[Book Spoilers] Beautiful male characters in the TV series

Le Cygne

So this is the companion to the beautiful female characters thread we asked for... What do you think about Jaime's haircut, Oberyn, the new Daario ...

Cool new thread, thanks!

What's 'attractive' in the opposite sex is so subjective, isn't it? So personal to the individual who's doing the viewing. Take me and Jaime, for example--I dislike his new haircut immensely, because I'm a sucker for men with full, long flowing hair--love it, its sexy. Of course, Nicolaj is a gorgeous man, whatever his haircut, but we're talking characters, here, I think, rather than actors? Ned Stark was wonderfully attractive to me, for his serious, straightforward demeanor--whenever I meet a man like that, I have a powerful urge to say or do something to make him smile, get a laugh out of him--always a challenge! But yowser, I couldn't bear to look at his hair!! 'Wash your hair! Wash your hair!' was nearly all I could think about when he was on-screen. (Love you, darlin', but...wash your freakin' hair!)

Daario, either the old or the new, inspires instant hostility in me, anger, even. He's a narcissist, a poseur of the most blatant sort, yuck. In the real world, if I saw him at a party, I'd avoid going anywhere near him. If he told a joke, even a really funny joke, I wouldn't laugh. If I were interviewing candidates for a job, I'd eliminate him immediately. If I had input with someone else who was thinking of promoting Daario, I'd do my active best to scuttle his chances. So, I guess, not only do I not find him attractive, I instinctively want to do him damage. Go figure, huh?

I've seen Tormund mentioned in these threads--personally, he doesn't interest me, none of those big-mouth, har-de-har types do. And physically, I don't want to be anywhere near that big bushy beard. Who knows what might be lurking in there? A tarantula? Moldy crumbs from an old grilled cheese sandwich? *shudders*

Oberon is a character I'm really looking forward to watching. If TV Oberson lives up to Book Oberon, then yep! He can be as flashy and radiate as much danger as he wants, because he's earned it. To me, he's a long-term kind of guy--he's been nursing his grudge against the Lannisters for years on end, he's been with Ellaria for years and years--that's a man with a strong will, a dangerous and exciting man. And if the actor brings in on physically, well then, yep, I'm there!

Jorah is pretty as eye-candy (especially in that yellow shirt, yum) and lovely to listen to, but doesn't attract me, even so. He's too, I don't know... passive? Has an aura of 'loser' , to me, anyway. He's a follower, and I'm drawn toward leaders.

So, ladies? Your thoughts, your choices?

:whip:

As a straight dude, I can offer that Robb, Jaime, Jaqen, Grey Worm, Oberyn and maybe Jon, Loras and Jorah would fall under the conventional "leading man" attractive category and Tyrion, Ned, Stannis, Davos, Drogo, Grenn, Theon and Ramsay might fall under the "unconventionally attractive" rainbow. Fair?

Hey, good idea. Down with double standards!

Jaime's haircut kind of freaked me out when I first saw it. I think I actually prefer him scruffy, which is weird because I don't usually with guys. He's still beautiful, though.

The new Daario is much hotter than the old one. Maybe it was the long hair, which I don't like. Or the general sleaziness, which I don't know if the new actor will replicate. But I'm very glad that neither actor looks like how Daario is described in the book. That would just be ridiculous, and I can't imagine a three-pronged purple beard being attractive.

The most gorgeous character on the show, though, is Jon Snow. I can't not marvel at how pretty Kit's face is every time he's on screen. (It's just too bad that show!Jon's personality isn't as wonderful as book!Jon's, but a lot of that is the fault of the writing.)

But Gendry, Renly, and Robb are no slouches in the beauty department either. And I'm strangely attracted to Iwan Rheon, which is extremely disturbing with him playing Ramsay.

Hey, good idea. Down with double standards!

But Gendry, Renly, and Robb are no slouches in the beauty department either. And I'm strangely attracted to Iwan Rheon, which is extremely disturbing with him playing Ramsay.

Yep, I forgot about Gendry. Lovely, Lovely..

LOL, here's a little chart I came up with at another site, if anybody cares to fill in their choices!

1. __________________________ Yes, I would! In a second. Anywhere, any time. Now, please?

2.___________________________ Hmmm, probably. Have to invest a bit of time first. Then, yep, probably.

3. __________________________ Gads, I shouldn't. But would I? Yep. Just wouldn't tell anybody.

4.___________________________ My bad! This is so totally WRONG! But, I'm going to, anyway.

Severus is back, there is hope for the TWoP thread this season (if we're allowed to talk about them again?)

Again a straight guy but I think NCW is so good-looking he could do anything with his hair and still be damn fine. That said, I do miss the blond perfectly-combed Prince Charming look of s1.

Severus is back, there is hope for the TWoP thread this season (if we're allowed to talk about them again?)

Again a straight guy but I think NCW is so good-looking he could do anything with his hair and still be damn fine. That said, I do miss the blond perfectly-combed Prince Charming look of s1.

LOL, yep, I'm baaaaack!! And the TWoP thread has already been revived and is up and running, healthy so far! Over at TWoP, the Unsullied are already slowly drifting into the thread, speculating about what's to come this season.

Re NCW, agree, the man is downright gorgeous. But that haircut (to me) takes him out of the Prince Charming and into the Corporate Boardroom. :)

As a straight dude, I can offer that Robb, Jaime, Jaqen, Grey Worm, Oberyn and maybe Jon, Loras and Jorah would fall under the conventional "leading man" attractive category and Tyrion, Ned, Stannis, Davos, Drogo, Grenn, Theon and Ramsay might fall under the "unconventionally attractive" rainbow. Fair?

Oh, I forgot about Drogo! Definitely hot, even with the long hair and eyeliner.

And yes, Peter Dinklage is actually a pretty goodlooking man. Not at all grotesque like Tyrion is described in the book.

Jaquen H'gar was hotter on screen than in the books. He really knew how to say those lines too - "lovely girl" - swoon. Too bad we didn't get him in the bath.
Richard Madden is one good-looking man. Makes me feel like a dirty old lady. I think NCW goes without saying. Not sure how I feel about the haircut either. At least we didn't get him bald.

Do women find Lord Petyr Baelish attractive?

Just speaking for myself I find the character soooo pedo-creepy crawly that it actually makes me uncomfortable watching him onscreen--like I want to look around quickly and find something heavy like a fireplace poker or a marble vase to defend myself with. He makes me think of rats, literal four-legged rodents, a combination reaction of fear and loathing at the same time.

I feel the same way about Littlefinger. But even in other roles I've never found Aidan Gillen attractive.

It's an interesting question, though, of how much a man's personality factors into his attractivenes for women. I'm inclined to think it plays a much bigger role in judging men than it does in judging women. Thoughts?

Do women find Lord Petyr Baelish attractive?

The actor is handsome, nor in a "omg Orlando Bloom!!" kinda way.

It's an interesting question, though, of how much a man's personality factors into his attractivenes for women. I'm inclined to think it plays a much bigger role in judging men than it does in judging women. Thoughts?

There is a badassery factor included, I suppose.

Drogo + anything = extremely hot.

We need to hear lovely girl again, I don't care how, just bring back Jaqen. A man needs a bath.

NCW must get scruffy again, and soon.

I am a big fan of book Daario, what can I say. I liked Daario #1 very much, but will give Daario #2 a chance...

Archived