which character's scenes do you like the most in the TV series?

Lord Warwyck

Everyone has a favourite character but which character's scenes do you enjoy the most?

Mine are:

1. Tywin lannister: dance commands every scene he commands. He transformed tywin lannister of the books from an unlikable character to a charismatic and even handsome man. Every tywin scene brings something new and interesting or he slams someone(jaime, cersei, joff, tyrion). The best tywin scene was the joffrey vs tywin one.

2. Stannis baratheon: Stephen dillane showed stannis as a much more dangerous and intimidating character than the books, especially his dialogues and grim gestures " hundreds not thousands " are something i look forward to.

3. Tyrion: you can learn so many lines from the little guu

4. Olenna tyrell: same as tyrion

Again which character's scenes do you hate the most?

mine are

1. cat

2. jon

Agree on Tywin Lannister, and Olenna Redwyne are just awesome-never more so than when they're together.

Margaery Tyrell has far more dimension and vitality in her on screen version as well; ND just eats the part up.

But I think, Alfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy might be the biggest improvement of all. He doesn't look like book Theon, but thanks to some smart writing and truly great acting on his part, Theon becomes a far richer character, especially in Season 2. He consistently makes the wrong choices but you always understand why he's making those choices even if he doesn't.

Such a tough question for me to answer...

Sandor Clegane is always in an awesome scene, even when he's just in the background. Rory seems as cool IRL as he does on-screen.

Jaime is always one to look forward to because he's such a smart ass and Nikolai was born for the part.

Bronn is played exceptionally well by Jerome Flynn. And Ian Glenn gets some of the best lines in the whole show as Jorah. I'm waiting for Barristan to get more screen time because Ian McElhinney is a good actor, too.

Tywin isn't a character, he's really Charles Dance. Or is it the other way around?

But I think the very best performance on the show was given by David Bradley as Walder Frey during the Red Wedding scene. Everyone seems more focused on the victims in that scene, but that old actor was channeling some of the greatest heartlessness I've seen on any screen.

I have a feeling this coming season's performances will top everything that's come before it. Jack Gleeson has been getting better and better. Charles Dance will want to go out unforgettably. And this is the strongest moment for Tyrion's story to date. So there's potential everywhere for timeless episodes this season.

Oh, and as for the ones I don't like: Petyr Baelish's actor just doesn't do it for me, its the way he talks that creeps me the @#$% out. Kitt Harrington needs some work, imo. Its not bad but its really not on par with anyone else. He's one of the least skilled actors on the show. And Conleth Hill is hard to watch because he just makes me crack up and sometimes it throws me off from the drama and I have to rewind the episodes several times to laugh at his quirks before I can move on.

To be honest I love pretty much everyone's portrayal in the show. I rarely ever feel bored by them, and if I do I think it's mostly due to the writing.

I do love Natalie Dormer as Margaery, though. Can't praise her enough for turning a character I found mildly interesting in the books into one of my favourites in the show.

While I like Sam in the books, his constant self-deprecation and whining makes him difficult to read at times (especially in AFFC). John Bradley really does sweeten Sam's personality and make his scenes a lot fun. "And what I find interesting about you, is absolutely nothing!"

Watching Jack Gleeson be snarky and dismissive as Joff is definitely a sadistic pleasure!

Nikolaj has done Jaime justice. Even as far back as Season 1, when Jaime was at his most despicable, you can tell there's more to the asshole than he wants people to believe. The bath, hand, and bear scenes were fantastic - can't wait to see how the "new" Jaime handles himself in King's Landing this season in light of certain events.

All of the Lannisters are just perfectly cast on the show. I would say right now that the weakest link, in my opinion, is Jaime, but I fully expect that to change this season since Jaime is going to become more prominent. Anytime 2 Lannisters interact on screen is always a highlight.

I really love the actors playing Jorah and Barristan. Wish we got more screen time with them.

Bronn. 'nuff said.

Conleth Hill makes Varys so much more enjoyable and intriguing on the show than I ever found him to be in the books, and I love that he gets more of a presence each season. I love that the show is playing up his rivalry with Littlefinger. I would say Varys is probably one of my Top 5 favorite parts of the show.

Roose Bolton. The actor playing him stole the Red Wedding scene for me when he creepily stares at Cat and basically dares her to lift up his sleeve and see the chain mail. Can't wait to see him interact with Theon in the new season.

As for my least favorite characters on the show: Jon & Dany. With Dany, it's mostly just those horrible eyebrows. With Jon, I've never been a fan of Emo Snow.

I loved Sam and Gilly, too. While for the most part GOT romantic embellishments have turned me off, I think the show handled Sam/Gilly very well. (I'm actually looking forward to the eventual "fat pink mast" scene... :P) I also liked how the show really underscored the fact that Gilly was a victim of Craster's abuse, something no one really comes out and states in the books. The part where they sing about the Father and the "Was your father cruel too?"/"Yes but not like yours" exchange actually made a tear come to my eye.

I also think NCW did a great job with Jaime, his swagger in GOT, his increasing desperation in ACOK, the start of his redemption in ASOS. So looking forward to S4, I do hope we get more hints of Jaime/Brienne as a romance, I didn't quite get that in the show so far.

I like the show version of Tyrion but S3 really started to annoy me with how nice a guy they made Tyrion compared to the books. I think PD plays the show version of Tyrion REALLY well but the character is really diverging from the books and it'll be interesting how far they go with Tyrion's darker side. (I'm sure they will have him kill Shae but the question is, will they darken Shae so much that Unsullied viewers wind up cheering when Tyrion kills her?)

I do not like Show!Marg at all, they didn't make her as obvious as Show!LF but Show!Marg just seems like a Tyrell version of Arianne, and sometimes I feel like I'm just watching clips from the Tudors slipped into the GOT show. The show also pretty much destroyed the suspense of whether Marg is a virgin or not by making it pretty obvious that she's not, even as far back as when she was trying to seduce Renly in S2 it seemed they were presenting Marg as having been around the block a few times, again much like Arianne. As if a woman's political savvy HAS to be connected to her sexuality. Though I do know GRRM has stated that Show!Marg is where Book!Marg will be in a few years.

ETA: I also blame Show!Marg for the sudden aging up of Tommen, I think the showrunners decided that since Show!Marg is definitely is no younger than mid-twenties, that marrying her to a prepubescent boy would just seem too icky, as opposed to a 16-17 year old girl marrying an 8-9 year old boy, which still smacks of political desperation on both sides, but doesn't seem quite as exploitative.

To be honest I love pretty much everyone's portrayal in the show. I rarely ever feel bored by them, and if I do I think it's mostly due to the writing.

I do love Natalie Dormer as Margaery, though. Can't praise her enough for turning a character I found mildly interesting in the books into one of my favourites in the show.

While I like Sam in the books, his constant self-deprecation and whining makes him difficult to read at times (especially in AFFC). John Bradley really does sweeten Sam's personality and make his scenes a lot fun. "And what I find interesting about you, is absolutely nothing!"

Agreed. Also: Gendry. I love that they combined his character with Edric Storm. Gives him more to do and his actor is awesome.

Favourite:

• Roose Bolton. I liked that they hid his true nature and seemed like a good ally to Robb, and in S3 very subtle moments of cruelty (making Brienne wear a pink dress) made compelling viewing. Well acted, too.
  • Arya. Her scenes never have much filler within them, always something interesting going on, and Maisie Williams is terrific.
  • Bran, Rickon, Jojen and Meera. A lot of people were bored by them, but not me. Bran's dream sequences were really well done and I love the callbacks to old magic. Nice blend of mythology in them. It is modern, yes, yet alot of it felt particularly atmospheric for me. And humour :drool:
  • Ygritte. She lights the screen every time she's on it. She made Jon's scenes bearable (which is really hard).
  • Stark bannermen / household: I love them all. Osha, Maester Luwin (i'm crying), etc. A nice element of warmth.
  • Sam and Gilly. So cute and lovely

I do wanna say Ramsay Bolton, coz Iwan Rheon is absolutely fantastic, yet his only scenes so far are with Theon... and I like to think that I don't look forward to the flayfest. Would change when he interacts with other characters.

Least Favourite:

• Jon Snow (without Ygritte or Sam). So, boring. I try to care. But I just can't.
  • Littlefinger. Alright, we get it. Your a mastermind manipulator with a pretentious and dull philosophy. And anyone who let alone talks to him comes across as a freakin idiot.
  • Jaime Lannister. Nikolaj is a great actor, yet my god, I don't care about "vows" or about Cersei or what gives the right for the wolf judge the lion or whatever that is. Bored now.
  • Cersei. Lena Headey's great, but I hate how the show is trying to make her so sympathetic, and by the next episode she has a prostitute beaten up? Complex doesn't equate to sympathetic. In fact, alot of King's Landing bored me by season 3.

Stannis when he's at Dragonstone. There's just something about the music and Dillane's performance in those scenes that grabs my attention. Really looking forward to what's coming for him. My favourite so far is when he visits Davos in the dungeons. Not necesarily my favourite scene in the show altogether but it's one of the ones that sticks out most. When I get asked "Why should I watch Game of Thones?" I think of scenes like that.

A close second would be Arya though. Great since day one.

I also really liked Jon Beyond the Wall. Because Iceland. And Rose Leslie's eyes.

Archived