So, who's definitely gonna die in The Winds of Winter?

LooseyRoosey

he might die, but I doubt it. He and Selmy are by far the most grounded, morally just and reasonable characters in the series....if this were the Walking Dead they would have died long ago.

Do you think Selmy dying in the show might refer to the books somehow? Maybe it was foreshadowing his death? I for one hope not, I really admire him

You really see thing as you want them, not as they are, don't you?

I don't think RA is going to die, I think he's going to screw up LF's plans, if he does die because of Sansa it probably because of a plan to off LF going terribly wrong.

As annoying as he, is he is doing much better under Sansa's care.

If the hooded man in Winterfell is not Theon's imagination and a real person who kills people to create chaos inside the castle, then I see Fat Walda making a tragic fall. Which may cause more problems between Roose and Ramsey especially if she is pregnant. 

And I wait (do not want or long for) for Sansa's death since her wolf died/killed.

I don't think she's dying, Robb, and Jon died and their wolves were near by, Arya's wolf is separated from her but tied to her, Bran and Rickon have theirs, the COTF? said that magic will eventually die and give way to man the Direwolves will out last them but will also leave.

The only Stark with no wolf hence possibly no magic is Sansa and she lived ~ 3 years pass her wolf's death, I think she has a better chance to live than one of her siblings.

I don't think she's dying, Robb, and Jon died and their wolves were near by, Arya's wolf is separated from her but tied to her, Bran and Rickon have theirs, the COTF? said that magic will eventually die and give way to man the Direwolves will out last them but will also leave.

The only Stark with no wolf hence possibly no magic is Sansa and she lived ~ 3 years pass her wolf's death, I think she has a better chance to live than one of her siblings.

We do not know if Jon died, possibly not, Only Robb died for sure among the Stark kids, and with him his wolf. among the others who are still alive only Sansa's direwolf is not alive. I am not trying to debate, but this may be a foreshadowing of death, literally or figuratively. She may really die, or the "Stark and North" in her may be lost forever, as she is not a Stark but a Stone now, and maybe she never will be Stark again. 

Really? I don't think the time for politics is over at all. Even if Dany T does get at the Iron Throne her entire Mereen story ( as boring as it has been) has shown that conquest isn't enough. Plus , not unlike her sister, Sansa has a lot of people she can fuck over , such as Theon, the Boltons, the Freys, the remaining Lannisters, SweetRobin and possibly Littlefinger. I think you will be surprised. Her character has been a slow build, but she has changed a lot and ready to pull some some wickedness of her own.

But, if you want her killed off, you want her killed off,I don't , but it's great reading others opinions and reasonings.

i think the politics thats going on will get no one anywhere, politics itself can never be over even the noblest of characters in the series are  playing the game in one way or another so it will NEVER actually go away hell i wont be surprise if i find out that others have some sort of political agenda as well :D  but i mean if everything is building upto a war, the westerosi politics or the game varys is playing or littlefingers schemes will all lead to dead end if war from north comes, aegon with his sellswords is destroying more and more forces, stannis is making north weak, only arryns have some real muscles left but alone them wont be able to do much so many so called politicians will die but thaTS ONLY if we assume that OTHERS are actually "evil" or "bad" but i personally believe they are just like everyone else, i believe dragons to be way more destructive and dangerous thn others or even rhlorr and his believers are ISIS of ASOIAF world, they burn anyone and everyone who stands in their way.

Do you think Selmy dying in the show might refer to the books somehow? Maybe it was foreshadowing his death? I for one hope not, I really admire him

I pay almost no mind to what happens to supporting characters in the show. whatever GRRM had planned for Selmy can't be re-written to be performed by some variation of Tyrion or Jorah or someone.

i think the politics thats going on will get no one anywhere, politics itself can never be over even the noblest of characters in the series are  playing the game in one way or another so it will NEVER actually go away hell i wont be surprise if i find out that others have some sort of political agenda as well :D  but i mean if everything is building upto a war, the westerosi politics or the game varys is playing or littlefingers schemes will all lead to dead end if war from north comes, aegon with his sellswords is destroying more and more forces, stannis is making north weak, only arryns have some real muscles left but alone them wont be able to do much so many so called politicians will die but thaTS ONLY if we assume that OTHERS are actually "evil" or "bad" but i personally believe they are just like everyone else, i believe dragons to be way more destructive and dangerous thn others or even rhlorr and his believers are ISIS of ASOIAF world, they burn anyone and everyone who stands in their way.

Maybe Plotics is the wrong word for us to use in regards to the game Sansa is playing.....but perhaps she will find a way to have the Vale armies avenge the Starks against the Boltons? I do think she will use Nefarious means to dispose of Little Finger and Harry and possibly Sweet Robin to control the Vale herself....and who could bla,e her?

I believe that Dany's House of the Undying vision "of a man being dragged along behind a horse" (paraquoting) was actually Barristan outside Meereen, and that the poisoner (in this context) was a red-herring

Maybe Plotics is the wrong word for us to use in regards to the game Sansa is playing.....but perhaps she will find a way to have the Vale armies avenge the Starks against the Boltons? I do think she will use Nefarious means to dispose of Little Finger and Harry and possibly Sweet Robin to control the Vale herself....and who could bla,e her?

that would be something really amazing to read, sansa leading vales army against bolton but i think stannis will destroy boltons before that he might die while doing it but boltons are surrounded by too many enemies...

i  believe sweet robin has a large part to play in events to come, he isnt what he seems, he has power of sorts, he sees things he gets dreams i believe he might do some major things in future...

he might die, but I doubt it. He and Selmy are by far the most grounded, morally just and reasonable characters in the series....if this were the Walking Dead they would have died long ago.

BAHAHA. Barristan is far from just; he's the one who served as Aerys's Lord Commander and did nothing to stop Aerys whatsoever.

BAHAHA. Barristan is far from just; he's the one who served as Aerys's Lord Commander and did nothing to stop Aerys whatsoever.

That's pretty weak. He was bound by an oath. That's kinda like saying the whole gaggle of Kingsguard, Hand of the King and small council were all unjust as well. Having said that, I also feel Jaime was right to kill Aereys.

And, with the best of intentions, he trashed all Daenerys' plans in Meereen by joining Skakaz's coup.  Depends on which interpretation of late-ADWD you subscribe to, of course.

That's pretty weak. He was bound by an oath. That's kinda like saying the whole gaggle of Kingsguard, Hand of the King and small council were all unjust as well. Having said that, I also feel Jaime was right to kill Aereys.

They were all unjust, actually.

If I made an oath to Aerys to serve him and do whatever he wanted, and then I went around exterminating millions and millions of people, does that mean it's ok for me to kill millions of people just because I made an oath to serve him? No. Similarly, if I made an oath to Aerys to serve him and watch him kill a bunch of people, does that mean it's ok to let a bunch of people die? No.

In contemporary ethics, things like an "oath" and a "promise" have little to no importance. At the time, the right thing to do was to kill Aerys regardless of whether or not you have an oath to him. Because by not killing him, you are letting people who are killed by Aerys die. If you merely passively stand and watch Aerys kill people, then you are also contributing to the death of those people by not participating. Barristan could've stopped Rickard and Brandon's deaths but no, he just watched.

http://www.jamesrachels.org/killing.pdf

In philosophy, it is widely accepted that there is no distinction between killing someone vs. letting that person die. And Barristan is responsible for all the people he watched Aerys kill, simply because he was there to watch and he could've stopped it but he didn't.

I want to go out on a limb and say... Daenerys Targaryen.

After an invasion of an important place, or places, perhaps including Westeros. Would leave her forces in turmoil, disrupt plotlines, and others in charge of the dragons. Or, if dragonriders are not already in place or ready to step up, will leave dragons on the loose for maximum random carnage for the final book.

Archived