So, who's definitely gonna die in The Winds of Winter?

LooseyRoosey

• 1 month later...

Perhaps if the Bolton/Others theories are true, someone will try to kill Roose during the Battle for Winterfell and then their sword/spear/axe... would shatter. He might die, but regardless, the next chapter could be Benjen or Bran or anyone beyond the Wall witnessing the movement of the White Walker army. Just thought it might be cool, with Roose sort of being the signal for war to begin.

Fun speculation is fun. Here's my list of POVs and my death predictions:

Victarion - he is strong, but is clearly getting duped by Euron with that dragon horn. Moquorro has seen it "every night in my fires I glimpse the glory that awaits you" - he sees Victarion being burned by dragonflame...cleansed by fire.

Barristan - in the preview chapters for tWoW we see Barristan and his army attacking the Yunkish. Things seem to be going well, but its usually times like these or soon thereafter that Martin pulls the rug from under a character. Hopefully he gets to see Dany 1 last time.

Stannis - His doom is coming as surely as winter, but I don't think it happens at the hands of the Boltons. I think the Others are his doom near the end of the book, causing Mel to re-evaluate all her visions. Her notable aha moment will come when she recalls asking for a vision of her king and "only seeing snow", clearly Jon Snow though she doesn't realize it yet. We have the confluence of Asha, Theon, Jon, Melisandre, and Davos to continue the story in the north.

Jon Connington - whether its greyscale or battle, he is a goner. I think he officially bites it soon after Arianne Martel shows up, giving us another POV for (f)Aegon.

Aeron Greyjoy - passes in a 1-off chapter but not before summoning a great beast from the depths. He dies drowning.

Important non-POVs to go:

Jojen (possibly Meera too) - his purpose has been served getting Bran to Bloodraven.

Myrcella & Tommen - will further drive Cersei insane and further drive a wedge between her and the Tyrells as they stuggle for the throne's legitimacy...just how Varys wants it.

Ramsay Bolton - Stannis will catch him in a trap.

Roose Bolton - His grasp on the north crumbles around him and the final wedge happens when Davos returns to White Harbor with Rikkon.

Robin Arryn - a casualty of Littlefinger's plots.

Lady Stoneheart - I really don't see her purpose. Brienne burns her.

Reasons I left some favorites to die off the list:

Jaime and Brienne - Their story arc leads them to Sansa IMO (possibly to Sandor as well)

Littlefinger - he's one of the big baddies along with Euron. Neither will go till the final book

Euron - see above

Sansa - her pawn to player arc isn't yet complete, though ultimately I think she chooses to fade away back to pawn

Areo Hotah - pretty insignificant character as far as i can tell. He can go anytime he likes and it won't bother me.

Doran Martell - Possibility he goes upon hearing of his son's death, but unlikely. He is the ultimate schemer in the story.

Cersei - Need the KL POV and her further decent into madness. I think she goes in the final book, ragged and powerless.

Jon Snow - ultimate hero of the series. Not dead, possibly the very end of the series

Dany - see above. Won't go till the very end of the series.

Mel & Davos - survive Stannis and pledge to Jon.

Asha - will be the final remaining Greyjoy. (I'm shipping her and Jon btw.)

Theon - he surely looks like he is going to die any day now, even wishes for death...which is exactly why he survives.

Tyrion - will ultimately be the last Lannister standing

Sam - will survive it all and document it with Gilly and Monster by his side.

I'd say Tyrion won't die because of this article: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-peter-dinklage-set-to-play-dwarf-detective-in-new-hbo-series-9149132.html

If talks go to plan, the intention would be to shoot the series in 2016 after Dinklage finishes filming on Game of Thrones.

The show Game of Thrones is currently set out to end in season 7. Season 5 is shot this year, season 6 in 2015 and season 7 in 2016. That'd mean Tyrion will be needed in the final season and I doubt the series will change THAT much, keeping a main character alive if he's supposed to die earlier. That information comes from HBO so it's legit.

I'm very sure that Jojen Reed will die(he already died in the series), Stannis will also die but I'm not sure if this will be in TWOW.

Others to die might be: Jaime, Tommen and Myrcella(for sure), Victarion, Jon Connington, Cersei(I guess this could wait until ADOS), Barristan, Theon(burned), Asha and some more...

Many minor POVs

Barristan, Jon Con, Victarion, Aeron, Areo, Aegon, Jojen, Tommen and Myrcella will die for sure imo. Tommen will probably be killed by Aegon and Myrcella by someone in Dorne. Victarion and Aegon will go the way of Quentyn (although I think Aegon's death could be held off until aDoS). Brienne and the Boltons dying are possibilities too, idk.

I don't think Cersei will die until the last book (when she will obviously be killed by Jaime). I think Stannis and Mel will have a large part in the war against the others, with Stannis basically commanding the forces on the ground (and the three dragon heads taking the dragons up north). I don't expect either of them to die.

Dead for sure? Well I am sure of absolutely nothing, if this series is one thing it is unpredictable. But who I think will be dead by the end of WoW:

POVs:

Arianne Martell

Aeron Damphair

Victarion Greyjoy

Brienne Tarth

Ser Barristan Selmy

Lady Stoneheart (again)

Non POVs:

King Stannis Baratheon I :-(

Ramsey Bolton :-)

Margery Tyrell

Randall Tarly

Myrcella Hill

Jeyne Stark

Jeyne Poole

Dead for sure? Well I am sure of absolutely nothing, if this series is one thing it is unpredictable. But who I think will be dead by the end of WoW:

POVs:

Arianne Martell

Aeron Damphair

Victarion Greyjoy

Brienne Tarth

Ser Barristan Selmy

Lady Stoneheart (again)

Non POVs:

King Stannis Baratheon I :-(

Ramsey Bolton :-)

Margery Tyrell

Randall Tarly

Myrcella Hill

Jeyne Stark

Jeyne Poole

Tommen is doomed just as much as Myrcella. You must have forgotten him.

Brienne is unlikely to die before Stannis, and definitely not before Jamie. I am not sure she will die at all. I could see her living until the end though no longer a POV once her story has merged with primary POVs.

Barristan is on so many lists, but is key to Dany's arc once it intersects Aegon's. He won't die until his purpose relative to revealing Aegon is fulfilled. I predict he won't die until the last book.

There are a few others on your list I have doubts should be there, but I don't have as strong an opinion on them.

I think we should assume a number of characters dying to clear the path for the final book and what I assume is the final battle with the others. My predictions:

- Doran Martell (hard to see him featuring in the final book unless it's in a supporting role)

- Jojen Reed (the show has made that obvious)

- Bolton's I'll predict one of Roose or Ramsey will go but I have a feeling one will survive until ADOS.

- Arianne (mostly because she is not in the show)

- Barristan (I think he will be the main casualty in the battle of fire)

- Tommen (he's got to die soon as I am sure at least two more people will sit on the throne, I'll predict Aegon kills him)

- Mycella (I think most of the Dorne story will come to an end to focus the plot on the north)

- Marge and Mace Tyrell (killed by Aegon)

- Littlefinger (I think Sansa will kill as per GRRM comments one of Tyrion, Sansa and Baelish will die before the end)

- Victorian Greyjoy

Who I see as needed for the final book to battle with the others so very unlikely to die:

Stannis (I expect him to die in ADOS but there is a chance it will be in WOW)

Jon (I believe he will survive the series)

Dany (I believe she will die near the end of the series)

Tyrion (possibly not needed but I think he will be there and alive at the end)

Sansa (I think she will kill littlefinger and sit on the iron throne)

Arya (although I doubt she will be involved with the others and instead will kill another major character - Aegon/Cersai??)

Theon (I expect him to die in ADOS but there is a chance it will be in WOW)

Aegon (I expect him to die early in ADOS)

Sam (I believe he will survive the series)

I also predict Euron wil make it and one of the Bolton's so we have some of the "bad" guys left for the final book and not just the others.

The only ones left are who I don't think are vital to the end game are Brienne, Jamie and Cersai, I expect both Lannisters to die but it could be winds or ADOS. Brienne I am 50/50 on whether she lives or dies.

I haven't seen a lot of you mention it, but I don't see how Hizdahr is going to last a while in TWOW.

Connington's a goner too, but he might last until ADOS. I think Davos is going to die, unfortunately, too.

Then off the top of my head :

Dany (hopefully :bowdown: )

Stannis

Jorah

Daario

Grey Worm (sad to say)

All Greyjoys except Euron

At least one dragon

Duck (I see him doing something stupid in Storm's End)

Mace Tyrell (please please please)

Cersei

DARKSTAR (No man can beat Areo Hotah, gentlemen)

Then again, my favourite contender is Aegon, whether he's a fake or not. I even hope he's a Blackfyre and wins the throne anyway. YOU CANNOT COW THEM.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I really like some of these characters....

Theon, sacrifice before Weirwood

Balon Swann, killed by Darkstar

Darkstar, killed by Hotah

Doran, idk but he's a goner

A few of the Sand Snakes, they're too confident to live

Jon Con & Aegon, Greyscale and an arrow idk

Stannis, hope i'm wrong

"Ser Robert the Strong," hopefully The Hound kills him in Cersei's trial by combat. (Sandor would represent the Faith - if he's even alive)

Daario, he can kill himself for all i care

Barristan, a honorable death

Victarion, not sure

Hizdahr for sure

Tommen & Myrcella

Cersei, hopefully ASAP

Really hope I'm wrong but, Jaime

Randyl Tarly, I don't like this guy

Littlefinger, hopefully Sansa

Sansa, I think at least 1 of the remaining Starks will die and I pick her.

Dany, towards the end of WOW or beginning of DOS

Ramsay, make it slow plz

Ramsay's bi*****, if my dog died these ones should too

Archived