Which family is most like yours?

I guess I see my family as a cross between the Greyjoys and the Baratheons, and as such I am kind of a Theon/Stannis.

My father's ludicrous dreams of isolationism and independence caused him to relocate us to the middle of nowhere, depriving me of all of my friends and extended family. My parents love my siblings more than me. On the bright side, I became best friends with a kid on the other side of town and I started spending more time with him and his family, who were loving and accepting instead of cold like my own parents. It reached the point where I spent almost 5 days a week "living" with this other family instead of my own. I got to go on vacations with them and everything. I haven't betrayed this good family, though (and hopefully never will), nor do I feel any strong desire to be accepted by my own crazy parents.

I have two younger brothers, that's where the Baratheon angle comes, although ours isn't an accurate representation. The youngest brother is the obnoxious alcoholic and the middle one is the flamer. I am blatantly honest and easily dislikeable, but the rare people who can tolerate those aspects of me are loyal friends for life.

While I don't subscribe to the belief that abortion is murder (let's put our nails and crosses away, people, this isn't the place), I do agree it was a pretty terrible thing for Hoster to have the baby aborted without Lysa's consent.

I don't see how what he did with Lysa and Jon was any different than Cat and Brandon/Ned. The purpose of all these marriages was to solidify the alliance between their Houses. This was done through two marriages. They were for the same reason, afaik.

I agree, an abortion it should be the woman's choice. But when someone else forces the woman to do something she doesn't want I don't think that is abortion.

I think that there is a difference between Cat and Brandon(arrange marriage) and Lysa and Jon(Bride-buying).

I agree, an abortion it should be the woman's choice. But when someone else forces the woman to do something she doesn't want I don't think that is abortion.

I think that there is a difference between Cat and Brandon(arrange marriage) and Lysa and Jon(Bride-buying).

Nobody gives a single flying fuck about your opinion on abortion.

dad's like tywin (sit down, do what i said and like it), mom's like lysa (over protective and wanting to baby you forever part, not the boob part), older brother 1 is like robb and his wife's like cat, older brother 2 is like stannis and his wife's like marg, younger brother is a cross between ned and stannis. the extended family's like the lannisters - we love to hate each other and hate that we love each other but always honor the "family".

as you can imagine, holidays, birthdays and other get togethers are never dull.

Archived