Is Sweetrobin based off of Robert Dudley?

Lady Howell

He didn't need to solidify the hold over Lysa after she poisoned her husband and escaped to the Vale. Prior to that, in order to gain her cooperation he was most likely bedding her, and a woman who's dealt with as many tragic pregnancies as she has would not be taking moon tea to prevent any bastards. I'm not saying that SR is absolutely LF's son but the only way I'd rule it out is if LF was not yet in KL prior to SR's conception.

I think Lysa was taking moon tea with John Arryn specifically until she got Petyr around.

I feel that in GRRM's writing there's a propensity to knock characters with undesirable personality traits down a peg. Jaime's vanity and battle prowess is humbled by his dismemberment, Theon's bravado and cocksureness is humbled by his, well, dismemberment. Here we have some spoiled little runt who's completely coddled and entitled who also has a bit of a mean streak. What better way to put him in his place than to delegitimize him. We have bastards being legitimized and given their house name, why not the other way around? In any case, I'm expecting most of the Lordships to be completely reappointed by the end of the series and do not see Robert Arryn with any authority by the conclusion. Slap a mockingbird on his doublet and send him to the Fingers. I want LF to know, if he doesn't already, the sort of heir he's able to pass down.

I'm saying SR, at his mother's breast, was heading down that path. As of right now he's a bit subdued from all the sweetsleep but I feel he'd likely grow up to be a bit atrocious. Is it his fault? Probably not; kid's had an interesting upbringing, but I think Martin is saying something about those born with silver spoons in their mouths.

I'm saying SR, at his mother's breast, was heading down that path. As of right now he's a bit subdued from all the sweetsleep but I feel he'd likely grow up to be a bit atrocious. Is it his fault? Probably not; kid's had an interesting upbringing, but I think Martin is saying something about those born with silver spoons in their mouths.

He's not heading down that path. He doesn't understand that path. Robert Arryn is a dead ringer for Charles II of Spain, minus the incest.

Being bratty is no sign of going down that road.

Being bratty is no sign of going down that road.

It went a bit further than bratty though... I mean he did want to see 'the little man fly'. Not saying he is going to be like Ramsay but the kid is definately screwed up and was whatever road he was on, I doubt it would have turned out well.Maybe now his mother is dead he might turn out decent.

It went a bit further than bratty though... I mean he did want to see 'the little man fly'. Not saying he is going to be like Ramsay but the kid is definately screwed up and was whatever road he was on, I doubt it would have turned out well.Maybe now his mother is dead he might turn out decent.

He is mentally deficient. Lysa was pushing that angle but any kingdom with a child (mentally) as a lord is going to have some bad times. He doesn't understand what happens when he makes people fly.

It could be that Sweetrobin can be saved though. We don't know what would happen if he had a real caregiver.

There are some glimmers that Robin can control himself if he tries really hard -- there a couple of scenes where he is polite and respectful when holding court in the Vale. It takes effort but he can do it.

In any case, the unexpected death of Robin could be a major hitch in LF's plans. GRRM mentioned a controversial Sansa chapter for TWoW, I can't help but wonder (after all the speculation of a rape scene was hushed) that maybe Sansa, learning from LF's own tactics, does something to "remove" Sweet Robyn from the Vale, effectively nullifying LF's tenure as well as the uneasy agreement he has with the Vale lords.

The removal of Sweet Robin is in progress. In Sansa's last chapter she orders Maester Colemon to give SR two more cups of sweetmilk while Colemon was afraid to give him one more the night before. SR had one for the descent from the Eyrie with the second scheduled before the feast which should feature in her first TWOW POV. Far from borrowing LF's tactics, Sansa does so because she believes her 'father' and she have more important plans than SR's health.

“Just give him a cup of the sweetmilk before we go, and another at the feast, and there should be no trouble.”

“Very well.” They paused at the foot of the stairs. “But this must be the last. For half a year, or longer.”

“You had best take that up with the Lord Protector.” She pushed through the door and crossed the yard. Colemon only wanted the best for his charge, Alayne knew, but what was best for Robert the boy and what was best for Lord Arryn were not always the same. Petyr had said as much, and it was true. Maester Colemon cares only for the boy, though. Father and I have larger concerns.

Its useful to recall that the 'giant' doll prophesy for LF's downfall features Sansa accidentally ripping off the giants head.

I really don't see SR dieing. We'll not see him grow up to be a BAMF, because the series doesn't do that, but I can't imagine him dieing. What point would that serve? Especially, when HtH seems to be a massive douche who's imo being set-up as a minor antagonist in the next volume.

SR's early death will mean LF becomes essentially powerless in the Vale. HtH as Lord Arryn may not be so interested in the potential marriage his guardian Lady Waynwood has arranged with LF. If Maester Colemon rats Sansa out for having ordered the OD, its a whole new game for all concerned in the Vale.

Archived