So, who's definitely gonna die in The Winds of Winter?

LooseyRoosey

Everyone you know and love.

In all honesty, there's no point guessing. We're driving each other mad in anticipation for the book. G.R.R.M will most certainly surprise us with whatever he has planned for our unlucky P.O.V.s in The Wind of Winter.

Everyone,

That red comet is closing in.... just saying wouldn't that be a bitch :P

Barristan

Jojen

The current NW betrayers

Ramsay Bolton

Walder Frey

Myrcella

Tommen

Daario

Jorah

Victacarion

LF

Loras Tyrel

Lancel Lannister

Jaime Lannister (maybe)

Brienne

A few Faceless men (Killed by Arya either in self defense or to break free and go rogue)

WoW:

Cersei

Barristan

Victarion

Theon

Ramsay

Roose

Most the Freys

Tommen

Myrcella

Daario

Stannis

Melisandre

Aeron

Jojen

Connington

Bowen Marsh

Robert Arryn

Brienne

Mance Rayder

Qyburn

ADOS:

Littlefinger

Varys

Aegon

Jaime

Arya

Hodor

The Hound

UnGregor

Dany

Lancel

Euron

Blackfish

Queen of Thorns

Loras

Ser Illyn

Illyrio

Stoneheart

:agree:. Except that I think Stoneheart will die in TWoW and add Dany to the ADoS list.

Walder Frey is going to die of old age, probably while fucking his eighth wife.

It's going to piss me off, :angry2:

along with millions of readers I'm sure,

that through death he will escape the horrific retributive justice :whip:

he so richly deserves.

Tommen

LF

Roose and Ramsay Bolton

Walder Frey, Emmon Frey, Genna Lannister, Damion Lannister, and all the Lannister and Freys at Riverrun

Doran

Euron

Bowen Marsh and Co.

The Weeper

Hizdahr, Daario and Jorah killed by Victarion

Victarion

Lancel

ETA:

Green Grace

Jojen

Asha

I don't get where the Barristan is going to die thinking comes from. Why do people think that or how do you think he will go down?

Foreshadowing that points to Victarion killing Barristan

He would give half his teeth for the chance to try his axe against the Kingslayer or the Knight of Flowers.

Jaime and Loras are both members of the KG like Barristan

[quote“It’s like Baelor Breakspear and Prince Maekar, the hammer and the anvil. We have them! We have them!”]

Given that Maekar ended up eventually killing Baelor Breakspear, this comparison might not presage positive future relations between Barristan and Victarion.

Everybody. A Dream of Spring is going to be about someone, probably Dolorous Edd as the sole survivor dreaming of Spring and remembering when times were worse.

I'm picturing Gerion Lannister finally returning, looking around and saying "Where'd everybody go?"

Here are my picks for most likely to die for sure in TWoW:

Theon

Hizdhar

Daario

Ramsay

Jojen

a boatload of Freys

Bowen Marsh and the Night's Daggers (now playing at a mutiny near you)

Sweetrobin

Obara Sand

the Green Grace

Khal Jhaqo, unless he decides to play ball

myriad smallfolk

And on the maybe list:

Tommen

Myrcella

Cersei

Victarion

Roose

Shireen

Robert Strong

Melisandre

Asha

Jon Connington

Arianne

Bloodraven

seems like a lot of people have almost all of the iron borne characters dying. So what was the point in introducing most of their house/POVs so late in the story? The iron borne have to have an impact, good or bad in the grand scheme:

Theon either has to get ultimate redemption and sits the Seastone chair/becomes an ally to the North in helping them win the inevitable war vs (f)Aegon or the white walkers.

or Euron captures at least one Dragon and takes over Oldtown/Highgarden eventually KL before being swarmed by white walkers.

Obviously these are just two examples but something like this is more likely to me than just the entire house/people dying out w/o much importance/effect.

Jojen is a given. I haven't much hope for Meera and poor Hodor, but Martin might be merciful. I'm pretty sure Hizdahr is dying too. Also JonCon.

Now about major characters...

I don't think Jaime will die. About Barristan, 50/50. I understand he could die, but I don't think it's as obvious as some think.

Cersei will die at some point, it's likely it will be in the next book. The same applies to Littlefinger.

I believe the most impacting death will be Stannis.

Arya Stark

Sansa Stark

Bran Stark

Rickon Stark

Jon Snow ( If he's not already )

Nymeria

Summer

Shaggydog

Ghost

Arianne Martell

Daenerys Targaryen

Varys

Frodo

UnJeor ( He's a wight )

Drogon

Rhaegal

Viserion

Samwell Tarly

Dolorous Edd

All of these will die in Winds for sure.

Now on a serious note, these are characters i really hate and i hope they will die :

Loras Tyrell

Daario Naharis

Roose Bolton

Ramsay Snow

Bowen Marsh

Walder Frey

Every Ironborn besides Asha, Theon and Victarion

Loras Tyrell

Daario Naharis

Loras Tyrell

Every Frey

Daario Naharis

Loras Tyrell

Everyone you know and love.

In all honesty, there's no point guessing. We're driving each other mad in anticipation for the book. G.R.R.M will most certainly surprise us with whatever he has planned for our unlucky P.O.V.s in The Wind of Winter.

I think there is good chance many of the predictions here are on the ball. Especially with regards to non-PoV characters.

Now predicting which of the PoV-characters are going to die, that's difficult. Victarion, Cersei and Jon Connington are probably a given. But there are bound to be more (I didn't include Tyrion because I think he'll die in ADOS).

Cersei won't die until Tyrion/Jaime returns home to fulfil the prophecy/Myrcella/Tommen die. She deserves to see her children die before her for everything she has done, so I don't think that will happen until DOS

Archived