True Detective Thread VII... or is it Thread I? Time is a circle

Howdyphillip

I'd be surprised if it wasn't Audrey. Ep 1 I think it was, when Magie's father is speaking with Hart he says something like "world's going mad, girls going around having sex, white faces and wearing black etc" That's pretty much exactly how 2002 Audrey is portrayed so there's probably something in that.

I don't think there is anything there tbh. A teenager having sex and wearing weird makeup (mostly to annoy her father) is not an indication that she's been abused by a cult IMO. We have the drawings sure, but these also don't necessarily point in that direction. I would actually be surprised (and disappointed) if it turns out that either of Hart's daughter were abused by this cult.

Of course tonight's episode might prove me totally wrong...

I don't think there is anything there tbh. A teenager having sex and wearing weird makeup (mostly to annoy her father) is not an indication that she's been abused by a cult IMO. We have the drawings sure, but these also don't necessarily point in that direction. I would actually be surprised (and disappointed) if it turns out that either of Hart's daughter were abused by this cult.

Of course tonight's episode might prove me totally wrong...

i don't know...it makes sense, especially if you connect what marty's father in law (who might be the abuser) said about ''kids these days" sex and black makeup or whatever and then that's exactly how audrey turns out...

Don't know about all of you but right now:

I got my goggles and green earmuffs on.

Am cooking up a big bowl of spaghetti to eat during the show.

Got my 6 pack of Lone Star on ice and the directions on making tin men: http://i.imgur.com/YZq8BJ2.png

Put this on: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71vGaMrSLfL._SL1500_.jpg

and my homemade Iron Crusaders jacket

oh and I just got done mowing both my neighbors lawns - can't wait till they get home and realize

this is gonna rock ... I'll probably just stay this way all week till the finale

either that or I'm driving to Lousiana to help Rust and Marty look for Ginger

I'll pick up hitchhikers along the way if you're interested just wear a yellow tie and we'll talk religion and stuff all the way down there

Yeah TD is streets ahead. I won't derail the thread except to say that I really really hate GoT. I'm obviously biased and clearly can not be objective, but yeah.

I would just like to point out that you are white-bearded Ginger and can say what you want. However, you may get thrown in a ditch. But I will do what I can to help you.

Got my 6 pack of Lone Star on ice and the directions on making tin men: http://i.imgur.com/YZq8BJ2.png

oh and I just got done mowing both my neighbors lawns - can't wait till they get home and realize

this is gonna rock ... I'll probably just stay this way all week till the finale

I'll pick up hitchhikers along the way if you're interested just wear a yellow tie and we'll talk religion and stuff all the way down there

I know!!!! Am so excited. I cannot wait for 8pm.

Yeah TD is streets ahead. I won't derail the thread except to say that I really really hate GoT. I'm obviously biased and clearly can not be objective, but yeah.

Relic, on this we agree. Though there are some things about it I enjoy, so much enrages me.

As far as TD goes I sometimes wonder if it's as awesome as everyone makes it out to be. There are times where I feel like it's all Emperor's New Clothes but those moments are quickly washed away.

Hahahahahaha!

Excellent work old chum!

Will we ever find out what Rust did to make that department hate him so much? What happened to his daughter? Maybe it's all irrelevant in the scheme of things. I'm glad that the interrogators decided to check things out themselves.

Rust will die in crossfire. I will cry so very hard. :(

So this family tree of death seems to be Tuttle and Childress. And of course, the name of Childress also came up when Sheriff Steve Geraci said that a Childress was the one that talked to Marie Fontenot's family.

I have to admit I'm looking forward to seeing to what Marty and Rust do to ol's Steve.

Was hoping for a bit...more, I guess. Finding out Tuttle was flat-out guilty is awesome and all, but we're not that much closer to the resolution.

It was really great seeing Maggie and the daughters doing awesome. Especially in contrast to how shitty Marty and Rust's lives have been. Marty saying goodbye was also somewhat sweet, though not nearly as much as him thanking Maggie.

For a while I thought that the thing that Marty saw in the video was Beth getting ritually killed. Glad to see that's not the case, but man...ugh. Still, it's interesting; I had thought Rust would have all this info on the case. But he hasn't. He's barely scratched the surface. 8 years of wasting away in Alaska, deciding that he has to die with the slate cleared so he goes back. And two years where he still hasn't found next to anything.

I didn't think it was this case. In Marty's case, it had nothing to do with this case; it had to do with him being just a shithole of a human being who thinks he's doing what is right as a man.

I do like that this is quickly becoming a very basic story. There's very little to the Carcosa/whatever; it's people being horrible. We don't know why, but at some level it doesn't matter. Rust and Marty aren't in on the conspiracy. Maggie and the daughters likely aren't part of it either. Beth certainly isn't. While that might feel a bit mundane and a bit of a letdown, it's also significantly easier to wrap up and move on from. We don't need a grand unification of all events that happened. Things didn't all happen for a reason. Some shit was just random chance and bad luck.

Archived