Azor Ahai is Batman

Corvo Attano

I don't mean this literally, I mean it thematically and symbolically.
There's isn't a great deal of 'evidence' per se, but I think it would make really good writing and is more likely from GRRM than the straight-up "X person is AAR" theory.

There has been a hell of a lot of theories about who AAR is. The most common ones are Jon, Dany, Tyrion or all 3 of them as the 3 heads of the dragon, but I've seen theories tossed about (with varying amounts of evidence) regarding just about ever major character or group of characters with any significance in the story. What I think is that AAR is not a person, but an identity. It's a symbol to give hope to Westeros - a person can be broken & destroyed, but a symbol is everlasting and incorruptable. The fact that there is no actual identity tied to the original AAR enhances the idea that it could be anyone, and the identity of the person under the mask wielding lightbringer is less important than the sword itself and what it stands for.

I think that something like that Is more likely from GRRM than a stereotypical "hero saves the world" story.

BTW, the literal Batman of Westeros is Darkstar.

Batman wouldn't fail at killing a defenseless child.

Scratch that, Batman wouldn't attemp to kill a defenseless child.

On a similar note, Stannis is Judge Dredd.

It was established a while back that Stannis has a lot of parallels with Rorschach, and Davos is his Nite Owl. Dredd is similar as well though.

It was established a while back that Stannis has a lot of parallels with Rorschach, and Davos is his Nite Owl. Dredd is similar as well though.

I've only seen the Snyder film when it comes to Wathcmen so I can't really say about that.

Also, Les Voyages de l'ame is a sextastic album.

Stannis isn't the same as Rorchach. The closest I can think of would be the character of Mace from the film Sunshine (2007).

I've only seen the Snyder film when it comes to Wathcmen so I can't really say about that.

Also, Les Voyages de l'ame is a sextastic album.

The movie was actually, for the most part, really accurate to the graphic novel. Alan Moore only hated it because he's a crackpot/wizard who hates everything outside of the medium he writes in.

Thats the best description of Alcest's music I've ever heard. :bowdown:

The movie was actually, for the most part, really accurate to the graphic novel. Alan Moore only hated it because he's a crackpot/wizard who hates everything outside of the medium he writes in.

Thats the best description of Alcest's music I've ever heard. :bowdown:

Ah ok, I'm not a massive fan of comic books/graphic novels (I don't like reading stuff pane by pane) I just heard it wasn't very accurate.

I saw them live the year before last. It was like being in a dream.

In Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy he presents Batman not as one person but as ever lasting and something that can be taken up by anyone, as shown at the end of TDKR with Blake becoming the next Batman. So AA could be a title given to someone by people who believe in them and who has the courage.

In Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy he presents Batman not as one person but as ever lasting and something that can be taken up by anyone, as shown at the end of TDKR with Blake becoming the next Batman. So AA could be a title given to someone by people who believe in them and who has the courage.

That does kind of tie in with my reasoning, since I was basing a lot of the Batman analogies on Nolan's movies.

That does kind of tie in with my reasoning, since I was basing a lot of the Batman analogies on Nolan's movies.

Which as we all know are the best :cool4:

Serious note, Nolan puts in a lot more than just comic book lore in his Trilogy like TDKR being based on The Tale of Two Cities, so it's no surprise that his whole Batman arc with Bruce Wayne has a deeper meaning.

Which as we all know are the best :cool4:

Serious note, Nolan puts in a lot more than just comic book lore in his Trilogy like TDKR being based on The Tale of Two Cities, so it's no surprise that his whole Batman arc with Bruce Wayne has a deeper meaning.

Yeah, I've read about the Dickensian influence. I don't think that any movies of this generation have caused as much political, moral & psychological discussion/debate as The Dark Knight Trilogy . :)

But anyway, this thread was supposed to be about the real meaning of the AAR myth, not about comparisons between comic books characters & ASoIaF characters :P

Edit: Just noticed, this is my 2000th post :D

Archived