"All I see is snow".... Melisandre

LEX_12345

I'm pretty sure Mel knows all about Jon's warging. Why else would we have the scene with her and ghost and Jon all surprised. She was sending him a message and I'm not sure Jon got it.

Jon is an ok guy, but sometimes he seems to suffer from Asperger's, I swear.

I am not a fan of having hundred compelling characters and in the end everything revolves only about like 2 or 3. Wouldn't fit with the world building in this case.

I'm sure they will all play their parts in the end, I've just personally always felt the trio of Dany, Jon, Bran will play the biggest parts in war against the Others.

I'm sure they will all play their parts in the end, I've just personally always felt the trio of Dany, Jon, Bran will play the biggest parts in war against the Others.

I see them as duos. Bran/Bloodraven, Jon/Mel(or Stannis) and Dany/Tyrion.

They will maybe represent different factions, if at all. But will be very important nonetheless.

The actual game of thrones becomes more and more irrelevant, even if that's the most appealing part for me.

They will maybe represent different factions, if at all. But will be very important nonetheless.

The actual game of thrones becomes more and more irrelevant, even if that's the most appealing part for me.

I love the politics and the magic. I think he's had a great balance between the two.

I see Dany as the one who prepares the way for the true savior. Kind of similar to John the Baptist in Christian history.

She is laying the very important groundwork for Jon's ascension.

Without her, Jon could not take his place, so she has a very important role. Just not the savior of mankind role.

I like this!

To me it was clear she meant Jon when saying all she sees is Snow. She doesn't realize it, but why else would it be capitalized?

As to the poster who said he thinks Mel had a hand in Jon being stabbed, so he could be reborn? That makes no sense to me. If that was the case then why didn't she have Stannis stabbed when she thought he was AAR?

To me it was clear she meant Jon when saying all she sees is Snow. She doesn't realize it, but why else would it be capitalized?

As to the poster who said he thinks Mel had a hand in Jon being stabbed, so he could be reborn? That makes no sense to me. If that was the case then why didn't she have Stannis stabbed when she thought he was AAR?

No, she clearly DOES realize that she is seeing Jon, and that is troubling her, because it doesn't fit with her previous interpretations of her visions where she had Stannis as the savior.

She can't understand WHY she is seeing Jon, and it would seem that she is assuming that it is just some kind of interference or clouding of her visions, perhaps because of Jon's proximity while Stannis is far away, or perhaps because of the magic of the Wall and Jon's association with it.

So Mellisandre is seeing Jon instead of Stannis, and this is troubling her. But she hasn't yet come to the realization that Jon has replaced Stannis as the savior, and that Stannis was in fact merely the vehicle that would bring her to Jon - the true savior.

I say she hasn't realized it, and by that I mean at the time of her POV chapter where she sees Jon. But she may well have made the paradigm shift by the time of Jon's assassination. We just don't see her POV again at that point.

In Winds things will get a lot clearer.

She does understand what she sees

Skulls. A thousand skulls, and the bastard boy again. Jon Snow...
Yet now she could not even seem to find her king. I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R’hllor shows me only Snow.

She does understand that she sees Jon she doesn't understand why she is seeing Jon.

ok first and foremost, melisandre isn't "good" or "evil," in my opinion. she was sent from volantis, by benerro, to spread the word of r'hllor to westeros. thoros didnt do such a hot job, whereas she did amazingly, converting the majority of stannis' people (including the proper king himself) into r'hllor's inquisitive light. moqorro as well, moqorro was sent to convert daenerys (not gonna happen, by the by, in my opinion).

thing is, mel was bought at a young, and raised as a slave in volantis (i realize shes originally from asshai, but iirc, headquarters for r'hllor are volantis). picture a girl, bought at a young age, brainwashed by a cult religion. brainwashed to the extent she actually believes stannis to be azor ahai (not so much anymore, i dont think. i think she's changed her mind on just who AA actually is).

While her methods may be questionable, she believes, believes, she's doing the right thing, and isnt malevolent.

and while there have been sacrifices, killings and such in the name of their faith, you have to admit, there's is the only faith that pays back. Resurrections, foretellings, channelings, hell, shadowmancy (though i think thats limited to melisandre, being a shadowbinder class originally from asshai). With such substantial evidence of existence, who in their right mind should question it?

Archived