The Waif

Ko Rakharo

In Arya's second chapter (iirc) she is learning with and teaching the Waif. The Kindly Man explains she is 36 and how her father was a noble lord and how her stepmother tried to kill her. As she is 36 and her static appearance gave Arya a childish impression (Arya is 11) we could safely put her as poisoned at 6-8 -- that means 28-30 years before the moment, or 270-72AL if you prefer.

Are there any known lords roughly in their sixties who have had at least two wives, both dead a long time ago, and only a heiress presumptive? Or rather, a House that's been headed by a Lady (Waif's half-sister) in the last thirty years? Is there any info out that possibly hints at Waif's father? I would really like to see something about her, but speculating around all noble Ladies in Westeros would be extrapolation -- Lady Whent, Tanda Stokeworth, Lady Hornwood, Anya Waynwood (too young)... I'd really like to know any theories on it -- or even help building one, lol

• 2 months later...

Just read your post and I am surprised at no responses. I will have to think on this one and get back to you. I would recommend you re-posting with a different title. Maybe in the form of a question? People usually respond if they immediately see a question.

I immediately tried to think of what noble house the waif was from, but unfortunately my knowledge of Westros isn't that great and I could never figure it out. Hopefully someone can help us out. Great question though!

I immediately tried to think of what noble house the waif was from, but unfortunately my knowledge of Westros isn't that great and I could never figure it out. Hopefully someone can help us out. Great question though!

Archived