What did you learn today?

Littlefingers In The Air

I learned, in the course of doing a refresher on CPR for my first aid certification, that the correct pacing of compressions during CPR is to the beat of "ah, ah, ah, ah, staying alive".

Haha, that is awesome. I'm certified -- though I could use a refresher -- but never had a handy mnemonic like that before.

Today I learnt that I can piss without aiming . Masterful performance if I do say so myself :smug:

Shooting from the hip, a time-honored skill.

I learned, in the course of doing a refresher on CPR for my first aid certification, that the correct pacing of compressions during CPR is to the beat of "ah, ah, ah, ah, staying alive".

It also works with "Another one bites the dust", but it's probably not what you want to sing while doing CPR XD

MC stands for Master of Ceremonies! Good lord, how have I only just figured that one out.

By looking through the 'my content' section of my profile, I have seen that I seem to have an uncanny knack of killing threads.

ETA:

the house I grew up in has been torn down. Kind of sad, really. It was a small, multi-family home with almost no yard, but we were mostly happy there.

Gosh, that is sad news. I sometimes like to drive by my childhood home to rekindle some memories.

As a client of Robert Half, I have access to over 8000 courses on the internet (starting a basic accounting class tomorrow)

Although I first leaned about it a week and a half ago, I finally explored "Eversnap.com" and uploaded the pictures I took at my friend's wedding. This is actually mostly about an app so that people who take pictures at weddings with their smart phones and they automatically upload. It's pretty cool (but also results in some blurry and so-so pictures) I guess this is the modern version of what we did at our wedding by having a bunch of disposable cameras on the tables at our wedding)

I am a lazy non-ambitious person and I am ashamed of it. If I ever look back on this period of my life, I will probably say that it was during this period that I ruined my entire life while no one else is to blame but me. But this is something I learn everyday over and over again, so perhaps it doesn't count.

Finished my Lindy 1 class. Danced it up last night and crushed it! So much fun, and very happy with what I've learned and feeling like I can actually Lindy hop.

Still in the midst of a West Coast class and I have a ballroom lesson this week. Lindy 2 starts in two weeks. Lindy 500 this weekend. My body is going to be a wreck by the end.

• 2 weeks later...

I learned this day before yesterday, but it is still haunting me.

What, you ask, could haunt Elder Sister and keep her up at night? Well, let me just tell you.

Mr. ES and I purchased a Roomba about a month ago. I have been running it 4-5 days a week, and am horror struck at the crap it's vacuuming off of my floors. We have been living in SQUALOR. Do you hear me? SQUALOR.

On Tuesday, the Roomba vacuumed up the dessicated husk of a lizard.

I suck as a housekeeper. I 'thought' I was better than this, but apparently not.

Archived