The Most Criminally Overlooked or Underrated Writers Ever List

The Killer Snark

It's a book where that either works for you or it doesn't, I'm afraid. I tend to think of it as a strongly Australian one, and I liked it for that, but in fairness, I'm well placed for it.

I also tend to like books with a stylised voice - A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, TRUE HISTORY OF THE KELLY GANG, VOICE OF THE FIRE, there is a long list.

Another one on the stack of (e)book to be read pile.

If I remember the discussions on (I believe) Galactic Suburbia correctly the initial version of Trucksong (written as part of a thesis) was less accessible than the published version.

Another one on the stack of (e)book to be read pile.

If I remember the discussions on (I believe) Galactic Suburbia correctly the initial version of Trucksong (written as part of a thesis) was less accessible than the published version.

Yeah. You can read it on www.trucksong.com.au in its first form.

It's interesting to compare the two. I read the original after it was subbed as a Phd, and possibly because of that, I always preferred the first voice. But I found it interesting to see how Macrae altered it, the changes he made, and so forth. It might just be me, but I kind of liked that the two versions were available, that you could see the difference - it gave the book a little something extra that you don't see often in novels. In fact, I thought all the things done around it greatly enhanced the attraction of the book to me, especially that soundtrack, which I somewhat envy. I wish I could make music for my own books.

Archived