True Detective Thread VII... or is it Thread I? Time is a circle

Howdyphillip

I thought about expressing a similar sentiment. In Harrelson's defense - that's a really tough scene to act out. You're just sitting there reacting to a blurry home movie. I don't think his response was terrible but there was a palpable sense of acting to it.

Yeah - it's not really the kind of scene you want to get into the mindset of too much. The comedy meme surrounding the scene isn't going to help much either.

I think this guy has cracked the code (theoretical spoilers):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8zTSDFiI24&feature=share&app=desktop

Very well thought-out.

Am i the only one who jumped a little when he revealed who the "yellow king" was? I think it's more that split second "wtf" that got but the rest of it was just eerie. Funny too but mainly eerie for me. I swear, I should not click on any TD links at night as it always freaks me out.

by the way,

I have decided:

1. that whether Maggie and family is involved is irrelevant and will not be revealed other than what we've seen as a motif of allusion

2. the Lawnmower man has been acting on his own for years as a rogue

3. the Lawnmower man has been mowing other peoples lawns and you don't do that, Marty will kill him

4. the Lawnmower man is the tall man with scars

5. the Lawnmower man likes to talk with a British accent just because it is fun, NP uses this to demonstrate that in the South his actions are truly un-American

6. there will still be a Chinatown piece of the puzzle revealed:

but we may or may not even realize it , and I certainly am not gonna tell you here, even though I have figured it out

7. the show has been good, will be tough to maintain its momentum into another season over time and with different characters, would be best to just have Papania and partner be the focus of season 2

8. Rust is wrong. Without Marty there is no Cohle.

Of course since I have decided these things, it is possible to be wrong.

Archived