Who would be the worst character to sit the Iron Throne realistically?

LdOfWfll

Euron, because the risk is that he might keep it. Gregor or Ramsay would provoke an uprising to topple them in short order.

Honestly out of all our current contestants Euron has the most rapped into one package. Although Aegon the questionable colored dragon teaming up with Varys is the best value overall. Still, Euron has shown a certain low cunning, people don't screw around with him, and he's feared without doing something of Red wedding calibre.

I don't get why everyone thinks Euron is so effective. The second time he gives a speech after the raiding most of the ironborn are not as convinced of what he's saying so his only real play for power so far is the prospect of using dragons, of which he cannot be sure. So yeah, we've seen Ramsay being successful in his scheming when he was at Winterfell. So far, beyond winning the Kingsmoot Euron still needs to convince me that he's really the mastermind everyone says he is.

I don't get why everyone thinks Euron is so effective. The second time he gives a speech after the raiding most of the ironborn are not as convinced of what he's saying so his only real play for power so far is the prospect of using dragons, of which he cannot be sure. So yeah, we've seen Ramsay being successful in his scheming when he was at Winterfell. So far, beyond winning the Kingsmoot Euron still needs to convince me that he's really the mastermind everyone says he is.

It's how he did it despite his reputation being terrible that has most people impressed. That and people are surprised that an Ironborn can show low cunning. He's got a little of everything but not major strengths.

This is a hard one. The immediate contenders that spring to mind are Danaerys, Cersei, Ramsay, and Walder Frey...but I think the winner is...

BALON GREYJOY!!!

The man never demonstrated a single rational thought during the books, he seems to show no interest in making any sort of alliances with Houses that aren't from the Iron Islands, and madness clearly runs in his bloodline.

Basically, if Balon miraculously got a chance to pluck his drowned ass on the Iron Throne, he would just be inviting a rebellion with the aims of deposing him.

Daenerys. She'll muck it up like she did Mereen, if not worse.

At least Jon will get a bit further with his leadership despite his idealism and naivety.

Yeah, because running an extremely small military organization is the same as running a massive city like Meereen, or all of Westeros.

Yeah, because running an extremely small military organization is the same as running a massive city like Meereen, or all of Westeros.

Okay, you can't compare how they led different groups of different sizes.

I'm not comparing Jon's leading of the NW to Dany's ruling of Mereen.

I'm not saying Jon is way better, I'm just saying that he's a bit better at being leader than Dany.

And between them, Jon hasn't made nearly as many as stupid decisions as Dany.

Agreed. Meereen is probably harder to rule than Westeros just because of how dedicated they are to slaving and blood-sports. Whereas the Westerosi are comparatively civilized.

Dany. She destroyed the core of her forces by destroying the facility that made the unsullied. She probably did the stupidest thing any of the other characters have done. To think she could have had an army of spartan-like warriors and destroyed the capability of making anymore shows how compulsive and irrational she looks at things in the large scale.

Dany. She destroyed the core of her forces by destroying the facility that made the unsullied. She probably did the stupidest thing any of the other characters have done. To think she could have had an army of spartan-like warriors and destroyed the capability of making anymore shows how compulsive and irrational she looks at things in the large scale.

Well this is a new one for me. So now we are condemning Dany for ABOLISHING the practice of training Unsullied? :shocked: The mind boggles :dunno:

Well this is a new one for me. So now we are condemning Dany for ABOLISHING the practice of training Unsullied? :shocked: The mind boggles :dunno:

:agree: I'm nowhere near a Daenerys fan but abolishing the practice of making Unsullied was a great thing. It may not have the most practical(in having more troops) but had she continued it, there would be no chance of her having the loyalty she currently has of can possibly have in Westeros. Some Westerosi lords would put her head on a spike out of principle. Anyway, anyone saying that her stopping the making of Unsullied was stupid is just plain ignorant, Dany hate.

Agreed. Meereen is probably harder to rule than Westeros just because of how dedicated they are to slaving and blood-sports. Whereas the Westerosi are comparatively civilized.

It's certainly hard to compare. Dany was trying to completely change the culture in Meereen. And was dealing with a shadow war.

Don't think its as much mind boggling as it is ironic. She doesn't want to be a tyrant but she wants to be a tyrant. I assume its the idea of a just tyrant maybe? Of course her own sense of justice.

I think freeing the slaves is one thing. But creating an elite force like the unsullied and maintaining it for an ends to a mean is different. Should she fail everyone she freed will go back to slavery and worse.

Realistically, it would be interesting if she becomes her own queen in the East. This to me would make the most sense. But who knows. It really seems farfetched for her to invade Westeros (even if she does it successfully) and maintain her rule with a foreign force. In fact, most probably view her as a foreigner anyway and illegitimate.

So Dany now has 8000-ish unsullied. (Which can go five to one against a Dothraki hoard without rest) and a collection of freedman. It wouldn't be entirely unwise to go over to Westeros after the battle of Meereen.

Archived