Opinion of Aegon

The Fresh PtwP

Personally I think Aegon is going to get too full of himself too quickly. His sheltered upbringing will perhaps be his downfall, he does not seem to think the way Varys suggests he does to Kevin, I believe he does view kingship as his right and that an inexperienced teenager who is crowned king then leads a successful attack on a nearly impregnable castle will get cocky fast.

I think that he's going to be a cocky little shit and that he definitely is being set up to be the ideal king the perfect prince. The problem that perfect and ideal only work in children's fairy tells and singers songs. The only people that believe in such are children young girls and fools and I could make a very strong case that all three are one in the same. Anything that looks too good to be true is always set up that way for a very bad and nasty fall.

Aegon is going to get an even bigger head after his stroke of brilliant luck with Storm's end. He's already full of himself because of his getting the Golden Company to march west with out the aid of dragons nor the marriage of the silver queen the would legitimize him in the eyes of the world. Only to get worse when Adrianne gets to Storm's End and they meet. HE's definetly her type pretty with the reputation of being a fighter and he's educated while coming from an ancient line. She's going to have his head so twisted around it's not even going to be funny. Then he meets the little slut Mageraty. She's going to be whisphering in his ear about how her family can field 100,000 men where as the Martells who are related to him by birth owe him their swords for that reason alone that she would be a much better match and that their family can help him conquer the West giving him access to vast amounts of wealth. That way he's not dependent on the wealth of the cheesemonger nor that of the spider. HE could be his own man. With the wealth of house lannister at his hand he could feed the realm and still finance any military campaign he wants. Take Casterly Rock and he will have truly lived up to his namesake and his a conquer indeed.

Aegon strikes me as a man that doesn't know his own mind. That's a dangerous thing in a king that has to relies do deeply on the advice of others. Who's to say that they aren't twisting or shaping their advice for their own terms. He spent his youth listening to the advice of Jon and that of Lemore. While on the cusp of him taking the throne he meets Tyrion and he tells him to mistrust all. He seems like the type of lad that takes advice to heart. HE's going to end his days like dany in a pad cell seeing swords in every shadow and suspicion in every man woman's eyes. All that mistrust will sour his belly and keep him lying awake in the black of night.

Yet he will have reason to be mistrustful, his younger and more world cousin or brother depending on who you talk to is always going to be a threat to his throne. Or his aunt if he doesn't make common cause with her. Jon who has something that Aegon will never have. A name even though it's a bastards name he's been recognized by the entire realm as Ned Starks bastard. He's the right age to be the long lost younger brother of the boy who got his little royal brains dashed out against a wall. He has a visible mark of being a stark even if he's not trueborn to the male line of the house he still has a direwolf prowling at his heels. Where as Aegon doesn't have even a dragon. If he does get a dragon he will get it at the hands of his aunt.

To sum it all up Aegon's days are numbered.

I think that he's going to be a cocky little shit and that he definitely is being set up to be the ideal king the perfect prince. The problem that perfect and ideal only work in children's fairy tells and singers songs. The only people that believe in such are children young girls and fools and I could make a very strong case that all three are one in the same. Anything that looks too good to be true is always set up that way for a very bad and nasty fall.

Aegon is going to get an even bigger head after his stroke of brilliant luck with Storm's end. He's already full of himself because of his getting the Golden Company to march west with out the aid of dragons nor the marriage of the silver queen the would legitimize him in the eyes of the world. Only to get worse when Adrianne gets to Storm's End and they meet. HE's definetly her type pretty with the reputation of being a fighter and he's educated while coming from an ancient line. She's going to have his head so twisted around it's not even going to be funny. Then he meets the little slut Mageraty. She's going to be whisphering in his ear about how her family can field 100,000 men where as the Martells who are related to him by birth owe him their swords for that reason alone that she would be a much better match and that their family can help him conquer the West giving him access to vast amounts of wealth. That way he's not dependent on the wealth of the cheesemonger nor that of the spider. HE could be his own man. With the wealth of house lannister at his hand he could feed the realm and still finance any military campaign he wants. Take Casterly Rock and he will have truly lived up to his namesake and his a conquer indeed.

Aegon strikes me as a man that doesn't know his own mind. That's a dangerous thing in a king that has to relies do deeply on the advice of others. Who's to say that they aren't twisting or shaping their advice for their own terms. He spent his youth listening to the advice of Jon and that of Lemore. While on the cusp of him taking the throne he meets Tyrion and he tells him to mistrust all. He seems like the type of lad that takes advice to heart. HE's going to end his days like dany in a pad cell seeing swords in every shadow and suspicion in every man woman's eyes. All that mistrust will sour his belly and keep him lying awake in the black of night.

Yet he will have reason to be mistrustful, his younger and more world cousin or brother depending on who you talk to is always going to be a threat to his throne. Or his aunt if he doesn't make common cause with her. Jon who has something that Aegon will never have. A name even though it's a bastards name he's been recognized by the entire realm as Ned Starks bastard. He's the right age to be the long lost younger brother of the boy who got is little royal brains dashed out against a wall. He has a visible mark of being a stark even if he's not trueborn to the male line of the house he still has a direwolf prowling at his heels. Where as Aegon doesn't have even a dragon. If he does get a dragon he will get it at the hands of his aunt.

To sum it all up Aegon's days are numbered.

Aegon's does not need Dany to win so how is to big of himself? He was right to listen Tyrion going to Dany would have been a huge risk on their men and he does make his own decisions like naming Duck a kingsguard. I don't understand how taking the most defendable castle in the world is not an accomplishment. Who needs dragons when you can kill lions and have griffin? He knows when to make orders and to listen like leading the assault or waiting at the end of he GC brainstorm of how to get to Dany to bring up the assault on Westeros.

Then he meets the little slut Mageraty.

That's a car every boy would love to ride.

Aeron can be the one uniting the Reach and Dorne under his command, one for blood, the other by marriage. If... Margaery becomes a widow once again. Tyrells and Martells might hate each other, but they all hate the Lannisters, specially if Margaery is somehow hurt by the faith because of Cersei (or anybody here doubts that they know Cersei had something to do with it?)

To quote my friend who just met him in the books recently: "YOUNG GRIFF IS SO CUTE AJHDFJSFJDGDFGH"

That was pretty much my reaction to him... I think I have a lot in common with Arianne when it comes to pretty (fictional) boys. :lol:

But mostly what Bright Blue Eyes said. I think people blow the cyvasse thing way out of proportion. The rest of Tyrion's time with him, he seemed like a perfectly nice kid. I hope he doesn't die, but he probably will. :(

I read somewhere that he's really is a Targaryan because you could see the madness within during the cyvasse incident.

And yet you mention Dany tortured two innocent girls and " Oh ever sane person does that."

i'm not saying that taking the most defensible castle in the realm isn't something to be proud of but the plan wasn't his in the first place. Jon Con whom has actual seen Storms End before and as the Baratheons are his liege lord house it stands to reason that he might have spent some time in the castle. Do I think he would know secret passages or anything like no. But his time in exile has given him time to plan this campaign a 100 different ways. When Jon made the plan it wasn't his initial idea to have the prince involved. Not to mention that before they even had this meeting he kept Jon waiting for the better part of the morning. A king isn't summoned like some dog but comes when he wants is almost the message that he's tring to give to Jon. That he(aegon) isn't Jon's to command anymore if that's not some cocky shit I don't know what is.

The whole idea of Aegon marrying his aunt is because first and foremost is that she has dragons. Men will see her and her dragons and wonder why A)he doesn't have a dragon if he's a Targ B) their marriage would solidify in the realms mind that he is who he say he is. She as the last of the known westeros Targs taking him as her consort is saying that he's the legitimate heir to the throne. By him forsaking that protection while it's a bold stroke it may prove to be his undoing or lead to rebells and revolt who don't see him as anything as a pretender to the throne because unlike Jon he doesn't have the word of an honest man raising him and being shown through out part of the country as a bastard. Even though as Jon is a bastard what makes him so important is he's a recognized bastard. He has the word of a Stark which goes a long way in the north. The north loves the Starks and when the truth comes out the men of the north will stream to his banner because he's the first the Young Wolf's heir to the throne, second and most importantly he's the right age to be an actual heir of Rheagar and Lyanna.

Oh I definitely agree that that Aegon is going to reconcile the Reach and Dorne and I think the hostility this generation is greatly inflated for political purposes. Making Aegon the heir to the Green's party from the TPATQ while his heritage makes him heir to the black dragon because depending on who's word you believe he's a blackfrye or born from a bastard branch of the family from Aerion Brightflame. Making him the figure head of the black and green parties respectively. Marry him to Dany or they make common cause with her riding a black dragon Balerion come again (but still the reverse of the Targ banners a black dragon on a red field) It ties into the whole black and green tying their lines together for the next round of dance of dragons.

And yet you mention Dany tortured two innocent girls and " Oh ever sane person does that."

If anybody thinks that Dany is crazy for how she had been "managing" stuff, that's ok. I might not believe it but it is still a good reason. Getting mad after losing a game isn't. Otherwise, you should come to one of our family Monopoly nights. You'd think we all are secret Targaryen.

If anybody thinks that Dany is crazy for how she had been "managing" stuff, that's ok. I might not believe it but it is still a good reason. Getting mad after losing a game isn't. Otherwise, you should come to one of our family Monopoly nights. You'd think we all are secret Targaryen.

Agreed. Although, i also don't believe in Dany going mad. Will she be lot less nice? Sure.

I think Aegon is meant to be an example of "nuture." Varys makes that clear. Raised and trained since birth as the blah blah blahest.

His greatest opponent will be the paradigm of "nature"... place your bets who that might be.

(not making a case of Aegon being Rhaegon, Blaegon or Faegon, FTR).

Archived