Fashion - Fire and Blood Edition

karaddin

Took my friend to the bra store because she wanted to get properly fitted. She, like me, was amazed at how good a well-fit bra looks. I wanted to go because I needed to buy a bra that I could wear under thin fabrics. The three-seam bras I usually wear, you can see the seam through the shirt fabric. But I hate molded foam cups, which is what most people try to sell as "t-shirt" or "spacer" bras. The woman at the shop knew EXACTLY which model to bring me -- also from Prima Donna (all of my bras are from this company). It has plain fabric cups, with a nice underwire. I tried on a t-shirt over the bra -- perfect. The only bummer is that the bra is fug beige. But that is more versatile than black. So, result!

Took my friend to the bra store because she wanted to get properly fitted.

I took karaddin bra shopping this weekend because we were pretty sure she was wearing the wrong size (she was)

It may have been a mistake because I am now significantly poorer. I am in possession of the prettiest bra ever made so it was worth it.

Her new bra is pretty awesome, I have to agree with that.

As for mine, we didn't think I had the wrong size because we picked wrong last time, just that they are magic and keep growing (along with some shape redistribution).

I had been wearing 16C (38C), but felt this was both too small in the cup and too large in the band now. Tried on a 14D and it fit although is still a bit small in the cup. Tried a different one that was 14DD (not equivalent to DD in US more like D 1/2) and it fit perfectly. Then bought the first one because it looked so good on me even a tiny bit small.

I needed to gloat somewhere about this :P I can access the sexy bras now!

Sorry forgot you've been reading fashion >_< The gloating! It needed out!

On non gloaty front, I also finally got a jacket/coat that I actually think will go with skirts and dresses, along with some flat knee highs that I can wear without feeling like my foot is breaking, so I can start trying warm tights and dresses/skirts to work. Brook also had her eye caught by a nice slate leather jacket we walked past yesterday, but it's too expensive. Not sure if she's got a link or not?

This one

I loves it but that's way outside my budget.

On the topic of way outside my budget this is what I bought yesterday.

That is some bra! I would be a suck and worry that the metal parts would become bothersome in some way (or are they plastic?) but it does look stunning.

I just discovered a purse I purchased in 1996 for $150 is now selling for $2,495. Yikes, women's luxury purses have really sky-rocketed in cost!

http://markcross1845.com/collections.htm?group=Womens

I still love it and use it. I'm just glad I purchased it when I did. And I'm glad that more structured clean line purses are back on trend.

My taste was formed early and has not changed. You could say I'm boring or consistent! But I suffered greatly in the early 2000s when all those bulky bags with hardware were in style. So not me. Glad we are back to the basics.

I just discovered a purse I purchased in 1996 for $150 is now selling for $2,495. Yikes, women's luxury purses have really sky-rocketed in cost!

http://markcross1845.com/collections.htm?group=Womens

I still love it and use it. I'm just glad I purchased it when I did. And I'm glad that more structured clean line purses are back on trend.

You could call me boring and consistent too, I guess. That purse is to die for. :drool: :leer: :kiss: :love: The PRECIOUS!

I agree with you about the clean lined purses. As I become more sure of my style (yes, it HAS taken this long :P) I've come to appreciate simplicity, good cut and fit in clothes, and it's carried over to style of furnishing my home too.

That is some bra! I would be a suck and worry that the metal parts would become bothersome in some way (or are they plastic?) but it does look stunning.

It's metal. I have... more of her bras than I should admit to given their price, and what I love about them is despite all the embellishments they are really super comfy and supportive. Most pretty bras seem to not be designed with the practicalities of actually wearing them in mind but these are.

"No white after Labor Day" only covers one side of things. When is white acceptable again?

Technically after Memorial Day, or after Easter at the very earliest. Basically, whenever it is hot enough to justify wearing white.

This is, of course, an old-fashioned and outdated rule that middle class, non-Southerners don't give a shit about any more.

Archived