Rickon Stark, what are they going to do?

FranklynFowler

I was just reading the cast list for season 4 and i Saw rickon as one of the characters.

In the TV SERIES the last we see of him is right before bran, hodor and the reeds head to the wall and Osha and Rickon go off in their own way.

In the BOOKS we last see rickon in A Clash of KIngs back a Winterfell and we don't see him again.

So what role can they possibly give him if there's no story to tell yet??

A DANCE WITH DRAGONS SPOILER

It's hinted that he's gone to Skagos, but other than that fact we know nothing of what, why, how or what happens when Davos goes hunting for him. Also Davos's story in the tv series is nowhere near that point. at the very earliest Manderly could send him off at the end of this season but definitely not in time to glimpse rickon.

I was just reading the cast list for season 4 and i Saw rickon as one of the characters.

In the TV SERIES the last we see of him is right before bran, hodor and the reeds head to the wall and Osha and Rickon go off in their own way.

In the BOOKS we last see rickon in A Clash of KIngs back a Winterfell and we don't see him again.

So what role can they possibly give him if there's no story to tell yet??

A DANCE WITH DRAGONS SPOILER

It's hinted that he's gone to Skagos, but other than that fact we know nothing of what, why, how or what happens when Davos goes hunting for him. Also Davos's story in the tv series is nowhere near that point. at the very earliest Manderly could send him off at the end of this season but definitely not in time to glimpse rickon.

well Osha is with him, so the writers will give them something to work on. Probabily we will see the journey to Skagos.

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt they will recast him. He's not like Tommen who at the time was barely recognised for a few scenes. Rickon had some importance and dialogue along with Bran.

For instance, the kid playing Sweet Robin is returning, I think.

Here he's back in season 1: http://www.gameofthronesbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Catelyn-Stark-with-Lysa-and-Robin-Arryn-house-stark-24506675-1024-576.png

He looks like this now: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4186297088/nm2996220?ref_=nmmi_mi_all_pbl_1

• 2 weeks later...

I think they'll give him a miss this season, but Season 5 could well include Davos' adventures in Skaagos.

doubt davos will see skagos until season 6. I think given the fact he is probably around the wall at episode 9, he wont set off at least till the end of season 4, they might let him take a while to get to white harbour, and even if they dont i think they will have him supposedly killed off for at least half of the season before they reveal he isnt dead, since its an easy way not to include unnecessary scenes just to remind the audience he is there.

This is a plot with relatively little in it, so they are more likely to spread it out over a season with less scenes, however, I could be wrong as it also has to run parallel to the Battle of Winterfell storyline, which, especially given Roose's appearance back in the North this season, looks as though it is moving a lot quicker than the Stannis/Davos storyline is, so I reckon that we will at least see some of the build up to the Battle of Winterfell in S5. Obviously, this means Wyman Manderly can only stay in White Harbour for so long (unless the writers come up with a way around this) so he will need to tell Davos to hop over to Skagos reasonably early in S5

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Rickon was recast because the current one didn't have the acting chops?

The old one was only ever cast as a recurring extra.

If not for his goodbye scene with Bran I don't think a recast somewhere down the track would be a big issue, but the young fellow knocked it out of the park in that scene.

Otoh, GRRM has said he is reconsidering Rickon and Osha and will likely give them more of a story going forward than he had planned. If that is the case then a return may be a couple of seasons away and a recast won't really be that big of an issue.

The old one was only ever cast as a recurring extra.

If not for his goodbye scene with Bran I don't think a recast somewhere down the track would be a big issue, but the young fellow knocked it out of the park in that scene.

Otoh, GRRM has said he is reconsidering Rickon and Osha and will likely give them more of a story going forward than he had planned. If that is the case then a return may be a couple of seasons away and a recast won't really be that big of an issue.

That was such a sweet scene, wasn't it? Really wasn't expecting a goodbye like that, but it hit me right in the feels.

remember that Roose sends his hunter after them ....perhaps he gets close to finding rickon on his way to the umbers.....maybe the Hunter meets a cruel fate .....just as the mountain dishes out to the goat......remember the Great John is still a captive at the twins....and they remember the gbolton treachery

Archived