EW Reveals Season 4 Posters

Westeros

Going by the trailers, it seems like they are going to show a lot of the wildling side of things and in particular Ygritte this season (and boy, does she look angry), and Tormund is with her in almost every scene; they seem to be raiding together, and I think we can expect quite a few conversations between the two of them regarding one Jon Snow. Ciaran Hinds will probably continue being a guest star, and won’t have many more appearances than in the book. There should be more of him next season.

Sandor’s poster looks very photoshopped, and his head has a very weird shape as a result. But I approve of the apparent decision to emphasize his scars more (in previous seasons, they often shot him from the healthy side of his face or covered the scars with hair – and I think that they also didn’t look this bad since the pilot) – hopefully this means there’s also going to be more of a focus on how he got them, and on his emotional scars.

Tormund is an interesting choice. I mean I love Tormund but, he doesn't really need a poster. I would have given Mance one (because I would have given Mance a bigger role) and Stannis of course.

Tormund is an interesting choice. I mean I love Tormund but, he doesn't really need a poster. I would have given Mance one (because I would have given Mance a bigger role) and Stannis of course.

Well if he gets more focus this season that he did in the book, then Tormund having a poster makes perfect sense.

Well if he gets more focus this season that he did in the book, then Tormund having a poster makes perfect sense.

Well I can't really complain about him getting more screen time for Tormund, though I'd rather that screen time was focused less on D+D's wild inventions and more you know...the source material.

I'm loving the Oberyn poster... he looks at you like he's inviting you to his bed.

Here are all of them - http://littlesati.tumblr.com/post/77837751185

I really cannot believe Stannis and Melisandre didn't get one.

I find the posters very appealing, but I'm really missing a Stannis or Davos poster. :/

I keeping my hopes high about them. It's not even March.

The marketing this year has been... odd to say the least. First we get a few clips of season 4 in the HBO special video, then we get a few vines of the trailer, then we get a teaser trailer for the trailer, then we get the actual trailer. And now we have these character posters... again. We already had character posters last year, so I'm a bit disappointed, that they're doing the same thing. I don't agree at all with having Daenerys as the main poster child. This year the best stuff is going to happen in King's Landing and at the Wall, so Jon or Tyrion wold have been the better choice. Also I don't agree with using Valar Morghulis as the catchphrase of this season. It was the phrase of S02E10, and it should have stayed that way. It should have been something, that was first uttered during the events of the coming season.

These posters all look amazing but I'm really hoping they have a Stannis poster. He is one of the main characters (1 out of the 2 Kings left in the 'game of Thrones'). How can they give Tormund a poster and not Stannis?

I usually think Stannis fans over exaggerate the shows poor portrayal of him but not giving him a poster speaks volumes. At least Melisandre got one in Season 3 (representing Team Dragonstone).

These posters all look amazing but I'm really hoping they have a Stannis poster. He is one of the main characters (1 out of the 2 Kings left in the 'game of Thrones'). How can they give Tormund a poster and not Stannis?

I usually think Stannis fans over exaggerate the shows poor portrayal of him but not giving him a poster speaks volumes. At least Melisandre got one in Season 3 (representing Team Dragonstone).

I think the posters we got today are "It", so to speak. There won't be anymore posts after these. It seems odd not to feature anyone from team Dragonstone, but then again, Stannis might not have such a big appearance this season. Though that raises questions about Tormund's poster, really. Especially considering Roose/Ramsay, Theon, Stannis or Varys could really use one.

The marketing this year has been... odd to say the least. First we get a few clips of season 4 in the HBO special video, then we get a few vines of the trailer, then we get a teaser trailer for the trailer, then we get the actual trailer. And now we have these character posters... again. We already had character posters last year, so I'm a bit disappointed, that they're doing the same thing. I don't agree at all with having Daenerys as the main poster child. This year the best stuff is going to happen in King's Landing and at the Wall, so Jon or Tyrion wold have been the better choice. Also I don't agree with using Valar Morghulis as the catchphrase of this season. It was the phrase of S02E10, and it should have stayed that way. It should have been something, that was first uttered during the events of the coming season.

"The main poster child" is always going to be the character with the strongest audience reception, regardless of whatever TV show it is. It's the smartest decision from a marketing perspective.

And personally I think "Valar Morghulis" is definitely appropriate for the last third of ASoS!

The Game of Thrones twitter feed now has all the Stark, Lannister, Dany, and Jorah posters. As well as ones for Littlefinger, Ygritte, Margaery, Brienne, Sandor, Oberyn, and Tormund,

Love, love, LOVE those posters! Particularly the Stark ones. Notice how every Stark looks to the right, except for Arya? So much for the lone wolf...

I see a lot of people here think that Mance should have gotten a poster and not Tormund. I don't really see why. Personally, I always found Mance perfectly forgettable.

Archived