[Book Spoilers] Beautiful male characters in the TV series

Le Cygne

Now what the hell is going on here? This thread is like the conclave of a bunch of my favorite posters. Didn’t know the speakeasy was here, people. LOL! I just saw the season 5 pictures are coming up, well it has been out but I haven’t checked much. I only come on to the show threads for the episode live play by play to crack jokes in the Spring, or if I need to check tv stuff like today. And I am out of the loop and just did Jaqen on a thread and there is some tv series news about Jacket Cigar I saw on Winteriscoming.net

But while I’m here, er, might as well post something.

I can say I think Joe is great as Gendry. About time I gave it up to him. He made the Gendry visual for me. Most Gendry fanart makes him look like a big doofey oaf. If there is good Gendry fanart, direct me, and I will take it back.

Even the app one sort of didn’t hit me. Guy scares me.

Dempsie had reservations himself that he looked very different from an interview. But the dyed black hair worked, the face is cute, and he has the guileless, sweet look to the blue eyes that can also be strong and narrow when he is pissed or serious, or even dubious. He channeled funny, warm, matter of fact, helpful, tough, smart ass-remark giver, and other nuances. And what I imagine is the cute voice and earnest boy-like delivery. That all has to be there. It has to contrast with the fierce strength and physical dimensions and ability to fight that he shares with Robert, and the contrast compliments it.

And in the show, that fight with goldcloaks… he like took out three guys. That was a blink you miss it, but important five seconds for the character. He did well. The hammer went up and down, like once – strong but effortless, and the way it should look. Like one fluid movement took out more than one person. He can sound stubborn or hen-pecking, like the book does too. He will give Arya his opinion and let her know if he thinks something different and why. And he did work out to get the build the character is known for. The shots made him look taller too, but not as tall as book Gendry obviously. He’s a big one.

Oh, and he is cute period. I will have to read the rest of the thread to see if anybody remarked on Joe/Gendry. Eh, I am probably the only one. Too many haters.

Er, that is all.

Oh, and the links are hilarious...

Now what the hell is going on here? This thread is like the conclave of a bunch of my favorite posters. Didn’t know the speakeasy was here, people. LOL! I just saw the season 5 pictures are coming up, well it has been out but I haven’t checked much. I only come on to the show threads for the episode live play by play to crack jokes in the Spring, or if I need to check tv stuff like today. And I am out of the loop and just did Jaqen on a thread and there is some tv series news about Jacket Cigar I saw on Winteriscoming.net

Hey there, just wanted to say Hi as I'm on my way out for a little bit. Yeah, you'll find a lot of us perving and laughing over here, LOL There were rumors that Tom W was returning as Jaqen, or another character? His agent even had a statement up on some site of theirs about his season 5 return, but that up and vanished like a fart in the wind, LOL Is that what you mean? It seems legit, though he hasn't popped up on location. We suspect he'll be doing set filming, taking the place of The Kindly Man. I've learned that he has done a few other series and want to check them out. Maise wasn't forthcoming when asked about Tom/Jaqen, but she seemed to have the same taste I do, LOL, and seemed as if she just couldn't confirm him showing up.

Have fun and hey, if you have any pretty pics of Beautiful Men of GOT..........this IS the place for them.

Oh, and he is cute period. I will have to read the rest of the thread to see if anybody remarked on Joe/Gendry. Eh, I am probably the only one. Too many haters.

He is cute! Maisie talking about him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz8q6ftDrFs

On my wishlist for life: 1. Marrying NCW 2. Having him read my GPS with that sexy purr of his.

We should make a list, ringtone, GPS, ... :lol:

Hey there, just wanted to say Hi as I'm on my way out for a little bit. Yeah, you'll find a lot of us perving and laughing over here, LOL There were rumors that Tom W was returning as Jaqen, or another character? His agent even had a statement up on some site of theirs about his season 5 return, but that up and vanished like a fart in the wind, LOL Is that what you mean? It seems legit, though he hasn't popped up on location. We suspect he'll be doing set filming, taking the place of The Kindly Man. I've learned that he has done a few other series and want to check them out. Maise wasn't forthcoming when asked about Tom/Jaqen, but she seemed to have the same taste I do, LOL, and seemed as if she just couldn't confirm him showing up.

Have fun and hey, if you have any pretty pics of Beautiful Men of GOT..........this IS the place for them.

Hey, what's up? Whoah, I didn't know of all this possibly. More would be a good thing.

Not sure if this was on here, but check this out around 1:20. He is in there, blink and miss it, as Prince Albert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GKlo2xWvuI

I was shocked myself. He looks like him in portraits I have seen. The voice and presence is unmistakable.

More Joe Dempsie vids, he talks about Gendry and Arya, he looks much better with more hair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Aj-Wu6UxE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz1_kd8Tnig

Interesting interview, too:

That scene where I'm forging the sword, I'm saying that it's gratuitous, but the idea they wanted to convey was that . . . it was more for Arya than anything to do with my character. It was them trying to imply that Arya's becoming a woman now and she's dealing with feelings that she's maybe not experienced before. I think they just want to hint at that – I'm saying "subtly," but . . . [Laughs] But it's not something I want to make a particular habit of.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/game-of-thrones-q-a-joe-dempsie-on-gendrys-long-strange-trip-20130606

Oh, it was so blatant the shirtless scene. But it served many purposes. Showing him good-looking and strong to link back to young Robert and how he was known. It was like, hey, if we are not going to do the acorn scene and that hint, we can do it another way. Not the same at all, of course, but the noticing your buddy is attractive in their own right theme was there.

To this day though, I can't deal with the making out with Mel and those stupid leeches. Not necessary. His story was fine on its own. And to write him off for a bit, just leave him with the BWB when Arya gets taken by the Hound.

Maybe I am wrong, but I preferred the book exit for him. Well, the temporary exit... :cool4:

Mel takes what she pleases. If she'd had a Gendry type around instead of wee Edric, it stands to reason she'd take some liberties because after all she's only flesh and blood (...with a bit of fire thrown in admittedly). That's a scene I'll always defend because Carice plays it so perfectly (...okay, also 'cause she's beautiful). I'm mostly indifferent towards the show's sex scenes but that one, I thought, was pretty cool.

Mel takes what she pleases.

That was just nasty, and completely unnecessary to the plot. If they want to be gratuitous, show some Mel and Stannis sex. Or Mel taking a lover.

Likewise, if they want to show nearly naked Gendry (which is fine by me), show him at the Peach or something. Something semi-pleasant for the poor guy.

He does the German accent pretty well. Has NCW ever played German in a movie?

I don't see the scene as being unnecessary. Mel was very likely once a bed slave (in the Red Temple in Lys, I've read it speculated convincingly), so sex is something she uses quite often and very well. Of course she could have ordered some guards to tie him up or had the leeching for his health or something but she'd prefer her go-to techniques, especially when it's Joe Dempsie. She likes black-haired bastards as well as kings...

I don't defend many of the show sex scenes, so this isn't a case of me being defensive for that reason. But yeah, it was way more attractive than other scenes where people were in the throws of mutual passion. (I hope that doesn't imply anything TOO negative about my character :frown5:). There is something about seeing a female praying mantis in action though...

Sorry for off topic btw.

I like the scene between Gendry and Mel, tbh. I meant, despite everything, it kinda made sense.

What I didn't like about it, and I'll put it in spoilers because this isn't the place for debate, is that

I read some tumblr's reviews of season 3 and 4 of the show (kinda in a humorous way) and they were completely and totally against the idea of even discuss the infamous scene between J and C, but this scene, they were completely ok with it, even taking it lightly and funny, when Mel completely violated Gendry, and abused him. It's like the show tried to lighten up the scene with Carice' gratuitous nudity.

Archived