Denial is a hell of a drug

I am in denial that the whole Quentyn arc was boring and predictable and am desperately trying to see it from an angle where it wasn't.

Simple answer, It wasn't. You might say I'm in denial but that was one of my favourite arcs in the entire series. :cheers:

I am in denial that there is probably no chance that the Northeners and Stannis can achieve some conclusion where one of the parties is not screwed over.

So am I.

I refuse to believe that Tommen will die. Come on GRRM! He wants to outlaw beets... :(

ugh! how could i forget this one? the beet thing aside - what's wrong with them? they're good for you - i refuse to accept that he must repay the debt of his "father". please no.

Robb's last thought was of his mother begging to be killed in his place and not his doggie.

Asshole.

Don't worry he probably warged into Greywind, died again, warged into a fish after that and then got caught and served for dinner, smoked and salted. For 5 seconds he was Azor the Trout come again.

Brace yourselves, because this is a big one:

I am in denial that Dany could in some ways be good for Westeros.

*shudders*

I'm not one of these people that rants and raves about her or considers her a crazy she-devil but the idea of her ending up Queen has always bored/annoyed me (for all those many legitimate reasons). So much so, that I often gloss over the fact that there is some good she could do.

That Syrio Forel is dead.

I know what GRRM said.

I know Syrio was one guy in no armor against a member of the Kingsguard.

I know what he said First Swords of Braavos don't do.

Even so, I still hope that little motherfucker picked up a steel sword from the ground, kicked Trant's ass without killing him, and then went for a long vacation in the Summer Isles. And Trant, humiliated, never discussed this with anybody.

That Syrio Forel is dead.

I know what GRRM said.

I know Syrio was one guy in no armor against a member of the Kingsguard.

I know what he said First Swords of Braavos don't do.

Even so, I still hope that little motherfucker picked up a steel sword from the ground, kicked Trant's ass without killing him, and then went for a long vacation in the Summer Isles. And Trant, humiliated, never discussed this with anybody.

i'm cool with that. :cool4:

I try to make myself live in denial of Arya's actual age in the books. I try...so...hard.

Because whenever I slip up and picture a nine year old girl casually slit a grown man's throat, the suspense of disbelief goes out the window.

http://www.child-soldiers.org/about_the_issues.php

Since 2000, the participation of child soldiers has been reported in most armed conflicts and in almost every region of the world. Although there are no exact figures, and numbers continually change, tens of thousands of children under the age of 18 continue to serve in government forces or armed opposition groups. Some of those involved in armed conflict are under 10 years old.

That the Others are bad. This isn't one of my Puddles jokes. It makes my fingers itch when I have to toe the party line in topics where the Others are discussed. I just don't like that they are meant to be bad.

Oh I definitely think it won't be as simple as that. GRRM's all but come out and said they aren't merely some simple zombie-esque mindless horde.

Archived