Which family is most like yours?

Baratheons. I'm the older brother, and am more serious and introverted than my younger brother, who is more likeable to most people and is more social and outgoing. I'm pretty much Stannis, and him Renly. We have some really petty and immature arguments over rights and responsibilities. Although just like Stannis, I've gotten much more social and likeable over time.

I'm probably gonna go with the Tully's for me, bro, sis and parents except my bro is Cat and I'm Edmure coz I'm more the screw up who cares too much about people and the youngest (by a lot) and he's the sensible eldest. and my sis is pretty crazy but we love her anyway.

Me hubby and kids though Id say the Seaworths. We have 4 boys and no girls. He goes away a fair bit with friends and I stay home with the littlies.

I am sorry but how exactly a family whose pater familias kills his daughter's child and then sell her to a man who is old enough to be her grandfather is the most normal family?

I don't mean to get into a controversial topic here, but the "baby" as you call it, was aborted, and she wasn't sold, she was married to. Just like how Cat was gonna be married to Brandon then later did get married to Ned. It's no different, save for the ages of the men. Hoster Tully is a shit guy, and I don't like him at all, but it's not as black and white as you portray it.

I don't mean to get into a controversial topic here, but the "baby" as you call it, was aborted, and she wasn't sold, she was married to. Just like how Cat was gonna be married to Brandon then later did get married to Ned. It's no different, save for the ages of the men. Hoster Tully is a shit guy, and I don't like him at all, but it's not as black and white as you portray it.

But the child was aborted because his/her grandfather chosed it not because of his/her mother choice. It is technicallya murder.

He betrothed Brandon to Cat but he sold Lysa to Jon for his help. There is a difference.

I am sorry but how exactly a family whose pater familias kills his daughter's child and then sell her to a man who is old enough to be her grandfather is the most normal family?

What Hoster Tully did was absolutely despicable, but when said this I was mainly thinking about Catelyn, Brynden, Edmure and Lysa. I should have been more specific.

But the child was aborted because his/her grandfather chosed it not because of his/her mother choice. It is technicallya murder.

He betrothed Brandon to Cat but he sold Lysa to Jon for his help. There is a difference.

While I don't subscribe to the belief that abortion is murder (let's put our nails and crosses away, people, this isn't the place), I do agree it was a pretty terrible thing for Hoster to have the baby aborted without Lysa's consent.

I don't see how what he did with Lysa and Jon was any different than Cat and Brandon/Ned. The purpose of all these marriages was to solidify the alliance between their Houses. This was done through two marriages. They were for the same reason, afaik.

Overall I would say Stark, my family being very close and we also get along well. But other then that either Martell, since the women in my family tend to be strong and independent, or Tyrell. We can be sweet as roses but roses also have thorns..

Looking at my extended family, Lannisters. There's fucking loads of and everyone has at least one relative that don't get on with.

Between me and my sister it's like Stannis and Renly. I'm more serious and introverted and she's more outoging.

Archived