a silver glacier, divided by a streak of midnight black. He has a cruel mouth, though, and a crueler tongue. His eyes seemed black as he sat outlined against the dying sun, sharpening his steel, but she had looked at them from a closer vantage and she knew that they were purple. Dark purple. Dark and angry.

He must have felt her gaze upon him, for he looked up from his sword, met her eyes, and smiled. Arianne felt heat rushing to her face. I should never have brought him. If he gives me such a look when Arys is here, we will have blood on the sand. Whose, she could not say. By tradition the Kingsguard were the finest knights in all the Seven Kingdoms … but Darkstar was Darkstar.

""

"Our children would be as beautiful as dragonlords"! Another slip of truth by Arianne. GRRM just put up a big sign saying look here for a secret Targ.

"At least it is mine own" might reference that Dayne is not his real name.

And look at the emphasis on steel/blade/longsword in this passage. Probably a reference to Bittersteel...Passages with Darkstar always seem to include these elements.

Arianne knew better. If Quentyn has the Golden Company behind him … “Beneath the gold the bitter steel,” was their cry. You will need bitter steel and more, brother, if you think to set me aside. Arianne was loved in Dorne, Quentyn little known. No company of sellswords could change that.

Ser Gerold rose. “I believe I’ll have a piss.”

“Watch where you set your feet,” Drey cautioned. “It has been a while since Prince Oberyn milked the local vipers.”

“I was weaned on venom, Dalt. Any viper takes a bite of me will rue it.” Ser Gerold vanished through a broken arch.

Another passage bringing up the GC, then talk of Darkstar. First "bitter steel" (we have already seen who is steel) then Darkstar brings up how his childhood was filled with venom (a bitter substance).

Dayne put a foot upon the head of a statue that might have been the Maiden till the sands had scoured her face away. “It occurred to me as I was pissing that this plan of yours may not yield you what you want.”

“And what is it I want, ser?”

“The Sand Snakes freed. Vengeance for Oberyn and Elia. Do I know the song? You want a little taste of lion blood.”

That, and my birthright. I want Sunspear, and my father’s seat. I want Dorne. “I want justice.”

“Call it what you will. Crowning the Lannister girl is a hollow gesture. She will never sit the Iron Throne. Nor will you get the war you want. The lion is not so easily provoked.”

“The lion’s dead. Who knows which cub the lioness prefers?”

“The one in her own den.” Ser Gerold drew his sword. It glimmered in the starlight, sharp as lies. “This is how you start a war. Not with a crown of gold, but with a blade of steel.”

More references to steel, plans, lies....

OK, well how can we get from the known Blackfyres to Darkstar?

Maelys Blackfyre 'Maelys the Monstrous', the last known Blackfyre, died in the Stepstones off the coast of Dorne about forty years before the books. He was assisted by the Band of Nine, the composition of which we have no info. Barristan Selmy killed Maelys. No mention of Dorne in the loyal Targ forces. So we have Blackfyres last sforces een in the Stepstones next to Dorne, and near Lys - probable hometown of Varys/Illyrio/Sera.

Septa Lemore is the correct age (40-45 years old) to be Maelys's daughter. She is likely from that same area. And has a secret background we are meant to guess at. And yet most of the guesses have been pretty far fetched, because there are few likely possibilities. And I realize there is not a thing to connect her with Maelys, but there isn't anything to tie her to another identity either... But if Darkstar is a Blackfyre, then her character fits in the "middle".

Who would be Septa Lemore's mother? I would bet a lady either from House Dayne or House Yronwood. Definate roots in Dorne. Since it is Maelys we are talking about, it might have been an abduction type of situation.

Why doesn't she have Targ features? Cause it would be too obvious? Don't have an answer for this, maybe she takes her looks from her possible Yronwood mother.

Septa Lemore and Prince Lewyn Martell (Doran's brother):

Arianne said, "that fine white cloak. You forget, my great uncle wore the same cloak. He died when I was little, yet I still remember him. He was tall as a tower and used to tickle me until I could not breathe for laughing."

"I never had the honor to know Prince Lewyn," Ser Arys said, "but all agree that he was a great knight."

"A great knight with a paramour. She is an old woman now, but she was a rare beauty in her youth, men say."

Interesting that Arianne knows the woman. She might have heard of the Septa (not as the Septa) when hearing the tale..

"tall as a tower" might be a pointer to Darkstar's house -the High Hermitage ?

Compare that to some quotes about Septa Lemore:

...her smooth skin glowing golden in the morning light. She was past forty, more handsome than pretty, but still easy on the eye.

Like everyone else aboard the Shy Maid, she had her secrets. She was welcome to them. I do not want to know her, I only want to fuck her. She knew it too. As she hung her septa's crystal about her neck, to nestle in the cleft between her breasts, she teased him with a smile.

Lemore had changed out of her septa's robes into garb more befitting the wife or daughter of a prosperous merchant. Tyrion watched her closely...Who is she, really? Why is she here? Not for gold, I'd judge. What is this prince to her? Was she ever a true septa?

"...Septa's robes scream of Westeros and might draw unwelcome eyes onto us." She turned back to Prince Aegon. "You are not the only one who must needs hide."

So, as I have said, not much to go on. But if Darkstar's a Blackfyre, we have probably met his mother. And the Septa is the best candidate in my eyes. And it seems like there are some hints in there.

Darkstar was born about 276. In 288 he would be leaving the care of his mother's household to squire for a knight. Probably Oberyn, who is said to have trained him. 288 also happens to be when the fAegon plan begins. He is five at that time and he meets JonCon, etc. So Septa Lemore could have traveled to Illyrio, to begin that part of the plan.

The Shy Maid has quite a few ties to Dorne. Yandry and Ysilla are both Roynish and from Dorne. The design is used in Dorne. And cyvasse connects both the boat and Dorne. Dorne is the hotbed for cyvasse in Westeros.

What I am getting at is that the Shy Maid operation, and the people who are running it seem have Dornish roots. So if Illyrio and Septa Lemore are running it, then it establishes their connection to Dorne.

And remember that it's pretty clear that Doran and Arianne Martell are not a part of this. So it's a Dornish plot without the Martells. You would need someone "dangerous" to be at the heart of it!

Varys and Illyrio have been talked about as Blackfyres many times, and this is getting very long, so I won't try to cover that ground again here. But this theory works quite a bit better than the "Aegon is a Blackfyre" theories. In this plan, they are raising a fake Targ to subvert both the real Targs like Dany, and to attack the Baratheons who hold the IT. If a fake Aegon who they control marries Dany as she tries to capture Westeros, they could cause all sorts of trouble, and get Darkstar onto the throne. Even better if a fake Aegon captures Westeros himself, with the Blackfyre GC and loyal Blackfyres making up his army.

A quote pointing to Varys' involvement in happenings in Dorne:

"She will be safe there. Only why had Doran Martell urged him not to write Kings's Landing about the move. Myrcella will be safest if no one knows just where she is." Arys Oakhart, thinking about move

The final complication is that many figures in Dorne were quite loyal to the Targs. Two were members of the KG and Elia married to Rhaegar. But they might have been a bit blind to the Blackfyres in their midst or have felt betrayed by Rhaegar's actions at the end. Arthur Dayne died (as a KG) defending Lyana Stark, not Elia Martell...

Timeline-

248 Birth of Doran

259 War of Ninepenny Kings - Death of Maelys

255-259 Birth of Septa Lemore

~275 Approximate birth of Darkstar

281 - Tourney at Harrenhall- Rhaegar betrays Elia; Gerold Dayne defeats laughing knight

283 - Roberts rebellion. Death of Arthur Dayne. Death of Lewyn Martell

288 - Darkstar old enough to squire for knight, first appearance of fAegon

300 - Tyrion meets Septa, Darkstar attacks Myrcela

Possible Family Tree

Maelys Blackfyre - Maid of House Yronwood? >>> Septa Lemore - Prince Lewyn Martell >>> Gerold Dayne

I give you points for creativity and originality, at least. Which isn't to say that I buy any of it, but it's at least ambitious.

The Daynes can have the Targaryen look without being Targaryens (fair hair and purple eyes), so Darkstar having the silvery hair and purple eyes is not evidence he's a Targaryen or a Blackfyre. The sigil of the main branch House Dayne is also a falling star. So in that respect, Gerold Dayne appropriating the main line's sigil for his nickname is not unusual.

As for why Darkstar is the "most dangerous man in Dorne," I think that's down to what he knows, not so much who he is.

I think the Aegon-as-Blackfyre thing works far better and is substantially less complicated.

I like this idea in a way because I still want to know why Doran refers to Darkstar as the most dangerous man in Dorne.

Really?

I guess he could just be referencing his volatility but I don't think any of Doran's musings are "flippant" in that way, so that comment does stand out to me. ETA, I can also see him knowing something as Apple Martini suggests but either way, I want to know what Doran meant!

Plus isn't the LC of the Kingsguard at the time of the rebellion Gerold Hightower?

So he could be named for him... by one of the KG, I guess Lewyn in your theory.

This is one of the more thought out new theories that are posted here, so well done. That said, I don't really believe in it, since I found some details in your text that aren't correct.

Rough outline of events for the theory:
Maelys the Monstrous, the last known Blackfyre dies in the Steppingstones (adjacent to Dorne). Before he dies, he has a secret daughter who is heir to Blackfyres, known in the books as Septa Lemore. His paramour was likely from House Dayne or Yronwood in Dorne. Her life is a blank page, but as a young woman, Septa Lemore had a secret affair with Prince Lewyn Martell of Dorne and the Kingsguard. A son was born, but to keep Lewyn's secret, the child was hidden in a minor branch of the House Dayne. Lewyn Martell and Arthur Dayne served on the Kingsguard together.

Maelys the Monstrous died about 40 years ago, during the War of the Ninepenny kings. Semi-canon sources have put the War of the Ninepenny Kings in the last years of the reign of Aegon V. Though you have chosen 259 AC for it, I'd say it would most likely be 258 AC, if earlier, since in 259 Summerhall happens, and nothing that Barristan says indicates that Summerhall and the Ninepenny Kings were connected).

Other things aside, if Prince Lewyn Martell had a secret son, no matter with who, such a child would not be hidden in a noble house, as a child of said noble house. The child would be a bastard, and not even the Dornish will give a bastard child a noble status by re-naming it.

Also, Arthur Dayne is a Dayne of Starfall, not High Hermitage. We don't know how the two are related, but it is very likely that Arthur had nothing to say about High Hermitage.

Gerold Dayne has classic Targ features of silver hair and purple eyes. Has been described as beautiful in terms very similar to another Targ, Dany. His silver hair actually has a black streak down the middle, which might be a reference to Bittersteel, his ancestor.

He has a Targ personality -cruel, impetuous, pretentious. "Only a beast would harm a little girl" someone said.

Looking like a Targ means only that you have Valyrian blood somewhere in your veins. Aurane Waters looks like a Targ, now doesn't he? Yet he's the bastard of a Velaryon.

And it's not like only the crazy Targaryens have such personalities. Gregor Clegane hurted children, but he's not Targaryen

We hear no history of the House Dayne of High Hermitage. "Neither their arms nor their words have appeared in the books." says the wiki. This is quite unusual. Darkstar's family is never mentioned by anyone. No father, mother, siblings.. I propose that the house was created by Lewyn Martell and Arthur Dayne to hide Lewyn's son.

Creating a house only to hide a child would draw notice.

"Our children would be as beautiful as dragonlords"! Another slip of truth by Arianne. GRRM just put up a big sign saying look here for a secret Targ.

Targaryens are Valyrians, Dayne´s have Valyrian looks. That´s where the dragonlords part comes from. In addition, Arianne and Darkstar had sex, so it´s not so strange for Arianne to be thinking about such a thing.

"At least it is mine own" might reference that Dayne is not his real name.

A fake name would be his own as well. No one else is using it...

Maelys Blackfyre 'Maelys the Monstrous', the last known Blackfyre, died in the Stepstones off the coast of Dorne about forty years before the books. He was assisted by the Band of Nine, the composition of which we have no info. Barristan Selmy killed Maelys. No mention of Dorne in the loyal Targ forces. So we have Blackfyres last sforces een in the Stepstones next to Dorne, and near Lys - probable hometown of Varys/Illyrio/Sera.

We have no info on Dorne fighting in the war... We only get info of the Great Houses fighting, and Dorne at that time was ruled by a woman / a woman who was busy giving birth around that time. Either that, or she was recovering from it. That no one from House Martell fought does not mean no one from Dorne fought. The Martells could have send, for instance, the Yronwoods. But because the Yronwoods aren´t a Great House, they weren´t mentioned.

Septa Lemore is the correct age (40-45 years old) to be Maelys's daughter. She is likely from that same area. And has a secret background we are meant to guess at. And yet most of the guesses have been pretty far fetched, because there are few likely possibilities. And I realize there is not a thing to connect her with Maelys, but there isn't anything to tie her to another identity either... But if Darkstar is a Blackfyre, then her character fits in the "middle".

Who would be Septa Lemore's mother? I would bet a lady either from House Dayne or House Yronwood. Definate roots in Dorne. Since it is Maelys we are talking about, it might have been an abduction type of situation.

So Maelys the Monstrous died 40 years ago, and Septa Lemore, who you propose as his daughter, is around 40 years old. That part could still work. But Darkstar, by the words of GRRM, is in his late 20ties, meaning 26-29.

Septa Lemore and Prince Lewyn Martell (Doran's brother):

Prince Lewyn was Doran's uncle, a brother to Doran's mother.

Interesting that Arianne knows the woman. She might have heard of the Septa (not as the Septa) when hearing the tale..

The fact that Arianne knows how she looks now suggests that the paramour is still in Dorne

Darkstar was born about 276. In 288 he would be leaving the care of his mother's household to squire for a knight. Probably Oberyn, who is said to have trained him. 288 also happens to be when the fAegon plan begins. He is five at that time and he meets JonCon, etc. So Septa Lemore could have traveled to Illyrio, to begin that part of the plan.

Like I said, Darkstar is 26 to 29 years old, meaning he was born in between 271-274 AC. With Septa Lemore born around the time Maelys died (according to your thinking), Lemore would have been very young to give birth to Darkstar. Not impossible, but highly unlikely. Especially since she'd have to meet Prince Lewyn first.

Aegon is 5 when he meets JonCon, we believe, because JonCon only served for 5 years in the GC. We don't know exactly when JonCon joined the GC, he could have waited a year. JonCon met Aegon 5 years after he started serving, so Aegon was at least 6 years old when this happened (having been 1 year old during the Sack). So this cannot have happened any earlier than 288 AC.

Children either leave their homes around the age of 8 to become a page to another lord, or around 11 to become a squire. Darkstar could have left his home at any of those times. But if he truly is a secret Blackfyre, wouldn't you suspect that his family would want to keep him close? Otherwise, someone might encover the secret, and Darkstar dies.

Also, when did Oberyn train Darkstar? I can't remember reading about that?

The Shy Maid has quite a few ties to Dorne. Yandry and Ysilla are both Roynish and from Dorne. The design is used in Dorne. And cyvasse connects both the boat and Dorne. Dorne is the hotbed for cyvasse in Westeros.

Cyvasse comes from Volantis, IIRC. It has been introduced in Dorne, yes. But the fact that it's being played on the boat does not mean that there is a connection to Dorne.

Timeline-

248 Birth of Doran

259 258 War of Ninepenny Kings - Death of Maelys

255-259 Birth of Septa Lemore

~275 272 Approximate birth of Darkstar

281 - Tourney at Harrenhall- Rhaegar betrays Elia; Gerold Dayne defeats laughing knight

283 - Roberts rebellion. Death of Arthur Dayne. Death of Lewyn Martell

~288 283 - Darkstar old enough to squire for knight,

~288 - first appearance of fAegon

300 - Tyrion meets Septa, Darkstar attacks Myrcela

This post looks at whether Darkstar could be the hidden heir of the Blackfyres, and a web of conspiracy to put him on the IT.

I think I laughed for five minutes straight here. This is my new favorite crackpot of all times.

(Seriously, now I really want to convince myself it's true so I can imagine the mob on GRRM's lawn when the last book comes out *me still laughing*)

Thanks for the constructive comments.

My point with the cyvasse is that its main appearance in all of the books so far has been in Dorne chapters and and Shy Maid chapters. So maybe that's not a coincidence.

And yes Arianne slept with Darkstar, and said something like that was probably my biggest mistake. Which would be quite funny if this were true, because they would be cousins or thereabouts..

I

Thanks for the constructive comments.

My point with the cyvasse is that its main appearance in all of the books so far has been in Dorne chapters and and Shy Maid chapters. So maybe that's not a coincidence.

And yes Arianne slept with Darkstar, and said something like that was probably my biggest mistake. Which would be quite funny if this were true, because they would be cousins or thereabouts..

I

Tyrion plays chyvasse in Volantis :)

Being cousins doesn't seem to bother people in Westeros. Tywin and Joanna were cousins, and they got married, Robert slept with his own cousin, just because he could, and as Apple Martini said, Arianne and Aegon are cousins as well (if Aegon is truly Aegon, and not fAegon).

Nope, I don't buy it. I think Darkstar was a Squire at the ToJ and this is why he is "the most dangerous man in Dorne" for what he knows not who he is.

If he was born in 272 that would put him at 11 in 283 the events of the ToJ 11 is plenty old enough to be a Squire in ASOIAF, we have numerous examples of boys of similar ages squiring in the books. We also have Jamie as an example of Kings Guards taking Squires when they are working away from the red keep.

He's one of few male characters who are the right age to have been squiring at that point and whose timeline we don't know enough about to rule out.

Nope, I don't buy it. I think Darkstar was a Squire at the ToJ and this is why he is "the most dangerous man in Dorne" for what he knows not who he is.

If he was born in 272 that would put him at 11 in 283 the events of the ToJ 11 is plenty old enough to be a Squire in ASOIAF, we have numerous examples of boys of similar ages squiring in the books. We also have Jamie as an example of Kings Guards taking Squires when they are working away from the red keep.

He's one of few male characters who are the right age to have been squiring at that point and whose timeline we don't know enough about to rule out.

If Darkstar knows some crazy shit about what actually went down at the ToJ, then wouldn't that make Doran/Arianne privy to the same knowledge? Since they must necessarily also know what he knows, in order to refer to him as the Most Dangerous Man in Dorne?

Absolutely yes, I think Oberyn & Doran know/knew what DS knows. Arianne no she does not imo.We know Ned doesn't kill children & returned Dawn and I think he also returned the Dayne child who was present as part of the "they" who found him after Lyanna passed away in his arms to the main branch and that Doran and Oberyn got the truth from the child when they turned up to interrogate him, he was sworn to secrecy and has kept the secret all these years. raised on Venom could refer to the lies and threats of the Martells. Who would NOT want the truth of the Targaryan/Stark boy to get out as it screws up their plan to wed Viserys to Arianne and take the iron Throne, as it would mean Viserys was not the rightful heir, and after his death Daenarys would also not be the rightful heir and so Dorans plan is screwed. He would not want to marry his daughter to Jon and take the IT as it would mean crowning the son of the woman who Rhaegar abandoned his sister for. I believe this is why he is called the most dangerous man in Dorne, he could fuck up Dorans master plan. I think he was Squiring for Arthur Dayne and was present at the wedding of Lyanna & Rhaegar and that he was privy to the events at the ToJ.

Darkstar being so bitter and angry would be explained as he was an innocent child and has been manipulated and threatened his whole life by those who are afraid of what he knows. He's grown into a volatile and angry man, tied to Dorans scheming. Aware that everyone just wants to use him for their own ends.

fAegon being real would be a boon for Doran as it would mean he no longer needs to fear Darkstar blurting out the truth about Jon Snow. Aegon would be legitimatly ahead of Jon in the line of succsession. Something Viserys & Dany were not.

I think this is a foreshadow of Darkstars parents. "See Gerold Dayne stood behind her, half in starlight and half in shadow." GRRM made Darkstar a mystery for a reason and I take it as his parents are going to matter. Half Dayne and ? I think house Dayne and house martell are hiding his real parentage from him to protect the house names of Arthur Dayne and Elia who are his real parents.

This is my second post go easy. I think its has to be a dark secret. I thought of it because they stopped at Starfall on they way to Casterly Rock. GRRM mention the there for a reason. Oberyn claims all his bastards. Elia has alot to risk having a baby and so young which made her sicky afterwards. any comments?

Elia is mentioned to have been sickly before. Oberyn tells she was excited to travel, since her health hadn't allowed much travel before.

Archived