Last POV

I agree with Bran.

It all started with him and it will end with him, I think.

(If I could decide, it would be Davos.

In his last chapter / the epilogue he would talk about how the Seaworths and the Baratheons of Dragonstone living happily together in the Red Keep.

Marya and his three sons live with him in the Tower of the Hand, Stannis sits on the IT, Shireen is well, Selyse... ehm... I don't really know, what happens with her :unsure: ... but we would be satisfied with it :P .

And the whole story would end with Davos, who sits in Stannis' absence on the IT -Stannis is of course not ill, hurt or something, just busy because of some important duties and for a short time absent! (I want the Mannis on the IT, but it would be sooo awesome seeing Davos sit there for a little while!)...

and EVERYTHING WOULD BE FINE AND PERFECT! ^_^

A girl can still dream...)

This is terribly written and horribly cheesy but I'd like to see something like this.

Sansa walked down the last few steps that led to the crypts. The cold, damp air wrapped itself around her and she pulled her fur collar.

Ever since Septa Mordane had took her and Arya down there —what seemed like a lifetime ago— and introduced them to their many ancestors, Sansa had always stayed as far away from that place as she could. The crypts seemed to represent everything she hated about the North. The cold unyielded stone, the stern faces of Rickard, Brandon and all the Starks the place had known.
To her Winterfell was everything the crypts were not. It was the warm cosyness of her room, where she had played with Jeyne. It was the banquet hall, with its great hearth, where she would try to chase Arya after she had done something bad. It was a prayer shared with her mother, in the small sept her father had built specially for her. It was digging her hands deep in Lady's thick, wooly fur.
Still, she had to be there, it was her duty.
As she walked down the dark and dreary corridors, she tried to suppress a shiver, as a gust of wind almost blew out the torch she was holding. The air howled down, almost calling her to her destination.
The gravestones in the crypts were aged and covered in moss, yet when she came to a halt, she was standing in front of four tombs that seemed to have just been placed there. As she looked up, she saw the four likenesses, carved into gray stone, the color of her house. Their shadows danced on the walls under the light of the torch and for a moment, she could've sworn her family was once again here with her.
She almost didn't recognize her father, it seemed like decades since she had last seen this face, begging to that wretched boy king, seconds before her world had gone black. Yet, here he was, in all the sterness she had known.
Next to her father, another face she had almost forgotten. Her mother looked kind and hopeful, loose curles of what she knew had been auburn hair tumbled down her shoulders. This statue was guarded by a great direwolf, carved in elegant lines. Sansa extended her arm to pet this beast she had once called Lady. For a second, she had almost expected the stone to turn soft, warm and bristly under her fingers, but it did not yield. She felt a knot in her stomach.
The third statue was a comely young man, an iron crown resting on his brow. He had one hand resting on the head of an even bigger direwolf, the one they had called Grey Wind. Alive, Robb had always looked more Tully than Stark, but here, he couldn't be mistaken for anyone other than the first Stark King the North had known in centuries.

The last statue was a young boyish girl who looked like she was about to spring right off the great stone slab. The first likeness of Arya the stonemasons had brought in front of Sansa was too rigid and unflinching an image of her baby sister. Sansa wanted to see Arya the way she remembered her, running around the warm halls of the Great Keep, escaping from Septa Mordane's sewing classes and generally causing the lord of Winterfell a great deal of worry. She wanted to erase the memory of the last time she had seen her, unrecognizable, half the skin on her body turned gray, dying at the foot of the godswood's great weirwood tree. This statue looked like it was about to come to life and she wouldn't remember her little sister any other way.

She knelt and addressed a prayer to the old gods and the new.

As she walked out of the crypts, a portly man wearing grey robes, heavy chains around his neck, caught up with her and kneeled in front of her.
'My queen!' he said, trying to catch his breath. 'I have been looking all over for you'
'Maester Samwell' she said, with a curt nod.

'What did you think of the statues?' asked the maester, rising back on his feet.
'I should like to congratulate the masons in person. They have done well' she said, humbly.
'I am glad you are pleased, my queen. Your council awaits in the great hall.'

'Thank you Maester. Please join us today, we have much to do' Sansa said, her face poised with determination. Looking back towards the crypts she added 'And winter is coming.'

As they walked across the yard, the Queen in the North looked around her. The castle had certainly changed since she had left with King Robert's party but once again it seemed to be bursting with life. Here, carpenters were raising tall beams where the stables had once been; there, a hunting party was just coming back from the wolfswood and it seemed the forest had been generous; up on the battlements, the masons laid one stone after the other and the walls of Winterfell had never seemed so high.

I'd like it to be Davos, returning to his wife. I think I could take anything GRRM has to throw at me as long as that happens.

I can see that as the last POV chapter for DAVOS, but not the last of the series.

Personally, I hope it's a Bran chapter in the rebuilt Winterfell, couple of years later, and he finally recovers his father's bones.

Either that or a Jon Snow chapter. Ending with him standing on top of the Wall and looking back at the Seven Kingdoms.

I'm with the apparent Bran tidal wave, for the fact he can do a "fly by" on all the surviving characters, including ideas like Jon at the Wall, Rickon all grown up in WF resembling Ned, Dany in search a red door, or whatever other surviving characters make sense to focus depending on where things land.

With that being "obvious," perhaps the "last" chapter is Bran's, but the epilogue immediately after zooms back in to someone (and something) completely unexpected, possibly even a "new" one-time POV, just to put us on our toes one last time and add additional reread value to the series.

Jumping on the Bran as last POV bandwagon. It'll finally come full circle. We could have Bran look out of Weirwoods and see Rickon, the new King of the North, teaching his own son what Ned had taught Bran so long ago of how a man can only be brave when he is afraid. Also, Bran could see Jon on top of the Wall, looking at the forest with Arya and Sansa safe and happy wherever they are.

• 5 months later...

I think it will be Bran.

I expect the last POV to take place 20-30 years after the end of the series. Bran will have flashbacks and visions of the past. By this time, he will have rebuilt Winterfell and the Wall, helped Jon rebuild and secure the Realm. After that, his time as the Lord of Winterfell will come to its natural end and he will leave Winterfell to Rickon and his descendants. He will retire to the crypts of Winterfell to merge with the heart tree and he will never come back again. Note that the weirwood roots can access the crypts. Before descening into darkness, he will want to say goodbye to family and old friends.

Bran, via Raven will be watching Rickon Stark interact with his children. Rickon will tell his child about what happened to his Uncle Jon after he took the throne, filling us in on what happened since the final chapter. The last words will be Rickons son telling him he's scared, and since hes scared, doesn't know if he can be brave, to which Rickon will reply that's the only time to be brave.

Archived