New Trailer Coming

Westeros

^Just during the commercials on CBS.

Ah. I don't get CBS (or really any channels) where I am.

Oh well, can somebody just post a link if/when it becomes available online? I'm all excited for the Mance shot now.

Really can't wait to see that spot but I wish they would use something else than Drogon as final image already. It's their go to 'most intense' moment of the trailers this year. Screaming Brienne, Cersei in tears, Tywin sitting on a toilet - seriously it would all be better.

:agree: Though I suppose it's probably the most epic shot they can show that isn't some kind of spoiler.

You're on wicnet, aren't you, Sati? I wrote a post there under the name Greenjones with a decent description. I don't know if there are spoiler parameters over this thread, so I'll be less detailed.

We got a different more emotional line reading from Cersei giving her "joy turning to ashes" speech. We got a longer shot of the catapult firing at Meereen. This one was released as a Vine last week where the slave ducks and then the camera pans over to a pyramid. We got Mance in his camp. There were riders around...Hmmm. We got Ellaria crawling sexily over Oberyn... We got Jon fighting someone, his sword locked against theirs (it might have been Rast or Karl). I think I listed more things on wicnet even.

It's thirty seconds, I think.

Rickon of the North, as I said above its only thirty seconds. But some of the shots are longer version of what we've seen yet, like the catapult and the slave ducking the projectile. There's a longer version of Jon riding through the tunnel under the Wall for instance. Some of the shots are just flashes though, like Mance who we see only very briefly. I think the shot of Drogon at the end (the same as from all the other trailers naturally) is the longest we've seen of that yet.

Also yes, there is a trailer on the 18th. It is under-advertised (as in we haven't yet had a trailer-for-the-trailer) but then so was the most recent trailer.

I'm not sure if you're saying that this is some kind of indication that the show will suddenly go back to transcribing chapters directly to the screen because that's not happening. S4 has already confirmed things like Jon going to Craster's, the Hound not getting wounded when Arya gets Needle, Yara attacking the Dreadfort, Jaime in King's Landing for the PW, Jorah not getting banished before going into Meereen, Stannis going to Braavos etc. so I think S4 will resemble S3 in the way they are adapting the story.

I actually don't mind most of those changes, as they are more or less inconsequential to the overall story.

Jon going to Craster's seems like it was added to provide a bit of action earlier in the season. To me, that's a great change, and it also serves to resolve a subplot that was kind of just forgotten in the books.

Do we know the Hound isn't hurt during that fight? Maybe the wound just takes longer to mortify? Or maybe they're adding another fight later? Either way, I assume that Arya's storyline will play out mostly the way it does in the third book, with a few added scenes between her and the Hound because, well, everyone likes both characters and they're fun together.

Yara attacking the Dreadfort is probably the greatest departure from the books, but ultimately it doesn't seem like it will matter. She may not be present at the Kingsmoot, but given how the Kingsmoot turns out for her she doesn't actually need to be there anyway. The real importance of that scene was not really about Yara/Asha but about establishing Euron as a true threat and revealing the scope of his plans.

Jaime at King's Landing for the wedding is strange, but ultimately it doesn't really change anything. They'll just have to tweak dialogue in a scene or two.

Similarly, Jorah will likely be banished sometime this season rather than earlier like in the books. It still sends him to where he needs to be without removing him from the show for a season. Given that he's a main actor, that makes perfect sense just like keeping Theon around during season three (however poorly his scenes were handled) was a given. It's hard to have actors just disappear from a show for seasons at a time because, if they do, they might find a job on a different show and be subsequently unavailable to come back when you need them.

Stannis going to Braavos doesn't have much of an impact on his story, either. It just serves to establish the Iron Bank as important, as it will likely be going forward. It also gives him something to do between leaving Dragonstone and arriving at the Wall, as there will likely be a big episode gap between those two events.

I actually don't mind most of those changes, as they are more or less inconsequential to the overall story.

Do we know the Hound isn't hurt during that fight? Maybe the wound just takes longer to mortify? Or maybe they're adding another fight later? Either way, I assume that Arya's storyline will play out mostly the way it does in the third book, with a few added scenes between her and the Hound because, well, everyone likes both characters and they're fun together.

I don't think King Tommen was complaining about the changes. He was responding to somebody who sounded hopeful that the show would return to the degree of faithfulness from season 1.

We know the Hound isn't hurt when Arya gets Needle back because of this shot: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2419709696/tt0944947?ref_=ttmd_md_nxt

Game of Thrones deleted it from their facebook page because it spoiled a deviation from the books.

• 3 weeks later...

I decided I wasn't in enough pain, so a wade through this thread was in order.

Stannis going to Braavos isn't a big deal, don't turn this into a conspiracy to assassinate the character.

It also helps introduce the city for Arya when she becomes a regular over there.

Thank you for your drop of reason in this ocean of self-righteous indignation by the usual trolls and several people I have now lost respect for.

Query . Is anyone upset that Vargo got replace by Locke ? Chase that's one adaptation that I think is superior to the book.

No. That is a change I am quite happy with. Attempting to stay true to Hoat's character would have been problematic I feel. He works on the paqe but I feel it would have been too 'pantomime comedic villain' on the screen. There is also the problem of having a band called 'the Bloody Mummers' appear for a few episodes and then a band called the 'Brotherhood Without Banners' for a few more. Given that BWB have a further story with unCat later, it makes sense to economise the character numbers by deleting the BMs and converting Hoat into Locke. Also, Noah Taylor nailed it.

Had anyone else commented that in the newest trailers, the white walker at the end is now riding a dead horse and the walker's eyes are glowing bright blue? Guess the VFX team wasn't done when the initial trailers came out. Sorry if this has already been mentioned ad nauseum.

Had anyone else commented that in the newest trailers, the white walker at the end is now riding a dead horse and the walker's eyes are glowing bright blue? Guess the VFX team wasn't done when the initial trailers came out. Sorry if this has already been mentioned ad nauseum.

Now I'm picturing those poor VFX guys chilling out with some cigarettes thinking, "fuck yeah, we finished just in time! No coffee until the adrenal glands return to their normal size of golf balls."

Was a little disappointed when I first noticed Theon's change into Reek wouldn't be as drastic as it was in the book, at least looking at his physical appearance. Now that I've seen that behind the scenes video, I'm starting to get more optimistic. No white hair, no aging, but a definite change in behavior.

"Ramsay's a lovely guy. Really warm, friendly person. He likes taking walks in the countryside..." Damn, I really wanna meet that guy, oh wait.

Really looking forward to the Reek stuff this year but then again I liked that they got the physical torture of Theon out of the way last year so we finally will get to know who Reek actually is.

Was a little disappointed when I first noticed Theon's change into Reek wouldn't be as drastic as it was in the book, at least looking at his physical appearance. Now that I've seen that behind the scenes video, I'm starting to get more optimistic. No white hair, no aging, but a definite change in behavior.

The white hair just would have not worked on screen, just like Daario's hair and beard , some things that work well in the books doesn't mean it's going to work in the show .

Archived