George has released a NEW.......Paragraph!

Yeah, I remember that interview coming out last week.

When I read such interviews it makes me think that people are a little bit overreacting to the 7 season statement or that they are being a little bit over the top with statements of George's "delusion" (there are pages and pages complaining about this on the tv threads).

It's obvious the show makers are just doing this sort of thing bit by bit and have only a vague idea of how the future's really going to play out.

We also know that George and the HBO folks had a great meeting planning the next season. So, if George is really so far with his head and the sand it just still hasn't revealed itself to be a big issue yet. Maybe next season? I dunno. Why worry, I suppose.

“The cameo we had planned would’ve involved me going to Croatia,” he said, “and I just couldn’t find the time between all my other trips and my speaking engagements and the work I had to do to take off time to fly to Croatia.”

Doesn't mention anything about Winds being studiously on his mind or it being the reason he turned down the gig. Even if we assume "the work I had to do" includes Winds somewhere within it, looks like it's a lower priority behind other trips and speaking engagements.

I'd love to see him as Wyman Manderly though. He's too slim but they can put him in a fat suit.

Doesn't mention anything about Winds being studiously on his mind or it being the reason he turned down the gig. Even if we assume "the work I had to do" includes Winds somewhere within it, looks like it's a lower priority behind other trips and speaking engagements.

I'd love to see him as Wyman Manderly though. He's too slim but they can put him in a fat suit.

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day, I've always kinda pictured victarian as george, I know I know george is prolly a lil bigger boned but it's that damn sailors hat he's always wearing. Ever since I heard him reading a Vic chapter I just picture him sounding like george I dunno

@Mrmanakan, I love that reading he did of Victarion. You can tell from that & just the plain fun & verve with which he writes Vic that he's a fan. It wasn't until the later chapters of Dance that I feel he got his writing groove back--some characters invigorate GRRM, some were a slog to get through.

@damp hair agreed in a sense, although parts of feast were great as well, Jaime and Sam in particular. I also enjoye Brienne dispite what most people say. But of the added character (feast & dance) Victarian the iron captain is by far the best. Cersei's chapters bored me unfortunately, they were interesting though just the least of all the rest it felt like tedium waiting for her to blunder yet again, I always thought what a fool she is. Anyways yea I can't wait for more Vic or really anyone besides theon haha

Update on GRRM's livejournal says there will be a new old chapter posted to his official website soon!

Hiya kids, hiya hiya hiya.

With season 4 of HBO's GAME OF THRONES almost upon us, I thought the time was ripe for me to give my readers another taste of WINDS OF WINTER. So I will shortly be posting a new sample chapter there. (If you have not read the Arianne chapter that has been up there lo these many months, better do so soon, because Arianne will be coming down when the new sample goes up).

The new chapter is actually an old chapter. But no, it's not one I've published or posted before, and I don't even think I've read it at a con (could be wrong there, I've done readings at so many cons, it all tends to blur together). So it's new in that it is material that no one but my editors (well, and Parris, and David and Dan, and a few others) have ever seen before, but it's old in that it was written a long time ago, predating any of the samples that you have seen. The first draft was, at any rate. I've rewritten it a dozen times since then.

Anyway, I've blathered on about it long enough, I will let the text speak for itself.

Chapter title is "Mercy."

(And as with past samples, please don't talk about it here. There are dozens of great places to talk about the books on the web, but this is not one of them. If you want to talk about the chapter after you've read it, check out Westeros or Tower of the Hand or one of the many other great Ice & Fire sites).

Watch my website. Coming soon.

Archived