True Detective Thread VII... or is it Thread I? Time is a circle

Howdyphillip

The True Detective Glossary.

------------------------------

On the topic of unreliable narrators, has this been discussed here regarding the dolls scene with Marty's daughters? Note that this episode is called 'Seeing things'.

I think it's probable that this scene (which is often used to theorize about Audrey being a victim of the cult) only existed in Marty's head.

The True Detective Glossary.

------------------------------

On the topic of unreliable narrators, has this been discussed here regarding the dolls scene with Marty's daughters? Note that this episode is called 'Seeing things'.

I think it's probable that this scene (which is often used to theorize about Audrey being a victim of the cult) only existed in Marty's head.

Yeah I was wondering about that too.

But he didn't imagine the drawings Audrey made.

I don't think he imagined the doll scene, either.

But Maise had the doll in her hand so Audrey wouldn't be able to have it kneel between the Barbie's legs?

Ah, time to go rewatch....will let y'all know.

Counting the hours .....

Oh, aren't the oscars tomorrow? how dare they air opposite True Detective?

I realized this like two days ago and will be DVRing the Oscars. I can watch the first half hour before TD, then catch up on the Oscars. It is still very inconvenient for me as I love the Oscars, but this new episode of TD occurs only once in our lifetime, or are we destined to watch it again and again.?

So I actually don't think those dolls were there anymore.

This link Great Ruiner mentioned before shows that Audrey was sitting where those dolls would've been, and the blankets seem to magically move as well.

Maise actually holds the kneeling male doll in her hand and appears to put it away. Even assuming Maise leaves it on the ground Audrey would have to take the doll and put in place but she seems to be getting up before Maise does.

eta: I rewound and watched it a few times. The light pink blanket does seem to shift.

I realized this like two days ago and will be DVRing the Oscars. I can watch the first half hour before TD, then catch up on the Oscars. It is still very inconvenient for me as I love the Oscars, but this new episode of TD occurs only once in our lifetime, or are we destined to watch it again and again.?

I feel the same about the Oscars, Baitac. And like you, True Detective must come first. Whether time is a circle or not, I am destined to rewatch TD again and again.

So I actually don't think those dolls were there anymore.

This link Great Ruiner mentioned before shows that Audrey was sitting where those dolls would've been, and the blankets seem to magically move as well.

Maise actually holds the kneeling male doll in her hand and appears to put it away. Even assuming Maise leaves it on the ground Audrey would have to take the doll and put in place but she seems to be getting up before Maise does.

eta: I rewound and watched it a few times. The light pink blanket does seem to shift.

Many of us have predicted that Audrey is the daughter abused - because of these dolls, the drawings, and the teenage sex. But what if the abused is actually Maise? What if Maise is the daughter who placed the male doll in the white shirt between the legs of the naked female doll? Possible? Or maybe both girls have been abused?

Regardless, the more I think about it the less likely I believe Maggie to be somehow complicit in whatever the cult or abuse is all about.

I feel the same about the Oscars, Baitac. And like you, True Detective must come first. Whether time is a circle or not, I am destined to rewatch TD again and again.

Many of us have predicted that Audrey is the daughter abused - because of these dolls, the drawings, and the teenage sex. But what if the abused is actually Maise? What if Maise is the daughter who placed the male doll in the white shirt between the legs of the naked female doll? Possible? Or maybe both girls have been abused?

Regardless, the more I think about it the less likely I believe Maggie to be somehow complicit in whatever the cult or abuse is all about.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't Audrey. Ep 1 I think it was, when Magie's father is speaking with Hart he says something like "world's going mad, girls going around having sex, white faces and wearing black etc" That's pretty much exactly how 2002 Audrey is portrayed so there's probably something in that.

There's an interview with some actual philosopher with views similar to Cohle's here that I found quite interesting.

Thanks. Hm, I might actually have to finish Ligotti now. Started both Conspiracy and Teatro Grotesco and couldn't finish them, even though he should be right up my alley. I suppose there's only so much that even I can take.

Thanks. Hm, I might actually have to finish Ligotti now. Started both Conspiracy and Teatro Grotesco and couldn't finish them, even though he should be right up my alley. I suppose there's only so much that even I can take.

I have a feeling it won't satisfy you as a rebuttal to Ligotti's Conspiracy and the Cohle dialogues it inspires, but you might get something out of This Inscrutable Light: A Response to Thomas Ligotti’s “The Conspiracy Against the Human Race”, by Brandon H. Bell.

Archived