Dany's Problem: Hizdahr

Night's_King

Leave Meereen to Hizdahr. All opposition to her rule stopped when she married him. If they want him as king, by all means take him. She can collect her freemen and anyone else that wants to go with her and take ship.

Idk if she could realistically take all the freed slaves with her. Vic's bringing her less than 100 ships, it won't be enough for her Unsullied and sellswords. Unless they just don't all come at once.

Leave Meereen to Hizdahr. All opposition to her rule stopped when she married him. If they want him as king, by all means take him. She can collect her freemen and anyone else that wants to go with her and take ship.

A married queen arriving in Westeros to claim her throne, with the husband absent and no chance of ever birthing heirs? I didn't knew that to be possible, but this may be a worse situation to gather loyalists than bringing Hizdahr over and letting him handle everything.

A married queen arriving in Westeros to claim her throne, with the husband absent and no chance of ever birthing heirs? I didn't knew that to be possible, but this may be a worse situation to gather loyalists than bringing Hizdahr over and letting him handle everything.

Also, as Victarion says, this is solved by making her a widow.

There's a fairly long lineup to do so. Jorah, Daario, Victarion ... and more to come I'm sure.

Killed by Victarion is my bet.

Victarion will chop him in half.

:agree:

One of Victarion's POV is called Iron Suitor and Dany has urgent need of his axe.

Moqorro had seen that in his fires. He had seen the wench wed too, but what of it? She would not be the first woman Victarion Greyjoy had made a widow.

Idk if she could realistically take all the freed slaves with her. Vic's bringing her less than 100 ships, it won't be enough for her Unsullied and sellswords. Unless they just don't all come at once.

Victarion was bringing her ships and we have tons of ships arriving from Volantis to fight against her. Ships galore. All aboard.

A married Targaryen. She can have Hizdahr, Jon and Aegon. The dragon has three heads and three baby daddies, know what I'm saying? And if it's true she had a miscarriage then her womb is good to go.

ETA: I say leave Hizdahr behind because it seems there are secret powers that want him to be king and the old great/good masters out. If they want him, let them have him.

Victarion was bringing her ships and we have tons of ships arriving from Volantis to fight against her. Ships galore. All aboard.

They won't suffice. Yes, the Unsullied could be fit onto them, maybe a couple thousand sellswords as well, but that still leaves several hundred thousand behind. Without protection.

A married Targaryen. She can have Hizdahr, Jon and Aegon. The dragon has three heads and three baby daddies, know what I'm saying? And if it's true she had a miscarriage then her womb is good to go.

That may be her idea - and a surefire way to go up against the Faith and the macho-like society of Westeros both.

ETA: I say leave Hizdahr behind because it seems there are secret powers that want him to be king and the old great/good masters out. If they want him, let them have him.

It's a reasonable plan for Meereen, but disaster for her PR in Westeros.

1. They will suffice.

2. "That may be her idea"? Since when? She seems intent on returning to Meereen to rule in a whole new fashion. And seems likely Hizdahr will die. Victarion is intent on killing him. This is what I would do if I were her.

3. PR disaster. Right. No one is going to care.

1. They will suffice.

~70 ships from Victarion, ~400 ships from Volantis, probably the same from everywhere else together. And that's assuming no losses while taking them over.

Compared to let's call it 500,000 Freedmen (lower limit!). Five hundred people per (wars-)ship? Excluding the crew? Not gonna happen.

2. "That may be her idea"? Since when? She seems intent on returning to Meereen to rule in a whole new fashion. And seems likely Hizdahr will die. Victarion is intent on killing him. This is what I would do if I were her.

Just a stab at Dany's history of PR disasters.

3. PR disaster. Right. No one is going to care.

Except anybody believing in the Faith's doctrine, the Old God's doctrine, common Westerosi culture, a misogynistic worldview or... literally anybody in Westeros fits one or more of these groups.

From Pentos or one of the other cities at the west coast of Essos, leaving several hundred thousand to a few million people behind to die in (civil) war, the odd massacre or be enslaved worse than ever.

First she will sack Volantis and massacre the Old Blood. Later, she will turn her eyes to Pentos, where slavery exists except a name. Remember Pentos and Braavos signed a pact by which Braavos aided Pentos and in return slavery was made illegal in Pentos. Tyrion noted how he knew Braavosi tongue a little. I think Tyrion/Dany may ally with Braavos.

First she will sack Volantis and massacre the Old Blood. Later, she will turn her eyes to Pentos, where slavery exists except a name. Remember Pentos and Braavos signed a pact by which Braavos aided Pentos and in return slavery was made illegal in Pentos. Tyrion noted how he knew Braavosi tongue a little. I think Tyrion/Dany may ally with Braavos.

Barristan promised Pentos to the Tattered Prince. On the other hand, Braavos has chosen Stannis. And detests dragons.

Either way, Dany's way west will be seamed by mass graves. Both her enemies and her freedmen will die in the hundreds of thousands.

Barristan promised Pentos to the Tattered Prince. On the other hand, Braavos has chosen Stannis. And detests dragons.

Either way, Dany's way west will be seamed by mass graves. Both her enemies and her freedmen will die in the hundreds of thousands.

I agree on the Braavos front. Braavos knows about the Dragons yet they decided to support Stannis' cause. They are not going to turn to the one with Dragons.

Fully agreed.

My guess is that most freedmen will be left in Meereen, under the loving care of the Shavepate.

Her military forces will converge on Volantis by land and sea. I think the bloodshed will match Genghis Khan's invasion of central Asia.

I think Hizdahr will be the "corpse tied to the prow of a ship" from the visions of the HotU, maybe after Vic kills him and decides to show it off by displaying it on his ship, or some similar kind of Ironborn nonsense

I couldn't agree more.

Archived