which character's scenes do you like the most in the TV series?

Lord Warwyck

I squel with excitement every time Ramsay is on screen (for nefarious reasons, of course) - but also, his scenes with Theon are amazing. Alfie Allen really is doing a tremendous job of his role, imo. The scenes I dislike the most are with Arya. As much as Maisie Williams deserves some credit, I find Arya to be overly whiny and quite annoying.

I eagerly await:

Lena Headey

Peter Dinklage

Diana Rigg

Conleth Hill

Charles Dance

There are more, like Natalie Dorner, Alfie Allen, Maisie Williams and Emilia Clarke.... and some more....actually many more......

Tyrion because he is so witty and I love his quotes! Peter Dinklage is absolutely perfect in how he portrays Tyrion. I also really enjoy Jon because it's almost as if the wall is a completely separate place than the rest of Westeros and it's interesting. I cannot wait for Theon's part in the upcoming season, since I love him so much in the book.

Olenna Redwyne: Absolutely everything she says is hilarious, but laced with an undercurrent of danger. By far the best comic timing in the series.

Tywin: Charles Dance just has a dark, commanding presence. He should narrate every audiobook published from now to the end of time.

Stannis: The chemistry between Stannis and his two advisers is so tight it crackles. It's so fun to watch the three of them bicker.

Cersei: D&D and Lena Heady pulled off a miracle by making Cersei likeable. Rather than unrelatable and irritating, the TV version is fully understandable. Her venomous sense of humor really makes the character, though.

Least Favorites:
Daenerys: She's a cool character, but her scenes are problematic since they deal with financial issues and the taking of cities, neither of which viewers can relate to.

Reek: Theon is my favorite character. His A Dance with Dragons material is extremely difficult to watch.

Jon Snow: I just don't care about the Wall. No one cares about the Wall.

Hodor. Without a doubt he is the best!

Just kidding lmao

The actors and actresses in the show are flawless. All of them. Tyrion, Bronn, Jaime, Cersei, Ned. If I had to name one that I don't like that much, it would be Joffrey Baratheon.

Olenna Redwyne: Absolutely everything she says is hilarious, but laced with an undercurrent of danger. By far the best comic timing in the series.

Tywin: Charles Dance just has a dark, commanding presence. He should narrate every audiobook published from now to the end of time.

Stannis: The chemistry between Stannis and his two advisers is so tight it crackles. It's so fun to watch the three of them bicker.

Cersei: D&D and Lena Heady pulled off a miracle by making Cersei likeable. Rather than unrelatable and irritating, the TV version is fully understandable. Her venomous sense of humor really makes the character, though.

ITA with all of these.

I would also add that I think Madden did a great job with Robb....(he has so much presence in the role.) He really convinced you this was indeed the Young Wolf, a great Warrior, a would-be chieftain and King in the North. As opposed to Kit Harrington who looks pretty but really hasn't done Jon justice so far.

Sophie Turner of course, is pitch perfect as Sansa...as is ND as Margaery.

But, in some ways, I think the greatest find was Alfie Allen. No he doesn't fit the book's physical description of Theon at all, but his interpretation and performance, have from the very first added far more color and texture to the part than was even in the books since Season 1.

I squel with excitement every time Ramsay is on screen (for nefarious reasons, of course) - but also, his scenes with Theon are amazing. Alfie Allen really is doing a tremendous job of his role, imo. The scenes I dislike the most are with Arya. As much as Maisie Williams deserves some credit, I find Arya to be overly whiny and quite annoying.

I'm the opposite. Theon is such a tool that I don't care what happens to him and would prefer him to have a quick death just to get rid of him off the show. Whereas I love Arya's character and would be very disappointed if she were to have an early death or less screen time in the coming seasons.

Don't care for Stannis, love the Lannisters, even the evil ones who deserve to be poked in the eye by a Needle and really enjoy a lot of the secondary characters like Bronn, The Hound, Roose and Brienne.

Favorite -

Davos Seaworth - Liam Cunningham manages to show all the gravity and honesty that make Davos such a compelling hero. The writing material for him has been very good so far (unlike Stannis') and the way he bonds with Gendry and Shireen is wonderful and heartwarming.

Samwell Tarly - I thought he was a bit goofy in the first two seasons unlike his book counterpart but I think Sam is still a great character in the series. He and Gilly in season 3 are like an oasis of sweetness in this bleak environment even with the White Walkers and Craster. Kind, friendly and brave and more inclined to follow his heart than his counterpart in ASOIAF.

Theon Greyjoy - I appreciate the effort made to explore his friendship with Robb and the way he feels more conflicted and remorseful for his actions. Alfie Allen is fantastic actor of course and what they demanded of him so far was no easy task. I dislike the way the writers decided to portray him as a bit too pathetic in some scenes though. It just bothers me that is so obvious to viewers that he is a "coward" while BookTheon shows many signs of badassery and courage.

Roose Bolton - perfect actor, good added scenes: when he mocks Jaime's lost hand, when he "tortures" him making him think Cersei is dead, when he signals his sleeve and stares at Catelyn with creepy amusement. The only problem is his amount of screentime that make him unable to stay more than two minutes and fifty seconds in a scene.

I like many others too: Arya, Sandor, Robert, Ned, Bran, Jojen, Meera, Catelyn, Balon, Tywin, Jaime, Tyrion, Cersei, Varys, Margaery.

Least favorites:

Ygritte: she is the most annoying character in the series for me. Maybe one of the most annoying characters I've ever seen. She is never funny, never likable with all her arrogance that passes off as spiritedness. I know she is very popular but I simply can't stand her. No offense to Rose Leslie. She is a good actress and seems to be a very charming person.

Stannis - great actor, bad writing.

Jon Snow

Littlefinger

As for Ygritte, Rose Leslie is incredible. She is one of the most annoying characters in the books and the writers have botched Jon's plotline worse than any other and STILL she comes across as interesting. That's saying something. I don't blame people who get annoyed at show-Ygritte scenes, but damn is she doing a good job with such a headwind. Compare to Dinklage, for example, where you have what seems to be the favorite character of Martin AND the show-runners, he does a fine job but he's playing on easy mode compared to Leslie.

As far as who I look forward to the most, probably the best judge of this is which character can get useless filler scenes and STILL be entertaining so probably:

-Viserys (why has nobody cast him as Elric :( ).

-Tywin.

-QoT.

-Varys.

-Arya.

And a whole slew of others as well. The acting tends to be incredible in the show. The actors that make me cheer for the casting director easily outweigh both the "meh" and the annoying actors combined.

By the same standard the characters that annoy me when they pop up in filler scenes tend to be:

-Littlefinger, a thousand times Littlefinger, no fucking subtlety.

-Jon & Dany for coming across as a bit too film school and not really being able to convey the proper weight. For Jon's actor I'll cut him some slack due to the writers shitting on his character but he hasn't be able to overcome it in the way that, say, Ygritte or Stannis have still stood out as well-acted despite some bad writing.

-Maybe Mance for being woefully miscast due to last minute casting change and he also suffers from the Iceland curse (everything filmed on that damn glacier doesn't work well).

Edit: stupid typos...

Archived