NBC's Hannibal II: A Hollow Drumming of Wings [SPOILERS]

Anatúrinbor

I love how in the middle of a murder scene Hannibal stops to pet a sheep. And now "is your social worker in that horse?" is an actual line on television...not to forget the in context comment "you'd better crawl back in there if you know what's good for you."

Buaahahaha the Hannigram was off the charts. They're practically murder husbands.

Apparently the bird that flew out was a starling. Love the reference :)

That's pretty good.

Enjoyed the episode. There's some very disturbed people writing this show to keep coming up with bizarre murders.

I like how Will is now telling Hannibal to his face that he is still on to him and Hannibal is cool with that. I also like the lines about creating a different Will and being intrigued as to what he now is.

Hannibal's interviews with Margot seemed somewhat disconnected but I'm assuming it's Margot Verger and that the brother she's talking about is Mason Verger? The actress is quite a departure from the book's "lesbian bodybuilder" but I'm not complaining about who they went with. Besides, everyone and everything in this show has to fit a certain version of beauty.

That's pretty good.

Enjoyed the episode. There's some very disturbed people writing this show to keep coming up with bizarre murders.

I like how Will is now telling Hannibal to his face that he is still on to him and Hannibal is cool with that. I also like the lines about creating a different Will and being intrigued as to what he now is.

Hannibal's interviews with Margot seemed somewhat disconnected but I'm assuming it's Margot Verger and that the brother she's talking about is Mason Verger? The actress is quite a departure from the book's "lesbian bodybuilder" but I'm not complaining about who they went with. Besides, everyone and everything in this show has to fit a certain version of beauty.

This a Margot at a younger age than the one from the books so maybe she takes up bodybuilding later on in life. But you're right as well I suppose about the aesthetic of the show. The actress certainly fits it.

Bryan Fuller talks about the changes to Margot Verger in this week's AVClub walkthrough. Basically he didn't like the portrayal with the implication that she's a lesbian bodybuilder because of Verger's abuse and took the whole character in a different direction (which is great, because I didn't like the Vergers at all in the book).

I went on a binge read of all four books and had to stop in Hannibal Rising because it was Hannibal Rising.

So much of the books has been cannibalized for the show that they're going to have to retool Francis Dolarhyde and Jame Gumb (and probably the entirety of Red Dragon in general) entirely to make it fit the show and not appear pathetic in the face of what happened before.

This show is the one I get most excited about watching on TV. It's just too much fun, though today I made the mistake of eating chicken while I watched it.

I don't know if anyone follows the show's official tumblr but it's pretty entertaining.

I am worried they're going to kill of Jack Crawford. Because really, how else can it go? He's in there, fighting with Hannibal, clearly thinks Hannibal's the killer. Problem is, if he survives, he wins, and Hannibal gets locked up. But that's not scheduled to happen for like, two seasons? So he's got to die.

I'll give the writers the benefit of the doubt about the flash forward. Most likely Jack will die, or Hannibal will be locked up. Those are the two reasonable outcomes. But the writers are amazingly adept at making crazy outcomes believable. The fact that Will is following Hannibal around and tried to murder someone only for Hannibal to stop him seems absurd, but the lines fit the dots in hindsight.

I could not get over hannibal+will. They have such great chemistry, they are beautiful to watch together. Hannibal's words to Will about growing out of the cocoon were absolutely haunting. Will has him where he wants him, can he withstand the whispers?

Meanwhile, the moment Will asked the bird-guy if he had a shadow was one of the most intense moments in this series for me. I was convinced for a second that there was a 'shadow' in the room with me. I really like that actor, I've seen him in a few things 'he was Faraday in Lost', and he is good at being a neurotic weirdo. Or badly damaged.

Damn good episode.

Who says Hannibal being found out at the end of this season would be ahead of schedule? If 4 is meant to be Red Dragon as we're told, then there's no reason why he can't have been in for at least a bit by the start of it. So if he goes on the run then you can spend a few episodes with him on the run or something then the rest of the season on the procedure of getting him away and finding out the extent of his crime.

And I have to say I'm firmly with Datepalm now- there's a lot more romantic tension and chemistry between Will and Hannibal than Hannibal and Alana.

This a Margot at a younger age than the one from the books so maybe she takes up bodybuilding later on in life. But you're right as well I suppose about the aesthetic of the show. The actress certainly fits it.

That would make sense although the link polishgenius gave suggests it wont play out that way. I appreciate Fuller's reason for doing so wrt linking homosexuality/transgenderism to sexual abuse as a minor. It still coveniently fits with the shows aesthetic though :)

I am worried they're going to kill of Jack Crawford. Because really, how else can it go? He's in there, fighting with Hannibal, clearly thinks Hannibal's the killer. Problem is, if he survives, he wins, and Hannibal gets locked up. But that's not scheduled to happen for like, two seasons? So he's got to die.

I am more for the Hannibal get locked, Jack is a main character and I have hard time seeing him die now especialy with Hannibal being free. I also don't see why Hannibal can't be locked at the end of the season. Hannibal could also escape and be in the run, like Polishgenius said.

Really hoping Jack don't die.

I think they do have the rights to Silence of the Lambs or at least could do something similar. They have a 7 season arc planned (who knows if they will get close to that) and have said they will have seasons dedicated to Red Dragon and SotL.

Ah my bad.

If a character was introduced in “Red Dragon” or “Hannibal,” we have full access to them. If they were introduced in “The Silence of the Lambs,” MGM has full access to them.

So that means no Clarice Starling but Silence of the Lambs indeed.

Bizarrely, Clarice Starling gets her own show on Lifetime but since MGM doesn't own the rights to the Hannibal character, he won't appear in that show.

They don't have the rights to Silence of the Lambs but are negotiating. If they were to get that far and not get them back before then, they'll approximate, I guess.

Also, "Is your social worker in that horse?" has become the best line seen on television for quite some time...

They don't have the rights to Silence of the Lambs but are negotiating. If they were to get that far and not get them back before then, they'll approximate, I guess.

Also, "Is your social worker in that horse?" has become the best line seen on television for quite some time...

That's really odd how MGM owns silence of the lambs. More odd is the fact they don't own the others or is that just because Harris became more successful off the film and could negotiate a better deal for the sequels?

In a weird way they could fairly easily circumvent Silence of the lambs. They could keep Will in the show (seems likely given he's the co-star) or use another character like they have with the one armed girl, The killer can easily be replaced, The only issue is whether they can allow Hannibal to escape in the same way he did in the film. I'm sure they can't own "escapes from prison".

That's really odd how MGM owns silence of the lambs. More odd is the fact they don't own the others or is that just because Harris became more successful off the film and could negotiate a better deal for the sequels?

In a weird way they could fairly easily circumvent Silence of the lambs. They could keep Will in the show (seems likely given he's the co-star) or use another character like they have with the one armed girl, The killer can easily be replaced, The only issue is whether they can allow Hannibal to escape in the same way he did in the film. I'm sure they can't own "escapes from prison".

As long as the season ends on "I'm having an old friend for dinner" :D

I think they will get around even without the rigth but to tell the truth we don't even know if the show is going to be renewed for season 3. :unsure:

I think they will get around even without the rigth but to tell the truth we don't even know if the show is going to be renewed for season 3. :unsure:

That is by far the bigger worry. Shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. I haven't seen in depth ratings but the first episode was a lot stronger than the end of season 1 but still down on the pilot episode. The numbers aren't staggering either but if they stay above 2 million it may be safe as it is on a Friday and is critically acclaimed.

Archived